CSNbbs
Raise for USA Employees - More Housing - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt West Team Talk (/forum-290.html)
+----- Forum: South Alabama (/forum-295.html)
+----- Thread: Raise for USA Employees - More Housing (/thread-539768.html)

Raise for USA Employees - More Housing - AtlantaJag - 12-09-2011 10:24 AM

Link
Important point that lack of housing is costing us new students. That must be dealt with.

RE: Raise for USA Employees - More Housing - BLEEDITRED - 12-09-2011 11:10 AM

Good to hear. The employees definitely deserve another pay bump and more housing is sorely needed.

RE: Raise for USA Employees - More Housing - mts305 - 12-09-2011 11:46 AM

(12-09-2011 11:10 AM)BLEEDITRED Wrote:  Good to hear. The employees definitely deserve another pay bump and more housing is sorely needed.

Great news!!! I bet an on-campus stadium would bump freshman enrollment up a little more.

I found the stat that 92% of stundents not from Mobile or Baldwin county live on campus very interesting. I wonder what % of total students are from outside Mobile or Baldwin county?

RE: Raise for USA Employees - More Housing - Dedsquirrl - 12-09-2011 12:30 PM

Is South still allowing kids from the Panhandle of FL to attend paying in-state tuition.

That is how I attended school and just about everyone in my dorm was from the Panhandle. Or the Mississippi Gulf Coast.

Nice to hear about the raise and the housing.
They deserve it.
And I believe the school said that there was no way they would even consider building the on campus stadium until they got the faculty a raise.

RE: Raise for USA Employees - More Housing - mts305 - 12-09-2011 12:35 PM

(12-09-2011 12:30 PM)Dedsquirrl Wrote:  Is South still allowing kids from the Panhandle of FL to attend paying in-state tuition.

That is how I attended school and just about everyone in my dorm was from the Panhandle. Or the Mississippi Gulf Coast.

They deserve it.
And I believe the school said that there was no way they would even consider building the on campus stadium until they got the faculty a raise.

That was the rumor. That got me a little excited.

Most of the folks that I knew that lived in the dorms were form the MS gulf coast or expats.

RE: Raise for USA Employees - More Housing - airtroop - 12-09-2011 02:29 PM

(12-09-2011 12:35 PM)mts305 Wrote:  
(12-09-2011 12:30 PM)Dedsquirrl Wrote:  Is South still allowing kids from the Panhandle of FL to attend paying in-state tuition.

They deserve it.

That was the rumor. That got me a little excited.

Most of the folks that I knew that lived in the dorms were form the MS gulf coast or expats.

More than a rumor, it's a fact. This could be great news for an OCS :-)

RE: Raise for USA Employees - More Housing - BLEEDITRED - 12-09-2011 02:39 PM

I can't remember how far, but yes, there is a radius around Mobile that can attend at "in state" rates. Maybe something like 50 miles?

RE: Raise for USA Employees - More Housing - cb960 - 12-09-2011 03:29 PM

(12-09-2011 02:39 PM)BLEEDITRED Wrote:  I can't remember how far, but yes, there is a radius around Mobile that can attend at "in state" rates. Maybe something like 50 miles?

I think you are correct.

RE: Raise for USA Employees - More Housing - GBjagsfan - 12-09-2011 04:14 PM

My wife and I both got in-state rates (Escambia & Santa Rosa counties) and I believe it extended as far east as Walton county.