CSNbbs
Alright Pearl haters, now's your chance to crush Tressel! - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SoConbbs (/forum-266.html)
+---- Forum: SoCon Team Talk (/forum-944.html)
+----- Forum: ETSU (/forum-335.html)
+----- Thread: Alright Pearl haters, now's your chance to crush Tressel! (/thread-486152.html)

Pages: 1 2

Alright Pearl haters, now's your chance to crush Tressel! - Buccaneerlover - 03-07-2011 09:27 PM

I want to hear how Jim Tressel should be fired. If it's more than just hatred for Tennessee, then we'll see you guys bashing him for covering for his star players breaking a very clear NCAA rule, more than secondary violations.

RE: Alright Pearl haters, now's your chance to crush Tressel! - BucNut22 - 03-07-2011 10:17 PM

I`m a Michigan fan so of course I want Tressel fired.

RE: Alright Pearl haters, now's your chance to crush Tressel! - Mister Jennings - 03-07-2011 10:51 PM

I want all cheaters fired...period.

RE: Alright Pearl haters, now's your chance to crush Tressel! - etsubuc - 03-08-2011 05:34 AM

I dont think either should be fired

RE: Alright Pearl haters, now's your chance to crush Tressel! - bucfan1968 - 03-08-2011 01:52 PM

(03-07-2011 10:17 PM)BucNut22 Wrote:  I`m a Michigan fan so of course I want Tressel fired.

As a Michigan fan..you should hope he stays..and that the NCAA does their job on his program.. If all the charges are true, the NCAA should lower the boom on them and bring them down!!!!!!!!!!!

RE: Alright Pearl haters, now's your chance to crush Tressel! - BucNut22 - 03-08-2011 03:48 PM

(03-08-2011 01:52 PM)bucfan1968 Wrote:  
(03-07-2011 10:17 PM)BucNut22 Wrote:  I`m a Michigan fan so of course I want Tressel fired.

As a Michigan fan..you should hope he stays..and that the NCAA does their job on his program.. If all the charges are true, the NCAA should lower the boom on them and bring them down!!!!!!!!!!!
The NCAA looked the other way when it came to the initial violations, allowed the Bowl committee to influence the players suspensions, and to my knowledge didn't charge OSU with anything.

I don't think the NCAA will be lowering anything on OSU.

RE: Alright Pearl haters, now's your chance to crush Tressel! - BucNut22 - 03-08-2011 07:53 PM

After hearing the facts of the case Tressel should definitely be fired. I`m starting to see 68's point though, Tressel could be an empty suit if he stays. Certainly will help Michigan on the recruiting trail.

RE: Alright Pearl haters, now's your chance to crush Tressel! - Buccaneerlover - 03-08-2011 08:55 PM

What he did is ten times worse than what Pearl pulled. You start getting into money and lying about it, the funny thing is if they don't lower the boom on Tressel, then Bruce Pearl and UTK will have an insane lawsuit on their hands.

RE: Alright Pearl haters, now's your chance to crush Tressel! - bucfan1968 - 03-08-2011 09:50 PM

Ohio State has suspended Tressel for 2 games and fined him $250,000
They are now expecting additional sanctions from the NCAA..
The university is admitting to major violations..

2 games and a quarter million should not be enough to make the NCAA go away.. NCAA is already catching it for suspending Ohio State players for this year..while allowing them to play in the bowl game last year..

Now Tressel has admitted that he lied to them and to his school..The NCAA needs to come down big time on him!!!!! They need to make an example of the ones who cheat and lie so others will know what to expect if they do it..

They say he did not cheat in recruiting to get players to come there..and maybe so..but players sold items and put money in their pockets which broke NCAA rules for players ..and now the coach admits that he knew about some of this before the season started .. but kept his mouth shut, because he knew if players were suspended..it would cost him wins..

I agree with Don DeVoe who says if you have to cheat to win..the wins should not count!!!!!!!

RE: Alright Pearl haters, now's your chance to crush Tressel! - BucNut22 - 03-09-2011 12:08 AM

(03-08-2011 09:50 PM)bucfan1968 Wrote:  Ohio State has suspended Tressel for 2 games and fined him $250,000

2 games and a quarter million should not be enough to make the NCAA go away.. NCAA is already catching it for suspending Ohio State players for this year..while allowing them to play in the bowl game last year..

Now Tressel has admitted that he lied to them and to his school..The NCAA needs to come down big time on him!!!!! They need to make an example of the ones who cheat and lie so others will know what to expect if they do it..

They say he did not cheat in recruiting to get players to come there..and maybe so..but players sold items and put money in their pockets which broke NCAA rules for players ..and now the coach admits that he knew about some of this before the season started .. but kept his mouth shut, because he knew if players were suspended..it would cost him wins..

I agree with Don DeVoe who says if you have to cheat to win..the wins should not count!!!!!!!
They did, Terrelle Pryor's relationship with an OSU booster is well known.
Which led to this
[Image: pryor1.jpg]

If the NCAA really starts digging, OSU will make USC's violations look small.

RE: Alright Pearl haters, now's your chance to crush Tressel! - bucfan1968 - 03-09-2011 12:21 PM

(03-09-2011 12:08 AM)BucNut22 Wrote:  
(03-08-2011 09:50 PM)bucfan1968 Wrote:  Ohio State has suspended Tressel for 2 games and fined him $250,000

They did, Terrelle Pryor's relationship with an OSU booster is well known.
Which led to this
[Image: pryor1.jpg]

If the NCAA really starts digging, OSU will make USC's violations look small.

NICE CAR!!!! Reminds me of the time in the late 60's when we had a big basketball player on campus for a visit in Johnson City.. He already had a Corvette from a Chevy dealer in Western Ky.. Where do you think he went to school??? Not ETSU... It was Western Ky!!!!!!!

RE: Alright Pearl haters, now's your chance to crush Tressel! - Buccaneerlover - 03-11-2011 12:15 AM

Tressel got away with it at Youngstown the year they won the I-AA championship. I hope this puts in perspective what Pearl did. It can be argued that Tressel committed a crime by not taking those emails to police, ie obstructing justice, committing fraud, etc... Pearl will get his, as did Calhoun, so will Chip Kelly and Lane Kiffin, but this to me shows a blatant disregard for the NCAA. They may build a small city on OSU's campus to start digging, and I have a feeling they're not gonna want that.

RE: Alright Pearl haters, now's your chance to crush Tressel! - straightfromthehorsesmouth - 03-11-2011 07:41 AM

(03-11-2011 12:15 AM)Buccaneerlover Wrote:  Tressel got away with it at Youngstown the year they won the I-AA championship. I hope this puts in perspective what Pearl did. It can be argued that Tressel committed a crime by not taking those emails to police, ie obstructing justice, committing fraud, etc... Pearl will get his, as did Calhoun, so will Chip Kelly and Lane Kiffin, but this to me shows a blatant disregard for the NCAA. They may build a small city on OSU's campus to start digging, and I have a feeling they're not gonna want that.

I have a theory that when you scratch the surface, there's lots more buried deeper down.

It's everywhere and don't think otherwise... at every level. There's no such thing as a clean program, just a program that's not been busted.

All it takes is one music professor with an affection for a player, a criminal cover up by officials to protect "the program", a booster with too much time on his hands...

RE: Alright Pearl haters, now's your chance to crush Tressel! - Buc Island - 03-12-2011 12:29 PM

MuBar has his issues with X's and O's, but for the most part, I've been happy with the kids he's brought in, on the court and off. Just a few examples are Reed (in pharmacy school), Pigram (improved in the classroom from coming in with grades that forced him to sit his first year here, to being able to graduate), Tubbs (in probably the business school's toughest major), and Mike Smith (getting an MBA). We also haven't seen any of the APR problems that, for example, UTC lost a scholarship for.

Obviously the difference in pressure and incentives to win games at Ohio State or Tennessee vs. at ETSU is like night and day, but MuBar or any coach still makes a decent salary, and could easily be tempted, especially given the archaic nature of some of the NCAA's rules (e.g., Wake Forest having to ask the NCAA first if it was OK for a coach to give a player a kidney that the player needed to stay alive). So the coaches and kids should be commended for keeping their nose clean with the NCAA, even though of course that's just what we expect them to do.

Having said all that, it really is time to just call college sports what they are - minor leagues. And to pay the players accordingly - especially when the NCAA is making tons of money off these kids, and they aren't even allowed to (and have to make such a commitment to their sport/class that they can't) have part-time jobs. But even if you say they shouldn't be paid as a matter of preserving the farce of the "student-athlete," then let's at least treat them like any other college student, who's able to ask anybody in the world for walking-around money, without it jeopardizing their college career or the standing of the school.

RE: Alright Pearl haters, now's your chance to crush Tressel! - bucfan1968 - 04-26-2011 09:42 PM

Well the news today says the NCAA is really coming after Tressell now..

FOR LYING.......seems to really piss them off....

RE: Alright Pearl haters, now's your chance to crush Tressel! - Buccaneerlover - 04-26-2011 11:29 PM

Tressel knew of NCAA violations and didn't report them, those NCAA violations also happened to be tied to someone under a federal drug investigation, which could be obstruction. He's going to fall to the same fate as Pearl did for that. He seemingly emailed everyone except the A.D., Gordon Gee, the compliance office and the police. Or in short, the most important people in the investigation.

RE: Alright Pearl haters, now's your chance to crush Tressel! - BucNut22 - 04-27-2011 06:31 PM

FYI, Michigan fans are LOVING this. Tressel is soon to be gone and OSU given major sanctions, almost as good as a win on the field.

RE: Alright Pearl haters, now's your chance to crush Tressel! - BucNut22 - 05-30-2011 06:57 PM

Oh happy day!

RE: Alright Pearl haters, now's your chance to crush Tressel! - posterformerlyknownasthedoctor - 05-30-2011 11:26 PM

Tressel's apparently been doing this sort of thing for a while

The SI story:

SI story on Tressel

RE: Alright Pearl haters, now's your chance to crush Tressel! - Buccaneerlover - 05-31-2011 09:30 PM

Amazing how fast Tennessee basketball has become completely old news. The stuff with Tressel is Kelvin Sampson bad. He may never coach at that level again.