CSNbbs
When do you think we will hear about a new OC? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt West Team Talk (/forum-290.html)
+----- Forum: South Alabama (/forum-295.html)
+----- Thread: When do you think we will hear about a new OC? (/thread-538540.html)

When do you think we will hear about a new OC? - Dedsquirrl - 12-06-2011 01:26 PM

Coach Jones is out on the recruiting trail right now according to the MPR.

I figure he will hit a few campuses and interview a few potential OC's while he is on the road.

You think we will have one in place before the bowls are done?
JJ said he doesn't think it will impact our recruiting, but I ain't so sure. Kids now-a-days are savvy and want a name they can google.

Probably not a huge deal, but for kids leaning one way or another, not having a person in the OC chair can't be a good thing.

I bet we have one in place as soon as the FCS Playoffs/Bowls are done.
We are probably targeting someone involved in that mix of things.

RE: When do you think we will hear about a new OC? - usmgh - 12-06-2011 04:42 PM

(12-06-2011 01:26 PM)Dedsquirrl Wrote:  Coach Jones is out on the recruiting trail right now according to the MPR.

I figure he will hit a few campuses and interview a few potential OC's while he is on the road.

You think we will have one in place before the bowls are done?
JJ said he doesn't think it will impact our recruiting, but I ain't so sure. Kids now-a-days are savvy and want a name they can google.

Probably not a huge deal, but for kids leaning one way or another, not having a person in the OC chair can't be a good thing.

I bet we have one in place as soon as the FCS Playoffs/Bowls are done.
We are probably targeting someone involved in that mix of things.
CJJ is on the road recruiting at the moment. I think priority one is to land some mid-year enrollee JC transfers (OL and CB) and then CJJ will move on to OC. Unless of course he already had that sorted when he decided to part ways with CGG.

RE: When do you think we will hear about a new OC? - AtlantaJag - 12-07-2011 04:57 PM

CJJ said he doesn't expect to fill the spot until January. I think as long as he can assure them what type of offense USA will be running, most recruits will hang with the Jags.

RE: When do you think we will hear about a new OC? - JagOfClubs - 12-07-2011 06:19 PM

Unless there was some urgency to making the change last week that I don't know about, I have to think that CJJ had a plan in mind when he made the change. It seems likely that he's protecting the ID for the sake of the new coach for now.