CSNbbs
The movie thread - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Sports Bar (/forum-531.html)
+---- Thread: The movie thread (/thread-433700.html)

RE: The movie thread - Bubbs - 10-10-2016 02:37 AM

(05-03-2010 10:37 PM)Tymanh99 Wrote:  good idea zig.

i just watched shutter island for the first time last night, and the movie is a masterpiece. keeps you on the edge of your seat the entire time, great acting (dicaprio's character is excellent), and the ending is genius.

imo one of the best movies in a long time.

what do you all think?

Great movie!

RE: The movie thread - PirateTreasureNC - 10-12-2016 12:37 AM

Logan getting more interesting..
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/10/10/logan-wolverine-3-villain-confirmed

RE: The movie thread - Lush - 10-14-2016 10:29 AM

grizzly man was beautiful. what a special man. it was kind of vague, but did the park service have a real issue with him? it seemed like he was left alone. i don't see how anyone could of had a problem with what he did. he was f*cking with nature a bit, but what the f*ck does that mean? nature was meant to be f*cked with. i don't know how passionately i feel about that statement, but he was testing nature. nature has never been in harmony and thus will ever be in harmony

RE: The movie thread - PirateTreasureNC - 10-18-2016 11:28 PM

Finished up S4 Arrow and S2 The Flash. I liked both series so far. Arrow is a little darker IMO. The one think that annoys me about The Flash is when it got into the whole Earth 2 / multiverse / doppleganger / Earth 3 stuff.... I mean that coupled with time travel forwards and backwards just kind of makes kind of over complicated to follow linearly at that point.

RE: The movie thread - Brookes Owl - 10-19-2016 02:39 PM

(10-18-2016 11:28 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  Finished up S4 Arrow and S2 The Flash. I liked both series so far. Arrow is a little darker IMO. The one think that annoys me about The Flash is when it got into the whole Earth 2 / multiverse / doppleganger / Earth 3 stuff.... I mean that coupled with time travel forwards and backwards just kind of makes kind of over complicated to follow linearly at that point.

Heh - wait till you see Season 3.

RE: The movie thread - PirateTreasureNC - 10-19-2016 02:56 PM

(10-19-2016 02:39 PM)Brookes Owl Wrote:  
(10-18-2016 11:28 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  Finished up S4 Arrow and S2 The Flash. I liked both series so far. Arrow is a little darker IMO. The one think that annoys me about The Flash is when it got into the whole Earth 2 / multiverse / doppleganger / Earth 3 stuff.... I mean that coupled with time travel forwards and backwards just kind of makes kind of over complicated to follow linearly at that point.

Ohh I'm sure it can weirder....

RE: The movie thread - Brookes Owl - 10-19-2016 03:07 PM

(10-19-2016 02:56 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  
(10-19-2016 02:39 PM)Brookes Owl Wrote:  

Ohh I'm sure it can weirder....

I'm not sure how much longer I'm willing to hang on.

RE: The movie thread - GoodOwl - 10-27-2016 09:16 AM

anyone interested in this one?

here's the classic original opening:

RE: The movie thread - GoodOwl - 10-27-2016 12:48 PM

Or, looks like we'll get three more of these (8, 9, and 10):

Ocean’s 8 Set Photos Tease Anne Hathaway’s Role in the Film

I like this better than the Ghostbusters reboot.

[Image: warners-sets-much-of-its-oceans-eight-cast.jpg]

[Image: Anne-Hathaway-as-Catwoman-in-The-Dark-Knight-Rises.jpg]

RE: The movie thread - PirateTreasureNC - 10-27-2016 07:34 PM

(10-27-2016 09:16 AM)GoodOwl Wrote:  anyone interested in this one?

here's the classic original opening:

Back in the day I liked his juxtaposition to The Bionic Woman aka Jamie Sommers

I hope they do it right.... I enjoyed watching both shows.

And the "bionic chime" was as integral to the show as The Transformers transforming sound effect LOL.

RE: The movie thread - PirateTreasureNC - 10-27-2016 07:36 PM

(10-27-2016 12:48 PM)GoodOwl Wrote:  Or, looks like we'll get three more of these (8, 9, and 10):

Ocean’s 8 Set Photos Tease Anne Hathaway’s Role in the Film

I like this better than the Ghostbusters reboot.

[Image: warners-sets-much-of-its-oceans-eight-cast.jpg]

[Image: Anne-Hathaway-as-Catwoman-in-The-Dark-Knight-Rises.jpg]

So, instead of the Oceans 11,12, and 13.... they go for prequel numbers in 8,9,10? LOL. Hopefully its good though... I did like the first 3 Oceans movies.

RE: The movie thread - PirateTreasureNC - 11-04-2016 07:16 PM

Dr. Strange/ theater
--Pretty good and I could tell the 3D would really add to the experience but I can't afford that 3D premium pricing. About the only thing I didn't get is he never got adorned the Sorcerer Supreme.

RE: The movie thread - BlazerJoe - 11-05-2016 12:27 PM

(11-04-2016 07:16 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  Dr. Strange/ theater
--Pretty good and I could tell the 3D would really add to the experience but I can't afford that 3D premium pricing. About the only thing I didn't get is he never got adorned the Sorcerer Supreme.

I'm glad he didn't get the nod to be the next Sorcerer Supreme; he's not ready yet. Sure, he's brilliant and has an eidetic memory, but he's gonna need more training before he takes that mantle. It'll happen in time, though.

RE: The movie thread - PirateTreasureNC - 11-05-2016 07:18 PM

(11-05-2016 12:27 PM)BlazerJoe Wrote:  

I'm glad he didn't get the nod to be the next Sorcerer Supreme; he's not ready yet. Sure, he's brilliant and has an eidetic memory, but he's gonna need more training before he takes that mantle. It'll happen in time, though.

Wait, I thought he got anointed to the Sorcerer Supreme... as in that is part of his "origin story" of sorts....

RE: The movie thread - BlazerJoe - 11-06-2016 05:50 PM

(11-05-2016 07:18 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  

Wait, I thought he got anointed to the Sorcerer Supreme... as in that is part of his "origin story" of sorts....

Nope; he is the protector of the New York Sanctum Sanctorum, but he's not the Sorcerer Supreme yet.

RE: The movie thread - PirateTreasureNC - 11-06-2016 10:31 PM

(11-06-2016 05:50 PM)BlazerJoe Wrote:  

Nope; he is the protector of the New York Sanctum Sanctorum, but he's not the Sorcerer Supreme yet.

Ohh damn.... I thought he became the Sorcerer Supreme in his story. So, he is just the protector of that NY SS then? He has not become a Sorcerer Supreme as part of his story?

RE: The movie thread - HarmonOliphantOberlanderDevine - 11-08-2016 04:28 PM

Moana looks interesting.

RE: The movie thread - BlazerJoe - 11-08-2016 10:01 PM

(11-06-2016 10:31 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  
(11-06-2016 05:50 PM)BlazerJoe Wrote:  

Ohh damn.... I thought he became the Sorcerer Supreme in his story. So, he is just the protector of that NY SS then? He has not become a Sorcerer Supreme as part of his story?

He's Sorcerer Supreme in the comics. Just not in the movies yet.

RE: The movie thread - PirateTreasureNC - 11-08-2016 11:37 PM

http://www.darkhorizons.com/young-justice-resurrected-for-third-season/

I'm glad this series gets another shot...I really liked its first two seasons.

RE: The movie thread - PirateTreasureNC - 11-09-2016 11:58 PM

Well I did a horror movie binge around Halloween:

A Nightmare on Elm Street 1-VII / dvd
--1 and VII were the best. I liked bits and pieces of each though.

The Exorcist I-III / dvd
--I liked each one but still think the 1st one is the best.

Friday the 13th I , II, IV / dvd
--I still think I and II are tops and then I believe its VII with the telekinetic girl would be in my top 3. I believe its IV-VI that has the Tommy ___ story arc and most of those were ok--but I only did the ones mentioned at that time.

Sleepy Hollow/dvd
--One of my favorites.

Van Helsing/dvd
--I liked the fx and the story. Acting could have been better.

Jaws 2 / NF
--Decent follow up. I noticed NF has 3 up as well.

Ghostbusters / BR
--My brother got this one, I'll get it when it hits a Black Friday super sale. I liked the casting and homages to different parts of the 1st one. It wasn't as bad as people want to make it out to be.

DC's Legends of Tomorrow S1 / NF
--Finished it. I decided to give it a shot as I had watched the other tie in shows. I like the casting and I think the characters they picked work well together. My only beef with it was the overly complicated time travel issues they put in.

X Men: Apocalypse / BR
--I liked it

X Men: Days of Future Past, First Class / BR
--Liked both. I personally don't think they have done a bad job on these yet.

Book of Life / BR
--One my brother picked up. Not a bad movie for animation and plot, but I didn't overly feel the story.