CSNbbs
Updated 3/10/2015--BlazerTalk.com Guide to B'ham - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: Updated 3/10/2015--BlazerTalk.com Guide to B'ham (/thread-45191.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Updated 12/14/07--BlazerTalk.com Guide to B'ham - oldblazer79 - 01-31-2008 12:07 AM

Dwarren Wrote:where did hooters move to? We used to stop on the east side of town heading home from dega but noticed it was shut down last year!

Trussville area

Edwards Lake Rd & US11 (Gadsden Hwy)
@ exit 32 I-459

RE: Updated 12/14/07--BlazerTalk.com Guide to B'ham - Dwarren - 02-18-2008 11:14 PM

We found a nice little dive not to far from campus called Oasais. It was not to bad, we humg there and had a few to many and they headed to watch the best ball game Ive seen in years!!!!

RE: Updated 12/14/07--BlazerTalk.com Guide to B'ham - UABslant - 02-19-2008 04:37 PM

Dwarren Wrote:We found a nice little dive not to far from campus called Oasais. It was not to bad, we humg there and had a few to many and they headed to watch the best ball game Ive seen in years!!!!

This is actually the first feedback we've received from a visiting fan about a place already listed on the guide. It's nice to know we're not steering folks in the wrong direction.

RE: Updated 12/14/07--BlazerTalk.com Guide to B'ham - oldblazer79 - 02-19-2008 06:37 PM

Schard Wrote:This is actually the first feedback we've received from a visiting fan about a place already listed on the guide. It's nice to know we're not steering folks in the wrong direction.

YET

Maybe next year we'll send the memphis trolls somewhere [not so] nice.

RE: Updated 12/14/07--BlazerTalk.com Guide to B'ham - Dwarren - 02-19-2008 11:01 PM

I didnt notice that barber was also in your guide. Their motorcycle musuem was worth the drive! The bartender at oasais made the place cool.

RE: Updated 12/14/07--BlazerTalk.com Guide to B'ham - UABslant - 02-23-2008 09:23 AM

Dwarren Wrote:I didnt notice that barber was also in your guide. Their motorcycle musuem was worth the drive! The bartender at oasais made the place cool.

Now you're just fishing for reputation points 03-wink

RE: Updated 12/14/07--BlazerTalk.com Guide to B'ham - Dwarren - 03-04-2008 10:49 PM

Schard Wrote:
Dwarren Wrote:I didnt notice that barber was also in your guide. Their motorcycle musuem was worth the drive! The bartender at oasais made the place cool.

Now you're just fishing for reputation points 03-wink

LOL nah just stating the facts. I like Birmingham as a town, it is nice to get out of memphis now and then and see something new. Ive came through b/ham for years on the way to talladega but never stopped. We had a great time down there and hope that next years game is on a saturday again so we can grow the group and come back!!!!I hope to see plenty of blazers up this way enjoying beale st in the coming weeks.

RE: Updated 12/14/07--BlazerTalk.com Guide to B'ham - Smaug - 09-05-2008 08:56 AM

Update: Apparently Carlyle's didn't stay closed long. It's up and running, and has been for a while.

Sadly, though, it appears the Burly Earl is no longer with us, at least for lunch.

RE: Updated 9/10/08--BlazerTalk.com Guide to B'ham - UABslant - 09-10-2008 03:50 PM

Just a quick update made re: Smaug's info, added SoHo info, and a couple restaurant changes.

Here's to hoping OT's can open it's doors once again.

RE: Updated 12/14/07--BlazerTalk.com Guide to B'ham - braish - 09-10-2008 03:54 PM

Smaug Wrote:Update: Apparently Carlyle's didn't stay closed long. It's up and running, and has been for a while.

Sadly, though, it appears the Burly Earl is no longer with us, at least for lunch.

So Burly Earl is open for dinner to late night only now? Only on the weekends or throughout the week?

Thanks

RE: Updated 9/10/08--BlazerTalk.com Guide to B'ham - Smaug - 09-11-2008 09:25 AM

I don't know, really.

I just went there for lunch a few weeks ago and there was a sign on the door saying they were no longer open for lunch.

RE: Updated 9/10/08--BlazerTalk.com Guide to B'ham - oldblazer79 - 09-19-2008 12:37 PM

Smaug Wrote:I don't know, really.

I just went there for lunch a few weeks ago and there was a sign on the door saying they were no longer open for lunch.
update.
ate lunch at LaCocina (upstairs) Wedenesday 9/17. Learned the Earle is closed for good, until/unless it is sold and new owner(s) reopens
as Burly Earle.:domokun:

RE: Updated 9/10/08--BlazerTalk.com Guide to B'ham - UABslant - 09-30-2008 12:57 PM

For the Memphis fans, just in time for the "haunted houses"...

Sloss Fright Furnace
http://www.frightfurnace.com

Atrox Factory
http://www.atroxfactory.com

RE: Updated 9/10/08--BlazerTalk.com Guide to B'ham - Smaug - 09-30-2008 03:20 PM

Schard Wrote:For the Memphis fans, just in time for the "haunted houses"...

Sloss Fright Furnace
http://www.slossfrightfurnace.com

Atrox Factory
http://www.atroxfactory.com

This is the good link for the Sloss Furnace: http://www.frightfurnace.com/main.asp

I think this is the year Little Smaug is finally ready.

RE: Updated 9/30/08--BlazerTalk.com Guide to B'ham - youngblazer12 - 10-05-2008 10:36 PM

All those restaurants sound great but youre all forgetting the only one that really matters: Pete's Famous Hot Dogs. If youre downtown you cant leave without eating lunch there. Best hot dogs around

RE: Updated 10/7/08--BlazerTalk.com Guide to B'ham - UABslant - 10-07-2008 03:35 PM

youngblazer12 Wrote:All those restaurants sound great but youre all forgetting the only one that really matters: Pete's Famous Hot Dogs. If youre downtown you cant leave without eating lunch there. Best hot dogs around

Absolutely correct! I don't know how I left it off the list.

RE: Updated 10/7/08--BlazerTalk.com Guide to B'ham - Candyman - 10-07-2008 10:09 PM

Thanks for the tips to make it easier on visitors. I came in Thursday from Memphis for the Tiger/UAB game and stayed for the race on Sunday. I fully support your recommendations on the Fish Market and Milo's, but not Dreamland BBQ. Dreamland had great service and good beans, but the ribs were terrible. No meat falling off the bone there. Needed a good set of teeth to pull the meat off and they had to much fat on them. The sauce was different, but well made for what it was. Need to take them off your list of recommended places to eat.

Believe it or not the best food I had was a place called "Mexican Restaurant" in downtown Talladega. Very good tasting mexican food and drinks.

RE: Updated 10/7/08--BlazerTalk.com Guide to B'ham - UABslant - 10-09-2008 02:33 PM

Locals know that it's always a crapshoot when it comes to the quality of ribs at Dreamland. For me personally, the safe bet for good ribs is Full Moon BBQ.

RE: Updated 10/7/08--BlazerTalk.com Guide to B'ham - Blaze4Pres - 10-31-2008 11:51 AM

I'm wondering if anybody has ever heard of or been to Bogue's Restaurant or Chris Z's? I picked up a Green and Gold Bucks booklet and it included those to places two eat.

RE: Updated 10/7/08--BlazerTalk.com Guide to B'ham - Smaug - 10-31-2008 12:05 PM

Is Bogue's still on Clairmont? Excellent meat and three. I know people who just go for the cornbread muffins and sweet rolls.