CSNbbs
Quick success equated to a quick downfall - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: Archives (/forum-462.html)
+----- Forum: WMU Archives (/forum-939.html)
+----- Thread: Quick success equated to a quick downfall (/thread-515226.html)

Quick success equated to a quick downfall - Chipdip - 09-17-2011 05:18 PM

CMU had some nice success during the Fevour era, but the success of two coaching staffs, also brought about the decline.

Neither Jones or Kelly left a lot behind in terms of recruiting, and Enos is way too attracted to MI talent. Both Kelly and Jones left during peak recruiting periods, and didn't leave a lot of time for the next guy to load up. A number of guys that CMU had counted on left the program or simply didn't live up to the MichiganPreps billing.

Might be several years before the Chips are in the same league as Toledo, NIU and Western. Even the young talent they have isn't all that good, and unless they bring in a JC quarterback next year they could be years away from having a quality QB.

RE: Quick success equated to a quick downfall - MileHighBronco - 09-17-2011 05:32 PM

This being a QB league, I look around and don't see many in the same league as Carder/Harnish/Dysert. I don't think that CMU's QB is bad, just that all the talent is gone that used to surround them and - this is key - they are transitioning to a different system than the talent was recruited for. Trying to force a square peg into a round hole.

Think of the same situation as scUM, except that CMU doesn't have a QB with wheels like shoelaces.

That said, I think that we appear to have more talent and depth than they do at many positions.

RE: Quick success equated to a quick downfall - Chipdip - 09-17-2011 06:30 PM

Quote:This being a QB league, I look around and don't see many in the same league as Carder/Harnish/Dysert. I don't think that CMU's QB is bad

I don't think he's "bad" either, but his back ups are. Radcliff is a senior next year and there's nothing coming up behind him. Say what you want about Cubit, the guy has an eye for QB's and knows how to develop them. WMU is knee deep in talent at QB, and it is being developed the way it needs to be---slowly and with stiff competition.

RE: Quick success equated to a quick downfall - broncofan1 - 09-17-2011 06:47 PM

I think he's terrible. He isn't accurate at all. Most of his success last year came with quick 5-yard outs that Wilson worked into 10 or more. He has the accuracy of Denard without any of the wheels. CMU is in for a long season...or two.

I love it.

RE: Quick success equated to a quick downfall - Whinny1 - 09-18-2011 04:45 PM

Hardish is done after this year, isn't he? What about Dysert?