CSNbbs
Alabama State moving up? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+----- Forum: Sun Belt Smack Talk (/forum-309.html)
+----- Thread: Alabama State moving up? (/thread-470914.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Alabama State moving up? - Burn the Horse - 10-10-2011 05:26 PM

(10-10-2011 01:49 PM)BamaState1 Wrote:  Hey, say what u want but ASU are winning there conference games. Troy on the other hand. Not this year. lol! Troy is in the conference with the worst of FBS teams by the way. Just letting u know that in case u didn't. LMAO!!!

I wish we could play Alabama State 4 times a season, it'd help pad our stats. 03-lmfao

you carry no weight around here BamaState1. this is the SUN BELT board, so your insults and slights are laughed at. the SWAC is a joke compared to the Belt. our programs schedule your programs for easy wins.

next time we have a guy who isn't good enough to play for us, we'll send him to you guys. I'm sure yall could use another future SWAC all-star to come in and take over whatever position he had wanted to play for us. 03-nutkick

RE: Alabama State moving up? - troy4ever21 - 10-10-2011 05:28 PM

(10-10-2011 01:49 PM)BamaState1 Wrote:  Hey, say what u want but ASU are winning there conference games. Troy on the other hand. Not this year. lol! Troy is in the conference with the worst of FBS teams by the way. Just letting u know that in case u didn't. LMAO!!!

Not according to this:
http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/28306/week-6-conference-power-rankings

RE: Alabama State moving up? - BamaState1 - 10-10-2011 05:35 PM

(10-10-2011 05:26 PM)Burn the Horse Wrote:  

I wish we could play Alabama State 4 times a season, it'd help pad our stats. 03-lmfao

you carry no weight around here BamaState1. this is the SUN BELT board, so your insults and slights are laughed at. the SWAC is a joke compared to the Belt. our programs schedule your programs for easy wins.

next time we have a guy who isn't good enough to play for us, we'll send him to you guys. I'm sure yall could use another future SWAC all-star to come in and take over whatever position he had wanted to play for us. 03-nutkick

You just made yourself look stupid. You should go and check Jenkins' stats before you call him an "all-star". Jenkins is a joke just like everybody looks at Troy and the Sun Belt. Troy barely beat two teams who have only 1 win combined this year. That's awful. LMAO! UAB hasn't won a game and Troy barely beat them. WOW! Just like Auburn & Alabama send Troy the guys they don't even want.

RE: Alabama State moving up? - troy4ever21 - 10-10-2011 05:40 PM

Look at who you're playing... Who the heck are some of these teams? TROY beat Alcorn State 65-0 in 2008!!!!! 03-lmfao Looks like ASU barely beat them this year, so what's your point?

Jacksonville State has more clout than Alabama State. They at least beat Ole Miss last year. So if anyone in the state, after South Alabama, were to move up it would be JSU not ASU. 05-stirthepot

RE: Alabama State moving up? - BamaState1 - 10-10-2011 05:48 PM

(10-10-2011 05:40 PM)troy4ever21 Wrote:  

Look at who you're playing... Who the heck are some of these teams? TROY beat Alcorn State 65-0 in 2008!!!!! 03-lmfao Looks like ASU barely beat them this year, so what's your point?

Jacksonville State has more clout than Alabama State. They at least beat Ole Miss last year. So if anyone in the state, after South Alabama, were to move up it would be JSU not ASU. 05-stirthepot

So now u have no defense for Troy and u are trying to put JSU in this. LMFAO!! Let's look at who you guys play. Middle Tennessee. U barely beat them by 3 and there only win was against Memphis. UAB hasn't even won a game. haha! You want to go back to other years I can go back too. FIU beat u guys 52 to 35 last year. DAMN! FIU!? There are FCS schools that can beat FIU. You guys get dominated by FIU!? I think u should just give up arguing with me sir. I got a lot more where that came from to. U can try me if u want to.

RE: Alabama State moving up? - troy4ever21 - 10-10-2011 05:58 PM

(10-10-2011 05:48 PM)BamaState1 Wrote:  So now u have no defense for Troy and u are trying to put JSU in this. LMFAO!! Let's look at who you guys play. Middle Tennessee. U barely beat them by 3 and there only win was against Memphis. UAB hasn't even won a game. haha! You want to go back to other years I can go back too. FIU beat u guys 52 to 35 last year. DAMN! FIU!? There are FCS schools that can beat FIU. You guys get dominated by FIU!? I think u should just give up arguing with me sir. I got a lot more where that came from to. U can try me if u want to.

I mentioned JSU because for some reason you think that with a new 30,000 seat stadium ASU would magically move up the FBS. Yeah, well I hate to burst your delusional bubble, but JSU is updating their stadium too. They have way more reason to move up to the FBS than ASU.

Where do you get off comparing MTSU, FIU, and even UAB to teams like Prairie View A&M, Alcorn State, and Arkansas-Pine Bluff. Even UA's B team would kick your football team to the curb. I find it odd that you think a 5 time Sun Belt Conference Champion and 2 time New Orleans Bowl Champion can be even compared to Alabama State... This is our first "off" season in 6 years. Even if we were 0-12 we could still kick Bama's little sister State school any day. As I said before, get over yourself.

RE: Alabama State moving up? - BamaState1 - 10-10-2011 06:48 PM

(10-10-2011 05:58 PM)troy4ever21 Wrote:  
(10-10-2011 05:48 PM)BamaState1 Wrote:  So now u have no defense for Troy and u are trying to put JSU in this. LMFAO!! Let's look at who you guys play. Middle Tennessee. U barely beat them by 3 and there only win was against Memphis. UAB hasn't even won a game. haha! You want to go back to other years I can go back too. FIU beat u guys 52 to 35 last year. DAMN! FIU!? There are FCS schools that can beat FIU. You guys get dominated by FIU!? I think u should just give up arguing with me sir. I got a lot more where that came from to. U can try me if u want to.

I mentioned JSU because for some reason you think that with a new 30,000 seat stadium ASU would magically move up the FBS. Yeah, well I hate to burst your delusional bubble, but JSU is updating their stadium too. They have way more reason to move up to the FBS than ASU.

Where do you get off comparing MTSU, FIU, and even UAB to teams like Prairie View A&M, Alcorn State, and Arkansas-Pine Bluff. Even UA's B team would kick your football team to the curb. I find it odd that you think a 5 time Sun Belt Conference Champion and 2 time New Orleans Bowl Champion can be even compared to Alabama State... This is our first "off" season in 6 years. Even if we were 0-12 we could still kick Bama's little sister State school any day. As I said before, get over yourself.

Somebody is getting mad I see. U mean "upgrading" right instead of "updating" hahaha! MTSU, FIU are the bottom of the FBS. Troy included. Doesn't matter if u have won 10 conference titles in a role people are not going to respect Troy. Troy has been very successful in the Sun Belt and never been ranked in the top 25. That should open your eyes on your program alone. Troy is basically scared to play Alabama or Auburn because they know half of there fans will be rooting for Bama or Auburn rather than Troy. Even Troy students don't even cheer for Troy that much. They walk around the campus in Alabama gear. How can u expect the FBS to take u serious when your own students doesn't. You are making it like Troy is this big time program here in the state of Alabama. The Sun Belt is the worst conference in the FBS. At least Alabama State is nationally ranked in the FCS right now. Has Troy ever been ranked in the FBS? No, and they never will. South Alabama is going to take all there recruits anyway when they move into the Sun Belt. Who would go to that little dump called Troy, Alabama where they only hangout spot is a Wal-Mart and a fairground over a city like Mobile. Only people that goes to Troy or Auburn/Alabama transfers and people that went to high school in Southern Alabama. Troy can't even sell $15 dollar tickets. They have to give them away for people to come and still don't fill up the stadium.

RE: Alabama State moving up? - Burn the Horse - 10-10-2011 07:15 PM

why do you continue to think you are winning this argument? dude, you are losing...badly. have you ever even posted on a sports message board before? because it appears that you have not.

you say Troy is afraid to play Auburn and Alabama? WHAT?! we have tried to play them for years! it is them who will not play us! Auburn AD Jay Jacobs made a public statement declaring so. you really need to do some research before you spout off this crap.

also, and this is coming from someone who makes tons of grammatical errors on here, your posts are riddled with misspellings and typos. I don't fault folks for the occasional error because we all make them, but you are typing like a 13 year old text messages. proof read your posts.

RE: Alabama State moving up? - CHughes1102 - 10-10-2011 08:53 PM

Alrighty another fan talking smack. I bet he has a relevant case though cause I'm sure it's from a decent program.

Let's take a look here.......

[Image: 18610_big.jpg]

[Image: 11418888795.gif]

RE: Alabama State moving up? - ntmeangreen11 - 10-10-2011 09:14 PM

(10-10-2011 05:48 PM)BamaState1 Wrote:  
(10-10-2011 05:40 PM)troy4ever21 Wrote:  

So now u have no defense for Troy and u are trying to put JSU in this. LMFAO!! Let's look at who you guys play. Middle Tennessee. U barely beat them by 3 and there only win was against Memphis. UAB hasn't even won a game. haha! You want to go back to other years I can go back too. FIU beat u guys 52 to 35 last year. DAMN! FIU!? There are FCS schools that can beat FIU. You guys get dominated by FIU!? I think u should just give up arguing with me sir. I got a lot more where that came from to. U can try me if u want to.

Guys, just stop replying, dude is obviously trolling, I understand this is the smack board, but enough is enough dude, you're a ******* idiot, you keep getting dick slapped over and over again, yet still get up to ask for more. What the hell? LMAO03-lmfao

RE: Alabama State moving up? - MTPiKapp - 10-10-2011 11:59 PM

Alabama State would be a good candidate for future consideration...

After we turned down by(in no particular order)

App State
JMU
ODU
Georgia State
Georgia Southern
Kennesaw State
Central Arkansas
McNeese
Nichols
UNC-Charlotte
Texas State
UTSA
Louisiana Tech
New Mexico State
Coastal Carolina
Eastern Kentucky
Furman
Murray State
Lamar
Sam Houston State
Missouri State

RE: Alabama State moving up? - Burn the Horse - 10-11-2011 09:39 AM

He must be a glutton for punishment. 03-lmfao

RE: Alabama State moving up? - panama - 10-11-2011 07:11 PM

(10-10-2011 11:59 PM)MTPiKapp Wrote:  Alabama State would be a good candidate for future consideration...

App State
JMU
ODU
Georgia State
Georgia Southern
Kennesaw State
Central Arkansas
McNeese
Nichols
UNC-Charlotte
Texas State
UTSA
Louisiana Tech
New Mexico State
Coastal Carolina
Eastern Kentucky
Furman
Murray State
Lamar
Sam Houston State
Missouri State

I just threw up a little in my mouth

RE: Alabama State moving up? - MTPiKapp - 10-13-2011 08:23 PM

(10-11-2011 07:11 PM)panama Wrote:  
(10-10-2011 11:59 PM)MTPiKapp Wrote:  Alabama State would be a good candidate for future consideration...

App State
JMU
ODU
Georgia State
Georgia Southern
Kennesaw State
Central Arkansas
McNeese
Nichols
UNC-Charlotte
Texas State
UTSA
Louisiana Tech
New Mexico State
Coastal Carolina
Eastern Kentucky
Furman
Murray State
Lamar
Sam Houston State
Missouri State

Over a list of schools off the top of my head that would be better additions than Alabama State???

RE: Alabama State moving up? - panama - 10-14-2011 11:08 AM

(10-13-2011 08:23 PM)MTPiKapp Wrote:  

App State
JMU
ODU
Georgia State
Georgia Southern
Kennesaw State
Central Arkansas
McNeese
Nichols
UNC-Charlotte
Texas State
UTSA
Louisiana Tech
New Mexico State
Coastal Carolina
Eastern Kentucky
Furman
Murray State
Lamar
Sam Houston State
Missouri State

Over a list of schools off the top of my head that would be better additions than Alabama State???

AND over Alabama State. LOL

They are however entertainingly delusional

RE: Alabama State moving up? - Burn the Horse - 10-14-2011 12:14 PM

if all the Alabama State fans share the opinions of BamaState1 then they are indeed delusional. however, I think most of them are reasonable and recognize that they are in fact simply a solid FCS program. I don't believe the vast majority of them truely believe they are the next big thing in FBS.

RE: Alabama State moving up? - BamaState1 - 10-16-2011 08:47 AM

(10-14-2011 12:14 PM)Burn the Horse Wrote:  if all the Alabama State fans share the opinions of BamaState1 then they are indeed delusional. however, I think most of them are reasonable and recognize that they are in fact simply a solid FCS program. I don't believe the vast majority of them truely believe they are the next big thing in FBS.

No, it's called believing in your school. You believe in your school just like I believe in my school. Your trying to insult someone who is doing the same thing you are doing. Even though Troy is getting destroyed by there conference opponents the last two weeks now. 38-10 this week and 31-17 last week and u talk about Troy like it's some big time football school. Troy lost to a 2-4 team last night by 28 points and you still talk that way about Troy. Now who is really delusional. haha!

RE: Alabama State moving up? - BamaState1 - 10-16-2011 08:49 AM

(10-14-2011 11:08 AM)panama Wrote:  

App State
JMU
ODU
Georgia State
Georgia Southern
Kennesaw State
Central Arkansas
McNeese
Nichols
UNC-Charlotte
Texas State
UTSA
Louisiana Tech
New Mexico State
Coastal Carolina
Eastern Kentucky
Furman
Murray State
Lamar
Sam Houston State
Missouri State

Georgia State has a football team? LMAO!!!

RE: Alabama State moving up? - Burn the Horse - 10-16-2011 10:39 AM

(10-16-2011 08:47 AM)BamaState1 Wrote:  
(10-14-2011 12:14 PM)Burn the Horse Wrote:  if all the Alabama State fans share the opinions of BamaState1 then they are indeed delusional. however, I think most of them are reasonable and recognize that they are in fact simply a solid FCS program. I don't believe the vast majority of them truely believe they are the next big thing in FBS.

No, it's called believing in your school. You believe in your school just like I believe in my school. Your trying to insult someone who is doing the same thing you are doing. Even though Troy is getting destroyed by there conference opponents the last two weeks now. 38-10 this week and 31-17 last week and u talk about Troy like it's some big time football school. Troy lost to a 2-4 team last night by 28 points and you still talk that way about Troy. Now who is really delusional. haha!

no here's the difference. I believe in my school and don't fault others for doing the same. You are delisional because you claim your program can simply make the jump up when it pleases, which is not true. you also say you can simply waltz in to the Sun Belt at will, which is also not the case.

I have already stated I pull for Alabama State, but you guys cannot do some of the things you have been advocating because the rules do not allow it. Now how that correlates in to me saying you don't have team spirit I don't understand. My dissagreement with you began based on your false conclusions, which you fought me on and lost the argument.

I'm all for believing in your program, but that and the belief you can do what you want in face of the rules are two seperate issues.

RE: Alabama State moving up? - MTPiKapp - 10-16-2011 10:55 PM

(10-16-2011 08:49 AM)BamaState1 Wrote:  
(10-14-2011 11:08 AM)panama Wrote:  

App State
JMU
ODU
Georgia State
Georgia Southern
Kennesaw State
Central Arkansas
McNeese
Nichols
UNC-Charlotte
Texas State
UTSA
Louisiana Tech
New Mexico State
Coastal Carolina
Eastern Kentucky
Furman
Murray State
Lamar
Sam Houston State
Missouri State

Georgia State has a football team? LMAO!!!

Yeah, this is their second season and they'd get an invite to the Sun Belt long before Alabama State.