CSNbbs
Old Big East Football must face reality! - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+----- Forum: AACbbs Smack Talk (/forum-423.html)
+----- Thread: Old Big East Football must face reality! (/thread-52782.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: - Crimsonelf - 01-23-2008 12:39 AM

RIFRAF Wrote:
Loboblast Wrote:
Wilkie01 Wrote:Notre Dame and PSU are not going to join the Big East for football! Temple, Army, Navy, UMass, Villanova, etc, are not the answer. Future football membership will come from this group of schools:

Toledo
Miami-Ohio
Marshall
ECU
Memphis
Southern Miss
UAB
Central Florida

Wilkie 04-cheers
I agree with that Wilkus!

The best thing to happen to MWC is Big East having no choice but to add UofL, Cincy and USF.

The second best thing for MWC is for the NBE to expand again adding programs from the pool of schools you listed! 03-wink

What do any of you think of the fact that ECU does not have any games scheduled with Big East schools, including long time opponent WVU, after 2009. Some at ECU have said this could be a sign that ECU's chances of joining the BE is not good. However, others have said it is the exact opposite, i.e., current BE schools would not want to sign with ECU as a non-conference only to find out later they have to come up with another non-conference matchup ("at the last minute") if ECU joins. Of course, another possibility is it means nothing, which is probably the case.

Interesting, RIF. Don't know what it means. At this point it could mean anything, or nothing, as you suggested. Only time will tell if it's suggestive or not.

RE: Old Big East Football must face reality! - LaRue777 - 01-28-2008 12:21 PM

Any team that puts together 2 or 3 good years could have a chance. Even if it is football only with no split the BE will want probably want 9 by 2011/12. Scheduling is certainly an issue. East Carolina and Memphis need to pick up the pace. I would have no problem with either of them. I don't know what UCF is thinking. Do they even want in the BE? The others are probably long shots but if they turn things around quickly you never know.

RE: Old Big East Football must face reality! - Wilkie01 - 01-28-2008 05:50 PM

We should start hearing some rumblings by Jan. 3009.