CSNbbs
Dabo Swinney would be an excellent hire for UAB. - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: Archives (/forum-383.html)
+------- Forum: BlazerTalk Archives (/forum-791.html)
+------- Thread: Dabo Swinney would be an excellent hire for UAB. (/thread-47361.html)

Pages: 1 2

Dabo Swinney would be an excellent hire for UAB. - HiddenDragon - 12-12-2006 03:47 PM

JMHO. I would put him in a group with Fisher, Nix, and Rick N.

Re: Dabo Swinney would be an excellent hire for UAB. - non registered user - 12-12-2006 03:59 PM

HiddenDragon Wrote:JMHO. I would put him in a group with Fisher, Nix, and Rick N.

oh, holy deity of your choice.
help ...

- BlazerMatt - 12-12-2006 04:06 PM

lol.

- BAMANBLAZERFAN - 12-12-2006 04:13 PM

There are a dozen or more "good" choices for our coaching job. The problem confronting the UAB committee is to determine who we can get who will give us some "WOW!!" factor--the "IMPACT COACH" who will elevate the perception of our program best. We did very well with Gene Bartow and Mike Davis. Now is the time to do it in Football.

- UABslant - 12-12-2006 04:47 PM

I'm a Pelham guy, but Dabo is not a choice I would make for UAB.

Neither is Rick Rhodes, the HC for Delta State... he was my coach at Pelham. Great man, great coach, not right for UAB.

- Adama - 12-12-2006 05:00 PM

Only if we need our gutters cleaned.

- tibber - 12-12-2006 05:03 PM

never heard of him, who is he?

- Smaug - 12-12-2006 05:05 PM

Let's see...

First Jimbo

then Dabo

How 'bout BYU's coach: Bronco Mendenhall?

- tibber - 12-12-2006 05:16 PM

i could definitley get behind the hiring of a man named bronco.

- UAB Band Dad - 12-12-2006 09:16 PM

tibber Wrote:never heard of him, who is he?

Former Bama player, on the Stallings NC team if memory serves. Currently coaching WR's at Clemson. Not a bad guy but not going to make the splash we need to make with this all-important hire.

Re: Dabo Swinney would be an excellent hire for UAB. - IM4UAB - 12-13-2006 12:13 AM

HiddenDragon Wrote:JMHO. I would put him in a group with Fisher, Nix, and Rick N.

Dabo Swiney= zero impact hire IMO.

- crimsonation - 12-13-2006 12:40 AM

A lot of Bama fans really like Dabo and would like to see him back in Tuscaloosa, he's supposedly one of the best recruiters around, but I do not have a clue what kind of head coach he would make, I don't think he's ever been anything more than a position coach.

- draak ijveraar - 12-13-2006 06:24 AM

I could see Dabo as OC/wr/recruiting co but not head coach. Thats assuming Jimbo would be calling plays. The only way we could get Dabo away from Clemson would be a promotion to OC and the fact that he would be back home but even then I dont know if he would want to step down from the ACC to CUSA or if Fisher even knows him.

- BlazerUnit - 12-13-2006 06:21 PM

Smaug Wrote:How 'bout BYU's coach: Bronco Mendenhall?

Doesn't that sound like a name Homer Simpson would make up?

- UAB Band Dad - 12-13-2006 09:34 PM

Well, I hear that Bama's looking at luring Tommy Bowden away from Clemson if they can't pry Nick Saban loose. Dabo might be WR coach at UAT next season.

RE: Dabo Swinney would be an excellent hire for UAB. - GreenMississippi - 01-04-2012 10:51 PM

Not trying to beat a dead horse, but interesting looking at some of the comments with a few years perspective on this now. Would have made for a fascinating what-if situation. I remember listening to his interview on Finescum years ago with this "search" going on... He might have bought onto it.

Fear the Stache!

RE: Dabo Swinney would be an excellent hire for UAB. - demiveeman - 01-04-2012 11:27 PM

(01-04-2012 10:51 PM)GreenMississippi Wrote:  Not trying to beat a dead horse, but interesting looking at some of the comments with a few years perspective on this now. Would have made for a fascinating what-if situation. I remember listening to his interview on Finescum years ago with this "search" going on... He might have bought onto it.

Fear the Stache!

Well...on one hand, UAB could be in a BCS bowl...

On the other...we could be down by 43 points to West Virginia with a quarter and a half to play in the BCS bowl.

03-puke

RE: Dabo Swinney would be an excellent hire for UAB. - Homewood_Blazer - 01-05-2012 12:16 AM

Dabo is an average coach in a loser conference. He won't get Clemson over that hump and will be in CUSA some day...

RE: Dabo Swinney would be an excellent hire for UAB. - Blazer88 - 01-05-2012 12:18 AM

They pay their OC 1.3 million for a reason.

RE: Dabo Swinney would be an excellent hire for UAB. - tibber - 01-05-2012 12:19 AM

This reminds me, anyone else remember suggestions of Gene Chizik? :muttering: