CSNbbs
Could Texas State be right for the WAC - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: WACbbs (/forum-376.html)
+--- Thread: Could Texas State be right for the WAC (/thread-432867.html)

Could Texas State be right for the WAC - TXSTCAT - 04-27-2010 10:52 AM

Yea I'm posting this at each Conference thread that we are "in talks" with to get a feel what the fans might think.

Could Texas State be a Fit for the WAC

Pros

Over 130K alumni in the State of Texas

Current student body of 30K+ Students 4th largest campus in Texas.

Quickly working to become The Flagship University of the Texas State University System.

Students support move to FBS by passing increased athletics fee. Providing additional funding to the Athletics Department this will ultimately put TXSTs Athletics Budget over $20Million

Brand new baseball softball complex

Stadium construction to be completed around 2014 will bring Bobcat Stadium to 35K seating capacity see photo below in sig line. Phase IB(Club seating) completed Phase II (North Enzone) underway.

Recent Success: Back to back winning seasons under current Head Coach Brad Wright. Two trips to the playoffs in last five years. '05 one game away from making National Championship.

Head Coached signed three year deal that includes several bonuses including National Championship Bonus of $500K.

$800K approved for renovation upgrades of basketball arena Strahan Coliseum. Currently seats 7200 but can be expanded to over 8000.

Baseball has shown the ability to compete with any program in the nation

Womens sport are very competitive.

Several alumni are pro athletes actors or musicians and CEO/ CFA/ or top executives at major companies like Valero.

Current rumors have us talking to WAC, Sunbelt and C-USA behind the scenes. Many fans, coaches and AD have expressed desire to enter a conference that has strong Texas affiliation. Although rumors have us headed to WAC and many speculate we will find ourselves in the Sunbelt. Of all the schools listed for a move up to FBS Texas State is the most prepared. An invite to C-USA would excite our alumni and cause a surge in athletic support. Same could be said for WAC but more so with C-USA.

RE: Could Texas State be right for the WAC - YouCanUseaMint - 04-27-2010 12:50 PM

(04-27-2010 10:52 AM)TXSTCAT Wrote:  Yea I'm posting this at each Conference thread that we are "in talks" with to get a feel what the fans might think.

Could Texas State be a Fit for the WAC

Pros

Over 130K alumni in the State of Texas

Current student body of 30K+ Students 4th largest campus in Texas.

Quickly working to become The Flagship University of the Texas State University System.

Students support move to FBS by passing increased athletics fee. Providing additional funding to the Athletics Department this will ultimately put TXSTs Athletics Budget over $20Million

Brand new baseball softball complex

Stadium construction to be completed around 2014 will bring Bobcat Stadium to 35K seating capacity see photo below in sig line. Phase IB(Club seating) completed Phase II (North Enzone) underway.

Recent Success: Back to back winning seasons under current Head Coach Brad Wright. Two trips to the playoffs in last five years. '05 one game away from making National Championship.

Head Coached signed three year deal that includes several bonuses including National Championship Bonus of $500K.

$800K approved for renovation upgrades of basketball arena Strahan Coliseum. Currently seats 7200 but can be expanded to over 8000.

Baseball has shown the ability to compete with any program in the nation

Womens sport are very competitive.

Several alumni are pro athletes actors or musicians and CEO/ CFA/ or top executives at major companies like Valero.

Current rumors have us talking to WAC, Sunbelt and C-USA behind the scenes. Many fans, coaches and AD have expressed desire to enter a conference that has strong Texas affiliation. Although rumors have us headed to WAC and many speculate we will find ourselves in the Sunbelt. Of all the schools listed for a move up to FBS Texas State is the most prepared. An invite to C-USA would excite our alumni and cause a surge in athletic support. Same could be said for WAC but more so with C-USA.

You probably wont get very many responses here.

Majority of WAC fans are found at the board below

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=451&f=2368

RE: Could Texas State be right for the WAC - jediwarrior - 06-01-2010 10:18 AM

Like was discussed on the other board, you guys are the front runners now.

Of course, I like UC Davis but they're behind the power curve now.

RE: Could Texas State be right for the WAC - UNTFlyer - 06-10-2010 12:22 PM

There is absolutely no way that Texas State is "in talks" with anyone right now, and there is absolutely no way they are the "front runners" to join the WAC.

Hello, they are I-AA program with a moratorium still in place.

RE: Could Texas State be right for the WAC - MagNTX - 06-15-2010 12:47 AM

(06-10-2010 12:22 PM)UNTFlyer Wrote:  There is absolutely no way that Texas State is "in talks" with anyone right now, and there is absolutely no way they are the "front runners" to join the WAC.

Certainly not the 4th largest enrollment in Texas either...

RE: Could Texas State be right for the WAC - glick - 06-16-2010 10:02 AM

(06-15-2010 12:47 AM)MagNTX Wrote:  
(06-10-2010 12:22 PM)UNTFlyer Wrote:  There is absolutely no way that Texas State is "in talks" with anyone right now, and there is absolutely no way they are the "front runners" to join the WAC.

#4 would be North Texas which is slightly behind Houston for #3. UNT is currently at 36k+ students...

RE: Could Texas State be right for the WAC - Fruitcake - 08-19-2010 11:31 AM

(06-16-2010 10:02 AM)glick Wrote:  

#4 would be North Texas which is slightly behind Houston for #3. UNT is currently at 36k+ students...

Texas State is 5th largest school in Texas but all other items were correct.

The WAC should invite North Texas, Texas State and UTSA if they even want to survive. I'm a TX State Bobcat fan and don't really want to go to the WAC but trying to get all the Texas teams together is like putting a shattered vase together again. Texas could have its own league if TCU would just give up trying to be in a BCS conference. If BYU leaves and TCU gets no other BCS action then they should come back home. I don't know why the Big 12 does not just add TCU & Houston. But if not...

We need a new South West Conference

South
Texas State Bobcats
UTSA Roadrunners
Houston Cougars
Rice Owls
Tulane Green Wave
Louisiana Lafayette Rajun Cajuns
Louisiana Tech Bull Dogs

West
Texas Christian Horned Frogs
SMU Mustangs
North Texas Mean Green
Tulsa Golden Hurricanes
Texas El Paso Miners
New Mexico State Aggies
Air Force Falcons

RE: Could Texas State be right for the WAC - David Krysakowski - 08-22-2010 10:31 PM

It depends if Louisiana Tech stays in the conference.

RE: Could Texas State be right for the WAC - BankerCajun - 08-23-2010 04:41 PM

(08-19-2010 11:31 AM)Fruitcake Wrote:  
(06-16-2010 10:02 AM)glick Wrote:  

Texas State is 5th largest school in Texas but all other items were correct.

The WAC should invite North Texas, Texas State and UTSA if they even want to survive. I'm a TX State Bobcat fan and don't really want to go to the WAC but trying to get all the Texas teams together is like putting a shattered vase together again. Texas could have its own league if TCU would just give up trying to be in a BCS conference. If BYU leaves and TCU gets no other BCS action then they should come back home. I don't know why the Big 12 does not just add TCU & Houston. But if not...

We need a new South West Conference

South
Texas State Bobcats
UTSA Roadrunners
Houston Cougars
Rice Owls
Tulane Green Wave
Louisiana Lafayette Rajun Cajuns
Louisiana Tech Bull Dogs

West
Texas Christian Horned Frogs
SMU Mustangs
North Texas Mean Green
Tulsa Golden Hurricanes
Texas El Paso Miners
New Mexico State Aggies
Air Force Falcons

You put that together and the Cajuns would join!

RE: Could Texas State be right for the WAC - UTSAisgreaterthanUNT - 12-06-2010 12:21 AM

Boy, you sure made yourself look like an idiot 6 months later. Benson even has admitted talks were in place at this time.

RE: Could Texas State be right for the WAC - Cat79 - 07-30-2011 03:52 PM

You sure have to eat your words now.

RE: Could Texas State be right for the WAC - Fear The Frog - 11-24-2011 01:58 AM

Wish more WAC fans were posting on this board..

Any way I'm looking forward chatting with you Bobcats and Road Runners

I been meaning start site up call TX12..

RE: Could Texas State be right for the WAC - jarmzet - 02-04-2012 08:04 PM

(11-24-2011 01:58 AM)Fear The Frog Wrote:  I been meaning start site up call TX12..

Those 12 teams would make for a conference I'd watch all Saturday. = )