CSNbbs
Old Big East Football must face reality! - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+----- Forum: AACbbs Smack Talk (/forum-423.html)
+----- Thread: Old Big East Football must face reality! (/thread-52782.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

- cuseroc - 05-23-2005 09:42 PM

RocketWolverine Wrote:
brista21 Wrote:
RocketWolverine Wrote:
tigercat Wrote:
RocketWolverine Wrote:
mlbUC Wrote:Not that I really want to get into the middle of this pissing match... but I do have a question. How can any fan of Toledo rip on another city by saying it is a "toilet of a city"? They need to take a look in their back yard, not to mention their lake nearby.

Ann Arbor, on the other hand, is a nice little city (and an easy lay  :D ).
As I said, I am from Detroit, lived in Toledo and visited Juarez. Memphis is the dirtiest city I have ever been in.

THERE WERE DRUG DEALERS ON BEALE STREET. MORE THAN ONE. IN THE PLACE THAT YOUR CITY TRIES TO GET TOURISTS TO GO.

And the Memphis campus is one of the 5 worst I have visited (and I have been to over 100 the past three years).

It's a toilet of a city, a joke of a school and a laughable football program.
"drug dealers on Beale Street..." going by your posts, I bet you know where the drug dealers are in every city you visit.
*yawn*

Judging by the douchebags in this thread, I hope that Toledo and Memphis get invites to the BEast. It would make the wins that much more enjoyable, knowing that turd burglars like you were crying in your Zima after ANOTHER loss to Toledo.
Keep dreaming Toledo's decent but Pitt, WVU, Conn, UL, and Cuse are all definitely better. I'd also imagine that Rutgers, UC, and USF would also give you a run for your money.
Pitt, WVU and UL are the only teams of that group that have been ranked in the top 25 more recently than Toledo has.

You are an ignorant ******.
Cuse may not have been ranked in the top 25 as recently as Toledo has, but Cuse sure did spank them the last time they played. Yes a mediocre Cuse team that went 6-6 for the season spanked a ranked toledo team.

BTW, when was the last time that toledo beat Cuse?
How about never? 04-cheers

- omniorange - 05-23-2005 10:01 PM

Quote:Pitt, WVU and UL are the only teams of that group that have been ranked in the top 25 more recently than Toledo has.

Hey, SprocketNerd -

The only time rankings matter are the Final BCS rankings which decide what teams play in BCS Bowls and the Final Poll rankings.

Last time Toledo was in a BCS Bowl - umm - Never.
BCS Bowls SU has played in - Fiesta Bowl in 1997 and Orange Bowl in 1998.

Last time Toledo was ranked in the AP or Coaches Final Poll - 2001 - #23 in the AP and #22 in the Coaches.

Last time SU was ranked in the AP or Coaches Final Poll - 2001 - #14 in both polls.

Other than that, as Cuseroc has already pointed out, one of our worse teams spanked the Rockets 34-7 as recently as 2003.

Run along, son, you're making an ****** of yourself.

Cheers,
Neil

- Maize - 05-23-2005 11:03 PM

omnicarrier Wrote:
Quote:Pitt, WVU and UL are the only teams of that group that have been ranked in the top 25 more recently than Toledo has.

Hey, SprocketNerd -

The only time rankings matter are the Final BCS rankings which decide what teams play in BCS Bowls and the Final Poll rankings.

Last time Toledo was in a BCS Bowl - umm - Never.
BCS Bowls SU has played in - Fiesta Bowl in 1997 and Orange Bowl in 1998.

Last time Toledo was ranked in the AP or Coaches Final Poll - 2001 - #23 in the AP and #22 in the Coaches.

Last time SU was ranked in the AP or Coaches Final Poll - 2001 - #14 in both polls.

Other than that, as Cuseroc has already pointed out, one of our worse teams spanked the Rockets 34-7 as recently as 2003.

Run along, son, you're making an ****** of yourself.

Cheers,
Neil
This thread reminds me of Killerfrogs. I guess this guy and Eagle in Yune are brothers.

- CollegeCard - 05-23-2005 11:12 PM

RocketWolverine Wrote:
CollegeCard Wrote:Why doesn't one of the admins ban this Rocketwolverine douchebag. I like reading this board without wading through this much garbage and everything he's posted is garbage so far.

Anyone else notice how his lame ****** responded to a crack on Toledo's small stadium by posting a pic of Michigan's? Like that somehow proves Toledo's stadium is nice! Next time someone cuts on UofL's PJCS I'll post a pic of the Rose Bowl to "prove" my point.

Seriously, does ANYONE want to continue reading his crap. Just ban garbage like him.
Your school doesn't play in the Rose Bowl. Bad analogy.

My alma mater plays in Michigan Stadium. Someone said "your stadium," so I posted a pic of "my stadium."

Interesting that you bring up the Rose Bowl. My alma mater has been there more than any other team in the Big Ten.
You aren't real bright. You came on here to defend Toledo. Then when attacked you "fall back" to Michigan. Everyone will grant you that we don't have the tradition or stadium of Michigan. That wasn't the issue however was it?

Go back to where you came from and make the world, or at least this board, a much better place.

- fsquid - 05-23-2005 11:25 PM

RocketWolverine Wrote:
fsquid Wrote:
Quote:It might only seat 26,248 but it has been rated the best stadium in the MAC by the Sporting News

That's like being named the Valedictorian of Summer School.
Summer school is something you should know all about, Mr. I couldn't get into a school that didn't have an open enrollment policy.

Seriously, a Memphis fan trying to rip Toledo is hilarious. You are a mid-major just like Toledo. Toledo has a top-25 calibre football team and a mediocre basketball team. Memphis has a top-25 calibre basketbally team and a mediocre football team. Both are commuter schools. CUSA is a far weaker football conference than the MAC, and the basketball side is pretty much even (CUSA stronger at the top, MAC stronger throughout).

You have absolutely no reason nor right to rip Toledo for anything.
You are correct, I was lucky enough to have summer school over in Europe for 2 of my summers when in school. Loved it.

Mac is better than C-USA in basketball?? Huh? I can't even name one MAC basketball team that's been in the NCAAs. I don't even know who's good in that conference.

I hope you had a chance to see Calipari on the Best Damn Sports Show tonight as a guest host. I'm sure Toledo will have one of their coaches on there as a guest host. :laugh: :laugh:

- The Knight Time - 05-23-2005 11:53 PM

fsquid Wrote:
RocketWolverine Wrote:
fsquid Wrote:
Quote:It might only seat 26,248 but it has been rated the best stadium in the MAC by the Sporting News

Summer school is something you should know all about, Mr. I couldn't get into a school that didn't have an open enrollment policy.

Seriously, a Memphis fan trying to rip Toledo is hilarious. You are a mid-major just like Toledo. Toledo has a top-25 calibre football team and a mediocre basketball team. Memphis has a top-25 calibre basketbally team and a mediocre football team. Both are commuter schools. CUSA is a far weaker football conference than the MAC, and the basketball side is pretty much even (CUSA stronger at the top, MAC stronger throughout).

You are correct, I was lucky enough to have summer school over in Europe for 2 of my summers when in school. Loved it.

Mac is better than C-USA in basketball?? Huh? I can't even name one MAC basketball team that's been in the NCAAs. I don't even know who's good in that conference.

I hope you had a chance to see Calipari on the Best Damn Sports Show tonight as a guest host. I'm sure Toledo will have one of their coaches on there as a guest host. :laugh: :laugh:
Some Toledo fans let the "MAC success" go to their head.

The basketball comment is assinine.

- sparkomemphis - 05-24-2005 12:54 AM

RocketWolverine Wrote:
mlbUC Wrote:Not that I really want to get into the middle of this pissing match... but I do have a question. How can any fan of Toledo rip on another city by saying it is a "toilet of a city"? They need to take a look in their back yard, not to mention their lake nearby.

Ann Arbor, on the other hand, is a nice little city (and an easy lay  :D ).
As I said, I am from Detroit, lived in Toledo and visited Juarez. Memphis is the dirtiest city I have ever been in.

THERE WERE DRUG DEALERS ON BEALE STREET. MORE THAN ONE. IN THE PLACE THAT YOUR CITY TRIES TO GET TOURISTS TO GO.

And the Memphis campus is one of the 5 worst I have visited (and I have been to over 100 the past three years).

It's a toilet of a city, a joke of a school and a laughable football program.
<a href='http://www.geocities.com/SouthBeach/Island/3737/cca0078.html' target='_blank'>[Image: cca0078.jpg]</a>

- RocketWolverine - 05-24-2005 02:43 AM

CollegeCard Wrote:
RocketWolverine Wrote:
CollegeCard Wrote:Why doesn't one of the admins ban this Rocketwolverine douchebag. I like reading this board without wading through this much garbage and everything he's posted is garbage so far.

Anyone else notice how his lame ****** responded to a crack on Toledo's small stadium by posting a pic of Michigan's? Like that somehow proves Toledo's stadium is nice! Next time someone cuts on UofL's PJCS I'll post a pic of the Rose Bowl to "prove" my point.

Seriously, does ANYONE want to continue reading his crap. Just ban garbage like him.
Your school doesn't play in the Rose Bowl. Bad analogy.

My alma mater plays in Michigan Stadium. Someone said "your stadium," so I posted a pic of "my stadium."

Interesting that you bring up the Rose Bowl. My alma mater has been there more than any other team in the Big Ten.
You aren't real bright. You came on here to defend Toledo. Then when attacked you "fall back" to Michigan. Everyone will grant you that we don't have the tradition or stadium of Michigan. That wasn't the issue however was it?

Go back to where you came from and make the world, or at least this board, a much better place.
You aren't very bright (note the proper English). I didn't come here to defend Toledo. I came here to point out that Toledo is the best team the Big East could invite right now. One of your idiot groupmates decided that this wasn't going to be a civilized discussion, that names were going to be called, so I decided to drop the gloves too.

And regardless of any sort of consensus that a bunch of idiot fanboys on a messageboard think, if the BEast decides to expand, Toledo will be amongst the first schools called. Toledo will never be in a true top tier conference, but the BEast is the best of the mid-major conferences, so that's where I want to see Toledo play.

And I didn't "fall back" on Michigan. Your idiot groupmates made a couple stupid comments based on assumptions. A college team isn't "yours" unless you are an alum of that school. Toledo isn't "mine," it's my favorite team. I am just a fan. Their stadium is small, but as I proved, there's no need to "fall back" to any other school, since Toledo does just fine in the stadium they have against the best team in your conference.

- RocketWolverine - 05-24-2005 02:45 AM

PyramidGhost Wrote:
RocketWolverine Wrote:1. Every city has drug dealers. Not every city allows drug dealers to harrass tourists in the tourist part of town. Do you understand the difference?
So you go to a street, full of bars, in the heart of downtown, and you find a drug dealer. Wow, that's like finding a drug dealer on Sunset Strip or Times Square.
Quote:2. I am not a Michigan fan, I am a Michigan alum. Fans are people like you who don't go to college, who didn't attend the school they are a fan of. When someone says "your stadium," well, that's Michigan Stadium. That's mine, that's the stadium of my alma mater. The Glass Bowl is not my stadium, that's Toledo's.
Right, so then you will agree that Toledo is a football joke since that's not your team?
Quote:3. What difference does it make if the stadium only seats 30,000? They pack the place for big games (something that a lot of BEast teams can't even seem to do), and they win at home (something a lot of BEast teams can't do). Would you rather play your home games at Lincoln Financial to 10,000 fans who don't care, or worse, a bunch of Syracuse or Pitt fans who made the trek to cheer for their home team? Or would you rather play at a small, packed stadium where the fans go nuts all game intimidating your opposition, and where you win almost every game you play?
I thought Michigan's stadium was your stadium so why are you talking about Toledo again?

Quote:4. I had season tickets my entire time at UM. I have been to big games against Notre Dame, Ohio State, Michigan State, Iowa and Wisconsin (who, besides Notre Dame, are all legitimate BCS schools, as opposed to the glorified mid-majors of the BEast). Never once did it get as loud there as it did at the Glass Bowl when Toledo came from behind in the 2nd half and knocked off 8th-ranked Pitt.
So Michigan is your school when someone knocks Toledo and you can't defend them, but Toledo is your school at all other times? You're the one that brought up Michigan, not me. It's like me saying, shutup about Memphis, UT is in Tennessee let's talk about them.
Quote:So, as your (internet) girlfriend tells you repeatedly, size doesn't matter. It's what you do with it.
My internet girlfriend? Right, so everyone that uses the Internet can only get Internet girlfriends. Way to group yourself into that generalization as well. You talk about the great city of Toledo, lose the argument, then talk about Michigan. Again, how is the great football powerhouse of Toledo better than Memphis? Because their stadium seats about half as many? Because they beat an overrated Pitt team? Because there's not a single drug dealer near any of the bars in all of Toledo? I'm sorry that your sketchy looking self got offered drugs in a part of town full of bars. I've never been offered drugs on Beale, but I dress well and don't invite it so maybe it's more about the person than the city.
Whew, you really don't ****ing get it, do you?

- RocketWolverine - 05-24-2005 02:57 AM

The Knight Time Wrote:
fsquid Wrote:
RocketWolverine Wrote:
fsquid Wrote:

Some Toledo fans let the "MAC success" go to their head.

The basketball comment is assinine.
Dipshit, stick to a lexicon you are comfortable with. When you use words you aren't comfortable with, like "assinine" (sic), you completely undermine any point you may have had.

And as I said, CUSA is better at the top in basketball, but the MAC is better overall. How can you argue otherwise?

CUSA has Memphis as a lock for the postseason, with UAB, Rice and UTEP a notch below. After that, it's slim pickins.

The MAC has Kent, Akron, BG, Ball State, Buffalo, Miami, Ohio, Western Michigan and Toledo in the hunt every year.

Earth to moron, this isn't 2003. Four of the top five teams in the CUSA standings from last year have left. It's a mediocre conference at best.

- Maize - 05-24-2005 07:04 AM

The Big East is NOT going to expand anytime soon and I seriously doubt we would take a Toledo, freaking Toledo ROTFLMAO :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :haha: :haha: :haha: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: .

It is not just some "fanboys" on a internet message board but the commish himself. Read and weep, you are stuck in Mid Major American Conference better know as the MAC. BTW you lose all crediblity when you try to compare MAC Basketball to C-USA basketball. UAB, UTEP and Memphis would run away with the MAC title.

Mickey T on Big East Expansion
Tranghese acknowledges a nine-team conference would be ideal for scheduling. But adding a ninth team is not on his list of priorities.

"We haven't even played a game in our league with our new members," he said. "There are a lot of issues with a ninth team. OK, it will make scheduling easier. But are they going to bring us any value? No. So, you want to make scheduling easier and we'll give our money away? It's illogical.

"I think our people would look very favorably upon a ninth team if it was the kind of school we wanted to be affiliated with and they brought some value. You don't just bring people in to solve a scheduling issue. That doesn't make sense. With the teams that are available, I don't think there's anybody out there who's going to bring us extra television value or bowl value."

<a href='http://www.courant.com/sports/college/hc-bigeast0508.artmay08,0,7865710.story?page=1&coll=hc-headlines-sports-college[/url' target='_blank'>Tranghese on Big East Expansion</a>

Like Mikey said, the Big East would only bring in a school that adds value and guess what the Mudhens don't fit the bill.

- RocketWolverine - 05-24-2005 07:25 AM

Maize Wrote:The Big East is NOT going to expand anytime soon and I seriously doubt we would take a Toledo, freaking Toledo ROTFLMAO :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :haha: :haha: :haha: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: .

It is not just some "fanboys" on a internet message board but the commish himself. Read and weep, you are stuck in Mid Major American Conference better know as the MAC. BTW you lose all crediblity when you try to compare MAC Basketball to C-USA basketball. UAB, UTEP and Memphis would run away with the MAC title.

Tranghese acknowledges a nine-team conference would be ideal for scheduling. But adding a ninth team is not on his list of priorities.

"We haven't even played a game in our league with our new members," he said. "There are a lot of issues with a ninth team. OK, it will make scheduling easier. But are they going to bring us any value? No. So, you want to make scheduling easier and we'll give our money away? It's illogical.

"I think our people would look very favorably upon a ninth team if it was the kind of school we wanted to be affiliated with and they brought some value. You don't just bring people in to solve a scheduling issue. That doesn't make sense. With the teams that are available, I don't think there's anybody out there who's going to bring us extra television value or bowl value."

<a href='http://www.courant.com/sports/college/hc-bigeast0508.artmay08,0,7865710.story?page=1&coll=hc-headlines-sports-college[/url' target='_blank'>Tranghese on Big East Expansion</a>

Like Mikey said, the Big East would only bring in a school that adds value and guess what the Mudhens just doesn't fit the bill.
Toledo is a top-25 calibre team year in and year out. They would be interested.

You're just ignorant.

And yes, I compared CUSA to MAC in basketball. They are comparable conferences. Last year? No. This year? Definitely.

- Maize - 05-24-2005 07:29 AM

RocketWolverine Wrote:
Maize Wrote:The Big East is NOT going to expand anytime soon and I seriously doubt we would take a Toledo, freaking Toledo ROTFLMAO  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :haha:  :haha:  :haha:  :roflol:  :roflol:  :roflol: .

It is not just some "fanboys" on a internet message board but the commish himself.  Read and weep, you are stuck in Mid Major American Conference better know as the MAC.  BTW you lose all crediblity when you try to compare MAC Basketball to C-USA basketball.  UAB, UTEP and Memphis would run away with the MAC title.

Like Mikey said, the Big East would only bring in a school that adds value and guess what the Mudhens just doesn't fit the bill.

You're just ignorant.

And yes, I compared CUSA to MAC in basketball. They are comparable conferences. Last year? No. This year? Definitely.
In you own mind, the Mudhens last I check haven't finish in any Top 25 at the end of the year for a while.

Year in and Year out Top 25 schools are Michigan, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Texas, USC, Florida, Georgia, Auburn, LSU and FSU. Toledo doesn't fit that bill. At best you are Top 40 year in and year out like Louisville is Top 30 year in and year out.

Again the Commish has already spoken on this issue and the Mudhens don't add any TV value, they will not improve our bowl situation. The only school that is out there that would jump at the chance for Big East inclusionthat meets Tranghese criteria is Memphis and the reason is with Memphis comes the Liberty Bowl and their 1.2 Million Dollar Payout.

- Maize - 05-24-2005 07:39 AM

RocketWolverine Wrote:
Maize Wrote:The Big East is NOT going to expand anytime soon and I seriously doubt we would take a Toledo, freaking Toledo ROTFLMAO&nbsp; :laugh:&nbsp; :laugh:&nbsp; :laugh:&nbsp; :haha:&nbsp; :haha:&nbsp; :haha:&nbsp; :roflol:&nbsp; :roflol:&nbsp; :roflol: .

It is not just some "fanboys" on a internet message board but the commish himself.&nbsp; Read and weep, you are stuck in Mid Major American Conference better know as the MAC.&nbsp; BTW you lose all crediblity when you try to compare MAC Basketball to C-USA basketball.&nbsp; UAB, UTEP and Memphis would run away with the MAC title.

You're just ignorant.

The only rankings that count are the end of season BCS rankings. The starting point for the new agreement is the 2004 season.

The Mudhens Final Regular Season Dec. 4, 2004 BCS Ranking was 51st

Memphis Final Regular Season Dec. 4, 2004 BCS Ranking was 36th.

Advantage Tigers plus like I said above, the Liberty Bowl goes with Memphis. The Mudhens don't have that kind of leverage.

But when it is all said and done neither will be in the Big East anytime soon.

- RocketWolverine - 05-24-2005 07:52 AM

Maize Wrote:Again the Commish has already spoken on this issue and the Mudhens don't add any TV value, they will not improve our bowl situation.
TV? You mean like how the Rockets were on ESPN SIX TIMES last year? How many BEast teams were on ESPN six times last year?

IIRC, Toledo has at least four games on ESPN this year as of right now. That's a lot of TV.

And yes, having a top 25 team in your conference would help your bowl situation.

You know nothing about Toledo and your ignorance makes you look more and more ridiculous every time you open your mouth.

- Maize - 05-24-2005 07:59 AM

RocketWolverine Wrote:
Maize Wrote:Again the Commish has already spoken on this issue and the Mudhens don't add any TV value, they will not improve our bowl situation.
TV? You mean like how the Rockets were on ESPN SIX TIMES last year? How many BEast teams were on ESPN six times last year?

IIRC, Toledo has at least four games on ESPN this year as of right now. That's a lot of TV.

And yes, having a top 25 team in your conference would help your bowl situation.

You know nothing about Toledo and your ignorance makes you look more and more ridiculous every time you open your mouth.
6 times, big deal. Louisville was on ESPN 7 times. WVU, Rutgers, Syracuse and Pitt were on NBC, ABC and ESPN numerous times as well last season.

Sorry to bust you little bubble but Toledo finished the past 5 years in the BCS Rankings with this:

51st, 54th, 45th, 41st and their highest ranking of 30th. I see NO BCS Top 25 finishes anywhere on your resume' and that is the only ranking system that counts.

- rocketfootball - 05-24-2005 08:11 AM

RocketWolverine Wrote:

Toledo was on national television seven times last year.

- TexanMark - 05-24-2005 08:12 AM

RocketWolverine Wrote:

TV lets break it down: 4 scheduled regular season games, three of them on ESPN2 on Tuesday Night, one on ESPN2 on Saturday against Minnesota. The other two were postseason games

Yes, Toledo is the king of Tuesday Night.

If Toledo were in a real conference you would be 4-7 to 6-5 every year.

- rocketfootball - 05-24-2005 08:17 AM

fsquid Wrote:
RocketWolverine Wrote:
fsquid Wrote:

I agree that C-USA has been much better than the MAC at basketball, but no one will know how things will align this year. Don't forget that the MAC loses is worst basketball program and C-USA gains it, in Marshall. That will effect Sagarin ratings.

As for your comment about MAC teams in the NCAA, I understand your point but we both know that anyone that follows the NCAA tournament at all would not make that statement and be telling the truth.

Kent State went to the Elite 8 just a couple of years ago. A year or two before that they went to the Sweet 16. This year's Ohio lost to Florida was the first 1st round loss for the MAC in several years. Back in the 90's both Ball State and Eastern Michigan made Sweet 16 runs. Ball State lost by 1 point to eventual champion UNLV in their Sweet 16 run.

While the MAC isn't the greatest basketball conference, they have done better than many conferences over the years and anyone that really pays attention to the NCAA tournament would be able to point out Kent State at least.

- rocketfootball - 05-24-2005 08:36 AM

TexanMark Wrote:
RocketWolverine Wrote:

TV lets break it down: 4 scheduled regular season games, three of them on ESPN2 on Tuesday Night, one on ESPN2 on Saturday against Minnesota. The other two were postseason games

Yes, Toledo is the king of Tuesday Night.

If Toledo were in a real conference you would be 4-7 to 6-5 every year.
As I tried to tell RocketWolverine, Toledo has 7 ESPN/ESPN2 games. Here is our complete schedule and TV games:

at Minnesota (Saturday - ESPN2)
at Kansas (no TV)
at Eastern Michigan (Saturday - Comcast Michigan and BCSN in Toledo)
vs Temple (Saturday - BCSN in Toledo)
vs Ball State (Saturday - BCSN in Toledo and Comcast Indiana)
at Western Michigan (Saturday - BCSN in Toledo and Comcast Michigan)
vs Ohio University (Saturday - ESPN)
vs Central Michigan (Saturday - Comcast Michigan and BCSN in Toledo)
at Miami University (Tuesday - ESPN2)
at Northern Illinois (Tuesday - ESPN2)
vs Bowling Green (Tuesday - ESPN2)
MAC Championship Game (Thursday - ESPN)
Motor City Bowl (Monday - ESPN)

TV so far for 2005:

at Fresno State (Tuesday - ESPN2)
at Ohio University (Friday - ESPN2)
vs Northern Illinois (Wednesday - ESPN2)
at Bowling Green (Tuesday - ESPN2)
Probably MAC Championship and bowl game as well. Home games against Western Michigan and Eastern Michigan and road game against Central Michigan should be on Comcast Michigan and BCSN in Toledo. Road game against Ball State should be on Comcast Indiana and BCSN in Toledo. Home against Western Illinois and Buffalo should be on BCSN in Toledo. Road against Temple may be only game not on TV.

As for the 4-7 or 6-5 every year comment. I do not disagree that Toledo would probably start out that way, because it is very likely. However, within a couple of years there is no doubt that Toledo would be one of the top teams in the conference. Toledo is a good sized market and the northern part of Ohio could use a school in a major football conference. If that happened, the fan base has plenty of room to grow.....the potential is huge. Our budgets would increase and we would start getting better recruits and better depth if we could pitch the fact that we are playing teams like Syracuse, Louisville, Pittsburgh, West Virginia, UCONN, etc.....instead of playing teams like Eastern Michigan, Ball State, and Kent State all the time.

All it would take is a committment on the part of our school's president and athletic department. There is a lot of potential in Toledo because of the market and the fact that there is Ohio State and Michigan on either side, but nothing in between. If Toledo was in a BCS conference there is a huge market to capture. It's not like the people of Toledo don't support athletic teams. The Toledo Mud Hens baseball team is one of the best minor league franchises in terms of attendance. The Toledo Storm hockey team is on the of the best ECHL franchises in terms of attendance. If the Toledo Rockets were in a higher profile conference, attendance would be much improved. And there is already no doubt in my mind that the team on the field would be improved because of getting better recruits and more depth on the team.