CSNbbs
OT: NIU mens BBALL vs. UCONN women BBALL - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: Archives (/forum-462.html)
+----- Forum: Northern Illinois Archives (/forum-792.html)
+----- Thread: OT: NIU mens BBALL vs. UCONN women BBALL (/thread-513600.html)

OT: NIU mens BBALL vs. UCONN women BBALL - yesman815 - 09-10-2011 11:50 PM

This came up at the bar tonight during the NIU game. I found it funny on some of the answers.

What do you think? who wins?

----

sorry i just wanted to get my mind off the horrible display of defense and kickoff team tonight

RE: OT: NIU mens BBALL vs. UCONN women BBALL - niuliger09 - 09-10-2011 11:51 PM

NIU men would destroy them.

RE: OT: NIU mens BBALL vs. UCONN women BBALL - The Frisky Biscuit - 09-11-2011 12:29 AM

Yeah, it's not a real question at all.

RE: OT: NIU mens BBALL vs. UCONN women BBALL - cagy cager - 09-11-2011 09:17 AM

Most good DIII teams would beat them with little problem. Many Juco teams would obliterate them. Speed, quickness, strength and size differentials are too big to overcome. Many decent h.s. teams would beat them. Only in coaching, and maybe freethrows would UCONN have the advantage over DIII, Juco and h.s......but most D1 teams would manhandle them certainly, including, this year's and last year's NIU Huskies.......

RE: OT: NIU mens BBALL vs. UCONN women BBALL - niusfactuary - 09-11-2011 12:20 PM

Yeah this is a dumb question...

RE: OT: NIU mens BBALL vs. UCONN women BBALL - yesman815 - 09-11-2011 01:22 PM

u can say the same thing about NIU basketball...

top d3 teams, juco teams, and h.s. teams can beat them.

Its sorry to say that Chicago has an amazing h.s. basketball players and none of the players come out to NIU!!!

RE: OT: NIU mens BBALL vs. UCONN women BBALL - cagy cager - 09-11-2011 03:22 PM

you must not have seen many D1, DIII, juco or h.s. teams.....as far as "none" of the h.s. players coming to Dekalb, you also must have never seen or heard of Henley (RIP) or Nader--both among the best in chicagoland and both came to NIU under Monty....just the beginning of a long line of good chicago players and don't overlook the gray twins

RE: OT: NIU mens BBALL vs. UCONN women BBALL - Dog Fan - 09-11-2011 04:35 PM

(09-10-2011 11:50 PM)yesman815 Wrote:  This came up at the bar tonight during the NIU game. I found it funny on some of the answers.

----

sorry i just wanted to get my mind off the horrible display of defense and kickoff team tonight

Sounds like you were drinking too much...or maybe not enough.

RE: OT: NIU mens BBALL vs. UCONN women BBALL - yesman815 - 01-28-2012 08:49 PM

now that the season is on the way... what are your thoughts now on this thread?

RE: OT: NIU mens BBALL vs. UCONN women BBALL - needhoops - 01-28-2012 08:54 PM

(09-10-2011 11:50 PM)yesman815 Wrote:  This came up at the bar tonight during the NIU game. I found it funny on some of the answers.

----

Sounds like fun at a bar. Was the bar Fattys? Other qustions that could be asked at a bar Who takes better care of thier hair, Bolin or Berg?

RE: OT: NIU mens BBALL vs. UCONN women BBALL - NIU75 - 01-28-2012 09:12 PM

NIU womens team can shoot 3s better than the mens. Check the stats.

RE: OT: NIU mens BBALL vs. UCONN women BBALL - cagy cager - 01-28-2012 11:30 PM

NONE of those threes would get out of their hands without being blocked....Against UCONN or any other women's team (WNBA all stars, etc), both Gray twins would have a half dozen nasty dunks...Nader would get 40, quay ford would explode through the D every freakin time.....the guys would get 99% of all rebounds assuming the gals even ever got a single shot off or ever got the ball across half court....this is such a silly discussion..

RE: OT: NIU mens BBALL vs. UCONN women BBALL - needhoops - 01-28-2012 11:57 PM

(01-28-2012 11:30 PM)cagy cager Wrote:  NONE of those threes would get out of their hands without being blocked....Against UCONN or any other women's team (WNBA all stars, etc), both Gray twins would have a half dozen nasty dunks...Nader would get 40, quay ford would explode through the D every freakin time.....the guys would get 99% of all rebounds assuming the gals even ever got a single shot off or ever got the ball across half court....this is such a silly discussion..

Speaking of nasty dunks did gray get foul today on his dunk attempt. Sure looked like it to me.

RE: OT: NIU mens BBALL vs. UCONN women BBALL - armour248 - 01-30-2012 10:16 AM

I have a friend who was on a practice squad that played against the Arizona women's team. He played in high school and had some patriot league type offers. I'm guessing the team was made up of similar players. He said they routinely got yelled at for trying too hard and I'm fairly confident he told me they didn't lose one time in a few years worth of games. The athleticism between men and women isn't even comparable.