CSNbbs
NFL Draft Discussion - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------- Forum: NTR Sports (/forum-675.html)
+------- Thread: NFL Draft Discussion (/thread-432035.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

NFL Draft Discussion - Dak10 - 04-21-2010 06:36 AM

How do you think your team will do?

Seems like my Bucs are at the front once again (it's getting way too common). Suh is the one we want, but it looks like the Lions will take him (like they took Calvin Johnson from us two years ago) and we'll have to settle for McCoy. I'm not excited about McCoy for some reason. Seems like DT is deep in this draft and Tampa has two high 2nd round picks.

DT is our biggest need, but I personally would like for us to take Berry, even if the number 3 spot is too high for him.

We traded Leftwich to the Steelers today for a 7th which gives us 11 picks for this draft so we should have an eventful weekend.

I also saw where Carriker was traded by the Rams to the Skins for like a 5th and a 7th or something like that. Unless Carriker is just an absolute bust that seems like a trade rape to me.

So, which player do you want your team to draft? Where is Tebow going to be taken?

RE: NFL Draft Discussion - ByrdDogX - 04-21-2010 09:38 AM

Looks like Dolphins will be looking at DT/LB as they are showing age in those areas (and lack of talent). This is espeically certain now that Jason Taylor signed with Jets.

RE: NFL Draft Discussion - gotigers1 - 04-21-2010 09:41 AM

I would like to see the 49ers draft a QB because Alex Smith is not the answer. Sadly that won't happen.

RE: NFL Draft Discussion - ksigtigerdood - 04-21-2010 11:10 AM

As always, I'm jacked for the draft.

Dak, you've got a pretty interesting take on the pick for your Bucs. Personally, I like McCoy a lot (even more than Suh). McCoy is a proven beast and should excel at the next level. There are even rumors that the Rams are looking at him above Suh, but I think that is merely smokescreen. I do understand your viewpoint on holding off on DT until the second round, though. This is a stacked draft for the position, and there will be plenty of talent available.

The Carriker trade was insane. No clue what the Lions are trying on this, but they basically gave away a guy that was considered a can't miss a couple years ago. I'm sure he's on a pretty nasty rookie contract, which elevated the need to get rid of him.

Gotigers1, I've heard that the Niners are interested in moving up for Clausen. I've also heard that Clausen may just fall past the Bills at 9. I would think if that happens, the Niners would be sure to grab him at 13.

I've given up on a wish list for my Raiders. It never really turns out the way I want, and I am always upset by the end of day one. I've heard rumors about the Raiders and pretty much every player listed in the first round. If I had to make an educated guess, I'm saying either Bulaga or Williams (whichever is available). I don't think we will reach for Davis or Bruce Campbell. If Williams or Bulaga aren't available, I'd say they're taking Iupati, Clausen, or Haden.

In a perfect world, I'd want Williams, Iupati, Pouncey, or Clausen (just because this would end the hellacious Jamarcus Russell experiment).

RE: NFL Draft Discussion - Dak10 - 04-21-2010 11:53 AM

I've heard the Raiders may take the Guard. That seems awfully early for him, but I'm no expert.

I like McCoy, but I'm not sold on him. He lacks a lot of the things I want when taking someone 3 overall. I'm not sold on his run defense either. Berry will be a major player for life. I would like to go with the closest thing to a sure thing. Gaines looked promising a couple years ago, but we see how that turned out (he would have been labeled a bust had his tragedy not occurred).

RE: NFL Draft Discussion - Dak10 - 04-21-2010 11:54 AM

Just saw where Ben Roethlisberger is being shopped by the Steelers for a top 10 pick and is getting some bites. That would mean they'd draft one of the top QB's I'd assume. That would be very interesting.

RE: NFL Draft Discussion - Dak10 - 04-21-2010 12:28 PM

So Big Ben is suspended for 4-6 weeks. I still think you take this trade. I don't see him screwing up again and being traded by Pitt would probably give him the motivation to be a killer. If you draft a QB it's going to take him 4-6 weeks to get adjusted to the NFL game anyway.

RE: NFL Draft Discussion - ksigtigerdood - 04-21-2010 12:34 PM

I've also heard that the Raiders are pretty interested in Iupati. The word is that he has legit skills as both an OG or RT, which is bumping him up some.

Not sure what to think on Roethlisberger. I have a feeling that the Raiders are the ones inquiring.

RE: NFL Draft Discussion - Dak10 - 04-21-2010 12:39 PM

(04-21-2010 12:34 PM)ksigtigerdood Wrote:  I've also heard that the Raiders are pretty interested in Iupati. The word is that he has legit skills as both an OG or RT, which is bumping him up some.

Not sure what to think on Roethlisberger. I have a feeling that the Raiders are the ones inquiring.

You guys would be set at the skill positions if you made that trade. How's your line? Obviously has a hole or two if you guys are planning to draft a guard/tackle.

RE: NFL Draft Discussion - ksigtigerdood - 04-21-2010 01:12 PM

O Line is pretty rough right now. Our tackles are Mario Henderson, Khalif Barnes, Langston Walker, and Erik Pears. Center position should be between Samson Satele and Chris Morris. Our guards are Robert Gallery and Cooper Carlisle.

We would obviously need some more help on the line. Our tackles could possibly handle their load and the center position would be okay (although an upgrade would be nice). Cooper Carlisle as our starting guard makes me want to vomit.

We really should focus on our O-line for this draft. It's horrendous. No matter who our quarterback ends up being, they will have an extremely rough time if we put an O-line out like this.

RE: NFL Draft Discussion - Dak10 - 04-21-2010 01:16 PM

(04-21-2010 01:12 PM)ksigtigerdood Wrote:  O Line is pretty rough right now. Our tackles are Mario Henderson, Khalif Barnes, Langston Walker, and Erik Pears. Center position should be between Samson Satele and Chris Morris. Our guards are Robert Gallery and Cooper Carlisle.

We would obviously need some more help on the line. Our tackles could possibly handle their load and the center position would be okay (although an upgrade would be nice). Cooper Carlisle as our starting guard makes me want to vomit.

We really should focus on our O-line for this draft. It's horrendous. No matter who our quarterback ends up being, they will have an extremely rough time if we put an O-line out like this.

Yeah, that's my thought on it. O-line isn't too deep either. Al Davis should definitely go O-line. Tampa and Detroit wouldn't go for Roth either. Cleveland, St. Louis, etc. should make a run for him. He's quickly wearing out his welcome in Pitt even as a 2 time Super Bowl champ.

RE: NFL Draft Discussion - ksigtigerdood - 04-21-2010 03:08 PM

NFL Network is reporting that the Raiders are in discussions with the Steelers regarding Roethlisberger.

RE: NFL Draft Discussion - Dak10 - 04-21-2010 05:09 PM

(04-21-2010 03:08 PM)ksigtigerdood Wrote:  NFL Network is reporting that the Raiders are in discussions with the Steelers regarding Roethlisberger.

Worry about the O-Line next year. Not too often you can get a QB with the talent of Big Ben. Maybe he could turn the franchise around. Neither of us have had an ounce of luck since our Super Bowl.

RE: NFL Draft Discussion - Dak10 - 04-21-2010 06:15 PM

Looking like the only team that will pull the trigger with the Steelers is the Raiders. Who knows if it will be a trade rape or not, nothing surprises me with Al Davis. At least he's willing to put up the money for big time players unlike my Bucs who have been killed by the economy.

If someone gave you a choice between Big Ben and a rookie OL I think you'd take Ben every time no matter how bad his issues are. He should be used to not having any sort of OL from his time with the Steelers.

RE: NFL Draft Discussion - Dak10 - 04-22-2010 06:23 AM

Today is the day my friends. Obvious so far that only Buc and Raider fans really care. Oh, and 49ers and Dolphins.

RE: NFL Draft Discussion - BARTLETTTIGER - 04-22-2010 06:31 AM

(04-22-2010 06:23 AM)Dak10 Wrote:  Today is the day my friends. Obvious so far that only Buc and Raider fans really care. Oh, and 49ers and Dolphins.
Some of the Dolphins fans on the Dolphins messageboard I am on are indeed very angry about Jason Taylor going in free agency to the New York Jets. He is over the hill IMHO, so I do not think that is a big issue. I would like if the fish get the DT from South Florida where they are picking around twevlth.

RE: NFL Draft Discussion - BARTLETTTIGER - 04-22-2010 06:33 AM

(04-21-2010 09:38 AM)ByrdDogX Wrote:  Looks like Dolphins will be looking at DT/LB as they are showing age in those areas (and lack of talent). This is espeically certain now that Jason Taylor signed with Jets.
One bad head coach draft decision by former Miami Dolphins head football coach Cam Cameron has put the fish behind three to four years. Do you realize along with him and Dave Wannstedt they really did not replenish the Dolphins with good draft picks IMHO.

RE: NFL Draft Discussion - Dak10 - 04-22-2010 06:44 AM

(04-22-2010 06:33 AM)BARTLETTTIGER Wrote:  
(04-21-2010 09:38 AM)ByrdDogX Wrote:  Looks like Dolphins will be looking at DT/LB as they are showing age in those areas (and lack of talent). This is espeically certain now that Jason Taylor signed with Jets.
One bad head coach draft decision by former Miami Dolphins head football coach Cam Cameron has put the fish behind three to four years. Do you realize along with him and Dave Wannstedt they really did not replenish the Dolphins with good draft picks IMHO.

Yeah, trading your 9th overall pick a couple years ago for a 5th rounder is harsh. Both the Rams and the Dolphins did that this year.

Just goes to show how much of a crapshoot the draft is. I'm glad Tampa traded Gaines for a 2nd rounder because (if he hadn't have died) if we had waited until the end of the season we also would have been looking at a 5th rounder for him.

RE: NFL Draft Discussion - ksigtigerdood - 04-22-2010 07:48 AM

Should definitely be an interesting day... I'm pretty interested to see what sort of smokescreens teams start throwing out today. I have a feeling there will be some big surprises tonight.

It sounds like discussions with the Raiders and Steelers have cooled off considerably. Raiders are not willing to part with their #8 without getting the Steelers # 18 in return. We'll see. As you've said, you really can't make any assumptions when it comes to Al Davis.

We definitely need some more teams supported within this thread. Where are all the Titan, Cowgirl, and Steeler fans? Our football discussions around here are usually dominated by those teams fans.

RE: NFL Draft Discussion - Seabee TIger Fan - 04-22-2010 07:59 AM

Big Ben is going no where