CSNbbs
Simplified version of WMU possible MAC Tourney seeding - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: Archives (/forum-462.html)
+----- Forum: WMU Archives (/forum-939.html)
+----- Thread: Simplified version of WMU possible MAC Tourney seeding (/thread-485380.html)

Pages: 1 2

Simplified version of WMU possible MAC Tourney seeding - wmubasketballsupporter - 03-04-2011 10:38 AM

WMU's possible seeds for the MAC Tourney:

#2 seed if we Win at CMU or BSU loses to NIU
#3 seed if we lose at CMU and KSU and Ohio win tonight or if we lose at CMU and KSU and Miami win tonight
#5 seed if we lose at CMU and Akron and Miama win tonight.

So if Kent St beats Akron tonight we go directly to Cleveland even if we lose at CMU.

If Akron wins tonight over Kent then we must beat CMU or NIU beats Ball St or we will be playing a game at home Tuesday night.

The Kent St and Akron game is on ESPN2 tonight at 7pm for those interested in watching.

Go Broncos!!!

RE: Simplified version of WMU possible MAC Tourney seeding - Hiller4Hyz09 - 03-04-2011 10:41 AM

So I guess we'll be cheering for KSU tonight? Just doesn't feel right!

RE: Simplified version of WMU possible MAC Tourney seeding - FanofWMU - 03-04-2011 10:45 AM

You going to the CMU game tomorrow wmubasketballsupporter?

RE: Simplified version of WMU possible MAC Tourney seeding - wmubasketballsupporter - 03-04-2011 10:45 AM

(03-04-2011 10:41 AM)Hiller4Hyz09 Wrote:  So I guess we'll be cheering for KSU tonight? Just doesn't feel right!

Would you rather cheer for Akron tonight? Either way it doesn't feel right but a chance to have fresh legs for a possible 3 games in 3 days is something to pull for in my opinion. I don't like our chances if we have to win 4 games in 5 days!

RE: Simplified version of WMU possible MAC Tourney seeding - Hiller4Hyz09 - 03-04-2011 10:47 AM

(03-04-2011 10:45 AM)wmubasketballsupporter Wrote:  
(03-04-2011 10:41 AM)Hiller4Hyz09 Wrote:  So I guess we'll be cheering for KSU tonight? Just doesn't feel right!

Would you rather cheer for Akron tonight? Either way it doesn't feel right but a chance to have fresh legs for a possible 3 games in 3 days is something to pull for in my opinion. I don't like our chances if we have to win 4 games in 5 days!

You're right. I don't know why I'll watch, but I'm sure I will.

RE: Simplified version of WMU possible MAC Tourney seeding - bronconick - 03-04-2011 10:51 AM

See, that can't be possible, because I'm told all the time that the West is a bunch of crap teams and if it wasn't for the division winner, the West would finish 7-12 in the standings.

01-lauramac2

RE: Simplified version of WMU possible MAC Tourney seeding - BroncoFaithful - 03-04-2011 11:54 AM

Thanks for doing the leg work on the possible seedings WBS, I have been hurting my little head trying to figure this out. Go Golden Showers! err I mean Flashes

RE: Simplified version of WMU possible MAC Tourney seeding - JSF - 03-04-2011 01:55 PM

(03-04-2011 10:38 AM)wmubasketballsupporter Wrote:  WMU's possible seeds for the MAC Tourney:

#3 seed if we lose at CMU and KSU and Ohio win tonight
#4 seed if we lose at CMU and KSU and Miami win tonight
#5 or #6 seed if we lose at CMU and Akron wins tonight.

Those non-#2 scenarios also need to include BSU winning.

RE: Simplified version of WMU possible MAC Tourney seeding - wmubasketballsupporter - 03-04-2011 02:28 PM

(03-04-2011 01:55 PM)OZoner Wrote:  
(03-04-2011 10:38 AM)wmubasketballsupporter Wrote:  WMU's possible seeds for the MAC Tourney:

#3 seed if we lose at CMU and KSU and Ohio win tonight
#4 seed if we lose at CMU and KSU and Miami win tonight
#5 or #6 seed if we lose at CMU and Akron wins tonight.

Those non-#2 scenarios also need to include BSU winning.

All my non-#2 scenarios include BSU winning. If BSU loses we automatically get the #2 seed so I did factor in BSU wining for those scenarios. Good question but I did include that factor.

RE: Simplified version of WMU possible MAC Tourney seeding - wmubasketballsupporter - 03-04-2011 03:37 PM

I just can across this information on potential seeds on the WMU Broncos website. Here is the offical word! I wish I would have found this before trying to figure it all out on my own!

Western Michigan Scenarios

Western Michigan secures the #2 seed with:

A win (11-5) (even with a Kent State loss due to head-to-head result with Kent State 0-1)
A win (11-5), a Kent State loss and a Miami win (due to head-to-head records among the three teams - KSU 2-1, WMU 1-1, MIA 1-2)
A loss (10-6) and a Ball State loss (due to conference record - 10-6 vs. 9-7)

Western Michigan secures the #3 seed with:

A loss (10-6), a Ball State win, Ohio win and Miami loss (due to head-to-head records among the four teams - WMU split season series with Ball State and WMU 2-0 against Miami/Ohio)
A loss (10-6), a Ohio win, Akron win, Ball State win and Miami loss (due to head-to-head records among the five teams - WMU split season series with Ball State and head-to-head among WMU 2-1, Ohio 3-2, UA 2-3, MIA 2-3)

Western Michigan secures the #5 seed with:

A loss (10-6), a Miami win, Akron win and Ball State win (MIA #1, BSU #2, KSU #3. H2H with #4 Akron 0-1 - due to head-to-head with Akron)

RE: Simplified version of WMU possible MAC Tourney seeding - CMUprof - 03-04-2011 04:23 PM

(03-04-2011 03:37 PM)wmubasketballsupporter Wrote:  I just can across this information on potential seeds on the WMU Broncos website. Here is the offical word! I wish I would have found this before trying to figure it all out on my own!

Western Michigan Scenarios

Western Michigan secures the #2 seed with:

A win (11-5) (even with a Kent State loss due to head-to-head result with Kent State 0-1)
A win (11-5), a Kent State loss and a Miami win (due to head-to-head records among the three teams - KSU 2-1, WMU 1-1, MIA 1-2)
A loss (10-6) and a Ball State loss (due to conference record - 10-6 vs. 9-7)

Western Michigan secures the #3 seed with:

A loss (10-6), a Ball State win, Ohio win and Miami loss (due to head-to-head records among the four teams - WMU split season series with Ball State and WMU 2-0 against Miami/Ohio)
A loss (10-6), a Ohio win, Akron win, Ball State win and Miami loss (due to head-to-head records among the five teams - WMU split season series with Ball State and head-to-head among WMU 2-1, Ohio 3-2, UA 2-3, MIA 2-3)

Western Michigan secures the #5 seed with:

A loss (10-6), a Miami win, Akron win and Ball State win (MIA #1, BSU #2, KSU #3. H2H with #4 Akron 0-1 - due to head-to-head with Akron)

I'll take either scenario in bold, a loss to CMU but the West gets the #2 and #3 seeds. Of course the excuse will be that the West is week (it is) and BSU is running on fumes (they are). Ball State is fortunate they had such a hot start and it they don't get things going it will be a brief tournament.

Then again, I wouldn't be too upset if the #5 seed scenario plays out!

RE: Simplified version of WMU possible MAC Tourney seeding - Chipdip1 - 03-04-2011 09:06 PM

Quote:I'll take either scenario in bold, a loss to CMU but the West gets the #2 and #3 seeds. Of course the excuse will be that the West is week (it is) and BSU is running on fumes (they are). Ball State is fortunate they had such a hot start and it they don't get things going it will be a brief tournament.

Then again, I wouldn't be too upset if the #5 seed scenario plays out!

The West is week????? I believe you mean weak.

11-5 by the two top teams is not weak. Western split with the West including road wins at Miami and BG. Not weak.

Weak is when you tie for the West with a 7-9 record. That's weak.

Chimps..........building themselves up by trying to marginalize the accomplishments of others :domokun:

RE: Simplified version of WMU possible MAC Tourney seeding - thegeneral - 03-04-2011 09:08 PM

With how things shook out tonight, WMU will either be a 2 seed or a 4 seed. In either case, a bye.

RE: Simplified version of WMU possible MAC Tourney seeding - thegeneral - 03-04-2011 09:13 PM

AND, we'll either play Ohio, Akron, BGSU or Buffalo (or Toledo or NIU) in the second round

RE: Simplified version of WMU possible MAC Tourney seeding - MileHighBronco - 03-04-2011 09:14 PM

(03-04-2011 09:08 PM)thegeneral Wrote:  With how things shook out tonight, WMU will either be a 2 seed or a 4 seed. In either case, a bye.

Watching that game was enjoyable. My Q as I watched - do you WANT to face Kent State in the semi-finals or not?

Greene/Marshall was fun to watch, too.

RE: Simplified version of WMU possible MAC Tourney seeding - FanofWMU - 03-04-2011 09:14 PM

(03-04-2011 09:08 PM)thegeneral Wrote:  With how things shook out tonight, WMU will either be a 2 seed or a 4 seed. In either case, a bye.

Well we are assured of a bye to Cleveland, that is the best part!! Lets get a win tomorrow and secure the 2 seed.

RE: Simplified version of WMU possible MAC Tourney seeding - thegeneral - 03-04-2011 09:22 PM

WMU is the #4 seed if:
lose to CMU, BSU beats NIU -- plays Ohio/Toledo

WMU is the #2 seed if:
lose to CMU, NIU beats BSU, Buffalo beats BGSU -- plays Akron/NIU
lose to CMU, NIU beats BSU, BGSU beats Buffalo -- plays BGSU/NIU
beat CMU, Buffalo beats BGSU -- plays Buffalo/NIU
beat CMU, BGSU beats Buffalo -- plays BGSU/NIU

RE: Simplified version of WMU possible MAC Tourney seeding - thegeneral - 03-04-2011 09:24 PM

So we beat CMU we get BGSU or Buffalo

We lose to CMU we get Ohio or Akron most likely (maybe BGSU)

We need to beat CMU

RE: Simplified version of WMU possible MAC Tourney seeding - MileHighBronco - 03-04-2011 09:25 PM

Based on General's info we certainly don't want the #4 seed which would come with a quick date with Ohio.

Either way our team will focus on the only thing that they can control. They have to find a way to beat CMU. If only to keep the noise from the morons down.

RE: Simplified version of WMU possible MAC Tourney seeding - thegeneral - 03-04-2011 09:46 PM

Hang on, my opponents might be wrong. I forgot about the divisional TB...