CSNbbs
Basketball Recruits - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - East Team Talk (/forum-463.html)
+----- Forum: Bowling Green (/forum-477.html)
+----- Thread: Basketball Recruits (/thread-433684.html)

Basketball Recruits - factman - 05-03-2010 08:14 PM

new recruits including Toledo CL POY!!!!!!!
http://sent-trib.com/trib/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=14274:bgsu-men-sign-two-recruits&catid=22:bgsu-sports&Itemid=40

RE: Basketball Recruits - El Grande Flippero - 05-04-2010 05:38 AM

I love that we landed Henderson....nothing like waltzing into Toledo and getting the POY ....

RE: Basketball Recruits - factman - 05-04-2010 06:09 AM

That put a little smile on my face too, but of course, now he's not very good and can't play point guard, according to the tu board! 03-wink

RE: Basketball Recruits - marklbgsu - 05-04-2010 08:36 AM

(05-04-2010 06:09 AM)factman Wrote:  That put a little smile on my face too, but of course, now he's not very good and can't play point guard, according to the tu board! 03-wink

[Image: sour-grapes.jpg]

RE: Basketball Recruits - bgfalconfromcincy - 05-04-2010 11:18 AM

and we may not be done, according to Howard Chen on twitter yesterday we also may get a transfer from Michigan State, a 7 foot center. He was a redshirt junior this past season, so we would only get him for a year, but he wouldn't have to sit out as he already has his degree

RE: Basketball Recruits - Redwingtom - 05-04-2010 11:35 AM

(05-04-2010 11:18 AM)bgfalconfromcincy Wrote:  and we may not be done, according to Howard Chen on twitter yesterday we also may get a transfer from Michigan State, a 7 foot center. He was a redshirt junior this past season, so we would only get him for a year, but he wouldn't have to sit out as he already has his degree

I imagine it would have to be this guy

RE: Basketball Recruits - bgfalconfromcincy - 05-04-2010 12:35 PM

(05-04-2010 11:35 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  
(05-04-2010 11:18 AM)bgfalconfromcincy Wrote:  and we may not be done, according to Howard Chen on twitter yesterday we also may get a transfer from Michigan State, a 7 foot center. He was a redshirt junior this past season, so we would only get him for a year, but he wouldn't have to sit out as he already has his degree

I imagine it would have to be this guy

correct

RE: Basketball Recruits - El Grande Flippero - 05-05-2010 03:04 PM

Herzog is going to Central Florida...he plans to ask the NCAA to waive the transfer rule since he has graduated form MSU and is enrolling in a masters program at UCF

RE: Basketball Recruits - Pulltown Falcon - 05-06-2010 07:42 AM

He doesn't have to ask the NCAA to waive the transfer rule. Since he graduated, he is eligible to play.

RE: Basketball Recruits - El Grande Flippero - 05-06-2010 08:29 AM

Then why did I read an article online where persons close to him indicated that he would ask for a waiver? Extra precaution?

RE: Basketball Recruits - Pulltown Falcon - 05-06-2010 01:56 PM

(05-06-2010 08:29 AM)El Grande Flippero Wrote:  Then why did I read an article online where persons close to him indicated that he would ask for a waiver? Extra precaution?

My guess is you recall reading something while sitting in the doctors office waiting for yet another appointment. And you know how old those magazines are in the doctors office (the article referring to Jimmy Carter as the Democratic nominee should have given you a clue) 03-lmfao

Here's the info from the NCAA website -

Finally, a student-athlete who has eligibility remaining and is within the specified five-year period may participate while enrolled in a graduate or professional school at a Division I college or university other than the institution at which he or she completed an undergraduate degree, provided he or she meets the criteria of the one-time transfer exception to the general transfer residence requirement. That exception is as follows:

* The student-athlete must be seeking to participate in a sport other than baseball, football, basketball and men's ice hockey, except that a student-athlete who seeks to participate in NCAA Football Championship Subdivision may use this exception only if transferring from a Football Bowl Subdivision program.
* The student-athlete may not have transferred previously from another four-year institution unless he or she transferred previously and received an exception to the transfer residence requirement because his or her institution either discontinued the sport or did not sponsor the sport in which the student-athlete is a participant.
* The student must have been in good academic standing and eligible to compete had he or she decided to remain at the previous institution.
* The student-athlete's previous institution must certify in writing that it has no objection to the student-athlete being granted an exception to the transfer residence requirement.

http://tinyurl.com/yca5zql

The academic and membership affairs staff will be able to assist the general public with his or her NCAA rules questions from noon to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday at 317/917-6222.

Maybe he does need to petition for an exception since he's playing basketball. Not worried about it since he's not coming to BGSU.

RE: Basketball Recruits - El Grande Flippero - 05-07-2010 12:15 PM

Ya know Pulltown...I thought that was the rule...in fact I think we had a football player or two come here under those guidelines. What threw me was one or two stories that discussed a waiver. Everything I've read since says he doesn't need one .

And no...I guess it doesn't matter since the big stiff is going to UCF. Terry Foster on 97.1 in Detroit is a CMU grad. When he heard Herzog was looking at a MAC school he was afraid he might be headed to the Chips....he's seen him play a number of times in HS and college. The lack of PT at Michigan State was well deserved apparently. 04-cheers