CSNbbs
The movie thread - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Sports Bar (/forum-531.html)
+---- Thread: The movie thread (/thread-433700.html)

RE: The movie thread - PirateTreasureNC - 07-05-2015 08:11 PM

Terminator: Genysis / theater
--I liked it. I liked that they addressed some of the time travel issues. The odes/allusions/foreshadowing/homages to Terminator and Terminator 2 were quite interesting. Also the interactions amongst pasts/futures of parts of the core story participants was well done. FWIW, I got a free poster and "Terminator" model bar code as freebies for going today.

RE: The movie thread - AppfanInCAAland - 07-08-2015 12:14 PM

(06-19-2015 06:21 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  Star Wars II: Attack of the Clones/br
--My favorite of the prequel trilogy.

This is the only Star Wars movie I've seen only one time and never had any desire to watch it again.

RE: The movie thread - PirateTreasureNC - 07-08-2015 06:59 PM

(07-08-2015 12:14 PM)AppfanInCAAland Wrote:  
(06-19-2015 06:21 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  Star Wars II: Attack of the Clones/br

This is the only Star Wars movie I've seen only one time and never had any desire to watch it again.

So you liked I and III A LOT MORE?

RE: The movie thread - AppfanInCAAland - 07-08-2015 08:10 PM

(07-08-2015 06:59 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  
(07-08-2015 12:14 PM)AppfanInCAAland Wrote:  

So you liked I and III A LOT MORE?

Of course not, just happened to give them a second chance, though I turned off the third one half way through the second time.

RE: The movie thread - gdunn - 07-09-2015 03:39 PM

(07-03-2015 01:05 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  Anyone seen Fury yet? If you have, what is your review? It looks intense as I have screened some other clips.

I have. I wasn't impressed by it.

RE: The movie thread - UCGrad1992 - 07-09-2015 08:59 PM

(07-09-2015 03:39 PM)gdunn Wrote:  
(07-03-2015 01:05 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  Anyone seen Fury yet? If you have, what is your review? It looks intense as I have screened some other clips.

Why gdunn?

RE: The movie thread - gdunn - 07-09-2015 09:36 PM

Honestly I thought the acting wasn't all that good, the plot was thrown together, and then there's a very awkward scene. I've been about the only person that's felt that way. It's not one I could watch again.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

RE: The movie thread - Lush - 07-10-2015 01:13 PM

(07-09-2015 03:39 PM)gdunn Wrote:  

i watched 30 minutes of it on turkish airlines and couldn't stomach it's cheese. i wanted to see it

RE: The movie thread - gdunn - 07-18-2015 09:53 PM

Checked out Ant Man..

I didn't think Paul Rudd would be Marvel Super Hero material. I was wrong. It was a good movie. If they do a sequel it's open for that, they tied him to the Avengers so there's that, and they made mention of our Web slinging friend.

RE: The movie thread - PirateTreasureNC - 07-18-2015 10:05 PM

Flight / TV
--Pretty good and intense IMO. The while intoxicated pilot but saved the ship.... lawyers trying to save his career ect.... really cool movie.

Sherlock Holmes Game of Shadows/ BR
--Love the movie...

G.I. Joe The Rise of Cobra/ BR
--Decent live action movie but I didn't like how they put Cobra Commander out there.

G.I Joe Retaliation / BR
--Better follow up overall than the original.

G.I.Joe The MASS Device / dvd
--Nothing like old school animated GI Joe

Men In Black II / NetFlix
--NOT as good as the first but not overly bad.

Hannibal Rising / dvd
--Good intro to Hannibal Lecter and how he got to be the way he is.

Silence of the Lambs / BR
--A great movie IMO.

Wild Things / dvd
--Heh... yeah...

Showgirls/ Net Flix

Karate Kid / tv
--the new one with Jackie Chan and and Will Smith's kid. Not bad for what it was.

Blade II / dvd
--Probably one of the most bad ass movies ever made.

RE: The movie thread - gdunn - 07-20-2015 08:46 AM

I watched Joe Dirt 2: Beautiful Loser courtesy of Crackle.

I wasn't impressed. They tried to play off the jokes from the original and it looked like it was a direct to DVD movie.

RE: The movie thread - PirateTreasureNC - 07-20-2015 07:12 PM

(07-18-2015 09:53 PM)gdunn Wrote:  Checked out Ant Man..

I didn't think Paul Rudd would be Marvel Super Hero material. I was wrong. It was a good movie. If they do a sequel it's open for that, they tied him to the Avengers so there's that, and they made mention of our Web slinging friend.

Saw Ant Man today...its pretty legit. I don't know enough about who is Ant Man to say that is/isn't legit but I liked the story line set up. I liked the action and the humor. That kids train set scene still kills me...

RE: The movie thread - CliftonAve - 07-21-2015 01:45 PM

(07-20-2015 07:12 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  
(07-18-2015 09:53 PM)gdunn Wrote:  Checked out Ant Man..

Saw Ant Man today...its pretty legit. I don't know enough about who is Ant Man to say that is/isn't legit but I liked the story line set up. I liked the action and the humor. That kids train set scene still kills me...

I saw it over the weekend with my 15 year old son. I enjoyed it because it was a little lighter fare than the Marvel movies have been of late. I liked Michael Douglas as Dr. Pym and Evangeline Lily is always nice to look at. Didn't care for the Mexican guy who was a bit too cartoonish IMO.

RE: The movie thread - gdunn - 07-21-2015 02:37 PM

Yea but I feel like you kinda needed that.

Like I said when I heard Paul Rudd was going to be a hero in the MCU I was very apprehensive.. I was pleasantly surprised and he did an excellent job.

RE: The movie thread - BlazerJoe - 07-21-2015 07:22 PM

Saw Ant-Man today; I had a lot of fun with it.

RE: The movie thread - PirateTreasureNC - 08-05-2015 11:31 PM

The Hunger Games/BR
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire/BR
The Hunger Games: Mickingjay Pt. 1/BR
--Pretty good series IMO. Can't wait for Part 2.

Goldmember/BR
--I loved the Austin Powers movies, really wish he'd do a 4th, the Scot Evil cliffhanger must be resolved.

Arrow/NF
--I heard the tv show was pretty legit so I checked it out last night...binge watched S1E1-E8. Not bad... I kind of dig it. But, IMO, he seems like a Batman Remix for what they have shown on his backstory so far.

Mission Impossible I, II, III, and IV/Ghost Protocol / BR
--BR prints in I and II are kind of suspect IMO, especially sections of II. I like each one for different reasons.

Mission Impossible: Rouge Nation/Theater
--This movie, along with the first one feel the most like the Mission Impossible tv show in terms if plot and intrigue. I really liked how deep the rabbit hole went in this new one.

Expendables 2/BR
--I liked it and I liked JCVD as a villain.

RE: The movie thread - gdunn - 08-06-2015 08:32 AM

(08-05-2015 11:31 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  The Hunger Games/BR
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire/BR
The Hunger Games: Mickingjay Pt. 1/BR
--Pretty good series IMO. Can't wait for Part 2.

Goldmember/BR
--I loved the Austin Powers movies, really wish he'd do a 4th, the Scot Evil cliffhanger must be resolved.

Arrow/NF
--I heard the tv show was pretty legit so I checked it out last night...binge watched S1E1-E8. Not bad... I kind of dig it. But, IMO, he seems like a Batman Remix for what they have shown on his backstory so far.

Mission Impossible I, II, III, and IV/Ghost Protocol / BR
--BR prints in I and II are kind of suspect IMO, especially sections of II. I like each one for different reasons.

Mission Impossible: Rouge Nation/Theater
--This movie, along with the first one feel the most like the Mission Impossible tv show in terms if plot and intrigue. I really liked how deep the rabbit hole went in this new one.

Expendables 2/BR
--I liked it and I liked JCVD as a villain.
Word is he's developing it right now.

RE: The movie thread - Brookes Owl - 08-06-2015 02:11 PM

(08-05-2015 11:31 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  Arrow/NF

That continues. It's a decent show but you just have to get used to the idea that they're running Arrow through stuff that you've already seen with Batman.

ETA: If you're going to watch Arrow you might as well start watching The Flash. They overlap the story lines a bit.

RE: The movie thread - BlazerJoe - 08-06-2015 08:39 PM

(08-06-2015 02:11 PM)Brookes Owl Wrote:  

That continues. It's a decent show but you just have to get used to the idea that they're running Arrow through stuff that you've already seen with Batman.

ETA: If you're going to watch Arrow you might as well start watching The Flash. They overlap the story lines a bit.

Agreed.

Arrow was decent in the beginning, but it got really great later on. Some people say it took a step back in Season 3, but I respectfully disagree. This is basically Batman for the CW crowd, and I'm here for it.

RE: The movie thread - PirateTreasureNC - 08-07-2015 10:56 AM

(08-06-2015 08:39 PM)BlazerJoe Wrote:  
(08-06-2015 02:11 PM)Brookes Owl Wrote:  

Agreed.

Arrow was decent in the beginning, but it got really great later on. Some people say it took a step back in Season 3, but I respectfully disagree. This is basically Batman for the CW crowd, and I'm here for it.

His back story set up sounds a lot like Batman in some ways. Vigilante angle. Parental death. Hide to protect the ones they love. From the super rich. Not fans of guns. Had off-shore bad ass training...