CSNbbs
Week one - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Week one (/thread-509188.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Week one - ntmeangreen11 - 08-20-2011 08:05 PM

Anyone care to predict the scores for week one? Every game besides UNT @ FIU is a "bodybag" game. This is the first time I've looked at the week one schedule, looks pretty brutal with FIU being the only one who looks to be an obvious winner.

September 1
Kentucky-48 at Western Kentucky-17
North Texas-21 at FIU-35

September 3
Troy-24 at Clemson-35
Middle Tennessee-10 at Purdue-34
Louisiana-Monroe-13 at Florida State -45
Arkansas State-24 at Illinois-38
Louisiana-Lafayette-6 at Oklahoma State-41
Florida Atlanti-3 at Florida-52

RE: Week one - MT FAN - 08-20-2011 08:38 PM

I think the best chance we have for an upset would be either Troy over Clemson, Arkansas State over Illinois, or MT over Purdue.

RE: Week one - MaXx - 08-21-2011 09:23 AM

ASU seems to have the best chance in week 1.

RE: Week one - CajunT - 08-21-2011 09:33 AM

(08-21-2011 09:23 AM)MaXx Wrote:  ASU seems to have the best chance in week 1.

Based upon what? When you review what Illinois is returning and the pre-season news coming out of camp, I don't see this game being anything close to an upset. Could ASU cover the point spread? Sure! All three of these game will be losses for the SBC.

FIU and ULM will be the only SBC programs with wins in Week #1.

RE: Week one - BlueRaiderFan. - 08-21-2011 10:04 AM

I think the Cajuns will do better than predicted. I think Troy may win their game but they've always let me down in the past in games like this. WKU will do better than people think. MT should too. If our game isn't close we will not have a good year. This is a team that, in my opinion, we should beat.

RE: Week one - CajunT - 08-21-2011 10:19 AM

(08-21-2011 10:04 AM)BlueRaiderFan. Wrote:  I think the Cajuns will do better than predicted. I think Troy may win their game but they've always let me down in the past in games like this. WKU will do better than people think. MT should too. If our game isn't close we will not have a good year. This is a team that, in my opinion, we should beat.

While I expect the Cajuns to be better, OSU will also be better then last season and have one of the top offenses in the country. The score could be worse then last season.

RE: Week one - BlueRaiderFan. - 08-21-2011 11:23 AM

Maybe...I think experience against a team goes a long way though. WKU should be able to keep it close. I think they've matured quite a bit. I think they lose by 14...not close per say but relatively speaking. I think Troy has what it takes to win it's game if they can get over the OOC/Away monkey. As far as MT, I suppose we could get killed. Purdue is a good team...but if we do get killed, I don't know that I will be able to watch the next game or two. I will be too sick to my stomach. We should at least hang with Purdue but I don't want to keep it close. We can win this one.

RE: Week one - Trulyb - 08-21-2011 01:33 PM

(08-21-2011 09:33 AM)CajunT Wrote:  

Based upon what? When you review what Illinois is returning and the pre-season news coming out of camp, I don't see this game being anything close to an upset. Could ASU cover the point spread? Sure! All three of these game will be losses for the SBC.

After watching our scrimmage last night, our offense can hang. On the defensive side we are ok, but will need some help from FSU offense I am encouraged from what I saw from the warhawk offense

RE: Week one - westcoastwolf - 08-21-2011 01:40 PM

So ULM has a better chance of beating a team that is ranked 5th or 6th in the current polls than ASU has a chance of beating Illinois? Makes sense.

Here's a good breakdown:

http://www.arkst.com/board/index.php?topic=50198.0

I don't have a feeling of optimism or pessimism in this game right now. I just hope it is like our last two Big 10 games and we have a chance to win it by the end of the game.

RE: Week one - Trulyb - 08-21-2011 01:42 PM

I think asu takes this game

RE: Week one - CajunT - 08-21-2011 03:03 PM

(08-21-2011 01:40 PM)westcoastwolf Wrote:  

So ULM has a better chance of beating a team that is ranked 5th or 6th in the current polls than ASU has a chance of beating Illinois? Makes sense.

Here's a good breakdown:

http://www.arkst.com/board/index.php?topic=50198.0

I don't have a feeling of optimism or pessimism in this game right now. I just hope it is like our last two Big 10 games and we have a chance to win it by the end of the game.

Sorry, I mentioned them playing Grambling. No, I don't see them coming close either. Don't need POCO's breakdown. I've known Coach West on their staff since he coached at UL. Illinois is not the push over most believe they are or have been. If ASU stays within 21 pts., I would call that a good game.

RE: Week one - MT FAN - 08-21-2011 04:13 PM

Really? You know that for a fact? Have you seen the future? Illinois, Purdue, and Clemson are not top ten teams we have a decent shot a winning these games.

RE: Week one - troy4ever21 - 08-21-2011 04:22 PM

I think Troy, MT, and ASU have a shot at winning. I can't wait until the season starts. GO TROY and GO SBC!!! 04-cheers

RE: Week one - Side Show Joe - 08-21-2011 05:51 PM

(08-20-2011 08:05 PM)ntmeangreen11 Wrote:  Anyone care to predict the scores for week one? Every game besides UNT @ FIU is a "bodybag" game. This is the first time I've looked at the week one schedule, looks pretty brutal with FIU being the only one who looks to be an obvious winner.

September 1
North Texas-21 at FIU-35

September 3
Troy-24 at Clemson-35

The only win the Sun Belt will see in week one, will come from the North Texas vs. FIU game. I hope it will be a North Texas win, but I haven't seen any practices, and can't tell what kind of team we will be taking to Miami.

I just hope it is a better game then many predict it will be.

RE: Week one - Hilltopper2K - 08-21-2011 06:12 PM

UK WKU is hard to call (the score not so much the outcome unfortunately).

We scored 28 on them last year, our offense should be better and I think they lose some key players on defense.

On the other hand there has been nothing in the last couple of years that would suggest we can slow down thier offense.

Could be a high scoring affair. I'll say 56 to 38

Also to point out is that ticket sales from both UK and WKU have been very slow. UK is probably not used to a crowd of 20-30k... might they play flat in a half empty stadium?

RE: Week one - trojanbrutha - 08-21-2011 07:14 PM

(08-21-2011 05:51 PM)Side Show Joe Wrote:  
(08-20-2011 08:05 PM)ntmeangreen11 Wrote:  Anyone care to predict the scores for week one? Every game besides UNT @ FIU is a "bodybag" game. This is the first time I've looked at the week one schedule, looks pretty brutal with FIU being the only one who looks to be an obvious winner.

September 1
North Texas-21 at FIU-35

September 3
Troy-24 at Clemson-35

The only win the Sun Belt will see in week one, will come from the North Texas vs. FIU game. I hope it will be a North Texas win, but I haven't seen any practices, and can't tell what kind of team we will be taking to Miami.

Ok...you haven't watched your own team this fall, so I know you hadn't watched anyone else's...From watching Clemson vids and reading articles, TROY will have a puncher's chance in this game. It won't be a deal like playing Florida or Nebraska...it's Clemson.

Now, I'm a big Dunbar fan, but playing inspired in a new stadium might not be enough to get past FIU...but, stranger things have happened...04-cheers

RE: Week one - ntmeangreen11 - 08-21-2011 09:26 PM

(08-21-2011 07:14 PM)trojanbrutha Wrote:  
(08-21-2011 05:51 PM)Side Show Joe Wrote:  

September 1
North Texas-21 at FIU-35

September 3
Troy-24 at Clemson-35

Ok...you haven't watched your own team this fall, so I know you hadn't watched anyone else's...From watching Clemson vids and reading articles, TROY will have a puncher's chance in this game. It won't be a deal like playing Florida or Nebraska...it's Clemson.

Now, I'm a big Dunbar fan, but playing inspired in a new stadium might not be enough to get past FIU...but, stranger things have happened...04-cheers

Last year I predicted 5 teams to go over .500, this year realism is my theme. I haven't watched any team, u got me there, but I have read my fair share of previews(half of which are garbage) I have ya'll losing by 11, a turnover or two could swing that. If anyone has a chance against a bcs team it's Troy.

RE: Week one - BlueRaiderFan. - 08-21-2011 10:46 PM

(08-21-2011 05:51 PM)Side Show Joe Wrote:  The only win the Sun Belt will see in week one, will come from the North Texas vs. FIU game. I hope it will be a North Texas win, but I haven't seen any practices, and can't tell what kind of team we will be taking to Miami.

I disagree...for one thing Illinois is always suspect. Purdue isn't a done deal and neither is Ga. Tech (though it is the least likely of the three imo).

RE: Week one - CajunT - 08-21-2011 10:54 PM

(08-21-2011 04:13 PM)MT FAN Wrote:  

Really? You know that for a fact? Have you seen the future? Illinois, Purdue, and Clemson are not top ten teams we have a decent shot a winning these games.

Come on, really! You're insulted because I don't think MT is going to beat Purdue? No, none of them are top ten teams and that's why you play the game. But Illinois and Clemson are very physical on the lines; yes more physical then SBC teams and games are won on the lines.

Purdue is a more finesse team on offense, but they spread you out and can run up the score. MT defense isn't stopping them. Now that's my opinion, you are welcome to yours. After the first week's game and we can discuss it. Thanks!

RE: Week one - MT FAN - 08-22-2011 07:44 AM

(08-21-2011 10:54 PM)CajunT Wrote:  
(08-21-2011 04:13 PM)MT FAN Wrote:  

Come on, really! You're insulted because I don't think MT is going to beat Purdue? No, none of them are top ten teams and that's why you play the game. But Illinois and Clemson are very physical on the lines; yes more physical then SBC teams and games are won on the lines.

Purdue is a more finesse team on offense, but they spread you out and can run up the score. MT defense isn't stopping them. Now that's my opinion, you are welcome to yours. After the first week's game and we can discuss it. Thanks!

Believe you me I am not insulted that some random ULL fan on the internet picked MT to lose. I'm not sure why you think that. Anyway, you really go out on a limb with your "expert" picks . "ALL Sun Belt teams LOSE the first week!" Good luck against Oklahoma State!