CSNbbs
Limbaugh advises listeners not to donate to Haiti relief. - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: Archives (/forum-462.html)
+----- Forum: WMU Archives (/forum-939.html)
+----- Thread: Limbaugh advises listeners not to donate to Haiti relief. (/thread-413494.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Limbaugh advises listeners not to donate to Haiti relief. - conrock - 01-15-2010 04:12 PM

(01-15-2010 01:25 PM)Indiana Bronco Wrote:  The Red Cross isn't a governmental organization, idiot.

ACORN suggest they are not as well.03-lmfao

RE: Limbaugh advises listeners not to donate to Haiti relief. - Chipdip - 01-15-2010 04:17 PM

Quote:The Red Cross isn't a governmental organization, idiot.

Who mentioned the Red Cross.

Our government is sending funds, i.e. tax dollars. Rest assured some will be funneled through the Haitian government never to be seen again.

RE: Limbaugh advises listeners not to donate to Haiti relief. - chipfan - 01-15-2010 04:57 PM

(01-15-2010 10:22 AM)conrock Wrote:  
(01-15-2010 10:04 AM)chipfan Wrote:  Pat Robertson doesn't have dementia. He is a bigot and is carrying on the long-standing family tradition.

I'm not a Limbaugh listener but the irony of an MSNBC (Olberman and Matthews) patron is a bit ironic.01-wingedeagle The road wields in two differant directions.

Now go listen to Chuck Schumer and the Dem candidate for Senate (people w/actual power) blast catholics and justify it.

My head hurts. WTF does this mean?? Can it be translated in English?

RE: Limbaugh advises listeners not to donate to Haiti relief. - DesertBronco - 01-15-2010 06:03 PM

Screw Rush, if you want to donate money to the Red Cross or any other charitable organization helping with this earthquake, why does anyone care what he said?

Looks to me that he is just not wanting to waste a crisis here, using it to get some ratings. He's not even worth discussing, there are people dying over there right now as we argue about Mr. Oxycontin.

RE: Limbaugh advises listeners not to donate to Haiti relief. - chip90 - 01-15-2010 07:01 PM

(01-15-2010 06:03 PM)DesertBronco Wrote:  Screw Rush, if you want to donate money to the Red Cross or any other charitable organization helping with this earthquake, why does anyone care what he said?

Looks to me that he is just not wanting to waste a crisis here, using it to get some ratings. He's not even worth discussing, there are people dying over there right now as we argue about Mr. Oxycontin.

Well said DB.

RE: Limbaugh advises listeners not to donate to Haiti relief. - Chipdip - 01-15-2010 07:33 PM

Quote:I donated to the Red Cross (easily done, you can do it through your Amazon account if you're apprehensive), and I'm really glad that I did

Last year you were bragging about donating to the Gary Fund and busting on others for not giving "like you do"..............So I combed through about 6 years of media guides, all of which list Gary Fund donors. Your name didn't show up. So pardon me if I'm skeptical regarding your recent bout of self-proclaimed charitably.

[Image: raised%20eyebrow.jpg]

RE: Limbaugh advises listeners not to donate to Haiti relief. - DesertBronco - 01-15-2010 07:36 PM

Dip

Quote:So pardon me if I'm skeptical regarding your recent bout of self-proclaimed charitably.

I'll show you the receipts for your Gary Fund and Eric Shay's locker room drive if you would like, as well as my Red Cross Amazon donation this time. I'm flying back for a basketball game the first week of February, would love to meet. PM me where we can get together.

RE: Limbaugh advises listeners not to donate to Haiti relief. - DesertBronco - 01-15-2010 07:42 PM

I'll post this like you did you dermatologist appointment to prove you had such a serious issue. "It's not a pimple, I'm speechless" 03-melodramatic

Quote:Thank you for your support
Thu, January 14, 2010 11:17:37 PM
American Red Cross <redcross-email@usa.redcross.org>
Add to Contacts
To: xxxxxx@yahoo.com

Dear xxxxxxx,
Thank you for your gift of $75.00 in support of the American Red Cross International Response Fund, you have enabled us to:
Pledge $10 million to support humanitarian relief activities of the Haitian Red Cross;
Deploy disaster response experts to Haiti to provide relief and recovery expertise;
Send 5,000 family kits that include blankets, kitchen sets and water containers;
Continue our global programs to prevent disease, reconnect families separated by crisis and promote respect for global humanitarian principles.
We are grateful to have your support that brings hope and comfort to those affected by global emergencies. For more information on our most recent international disaster responses, please visit http://www.redcross.org/.
Sincerely,

The American Red Cross
P.S. Visit us at http://www.redcross.org for safety tips year-round, up-to-date news on disaster relief, and to see how your donation is changing lives everyday.
Your Red Cross gift today could be matched dollar for dollar or more! Check with your company or visit this online directory of matching gift companies and find out if your company will match your contribution to the American Red Cross. If you have questions about your company's matching program, please contact your human resource representative.
Please print or save this message for your personal records, it serves as the tax receipt for your gift. Under the United States Internal Revenue Code, The American Red Cross is eligible to receive tax-deductible charitable contributions. Please see Internal Revenue Service Publications 526 and 1771 for official Federal government information on charitable contributions. Our tax identification number is 53-0196605. For reference purposes, you did not receive anything of value from the Red Cross in return for this donation. If you have any questions about your donation, please call 1-800-797-8022, option 2, or visit http://www.redcross.org.
American Red Cross

© Copyright 2009 The American National Red Cross. All Rights Reserved .Privacy | Contact Us
Powered by Convio

RE: Limbaugh advises listeners not to donate to Haiti relief. - Chipdip - 01-15-2010 08:46 PM

Quote:I'll show you the receipts for your Gary Fund

You told me at the time you'd show them to me.

Frankly, I really don't give a chit whether you donate or not, but for some reason you feel the need to tell us every time you do................."It's easy people, you should donate like me." You're just bragging.............."Quit my job and they offered triple the salary...............bought a BMW................I can retire on this................women flock to me."

RE: Limbaugh advises listeners not to donate to Haiti relief. - DesertBronco - 01-15-2010 08:49 PM

(01-15-2010 08:46 PM)Chipdip Wrote:  
Quote:I'll show you the receipts for your Gary Fund

You told me at the time you'd show them to me.

Frankly, I really don't give a chit whether you donate or not, but for some reason you feel the need to tell us every time you do................."It's easy people, you should donate like me." You're just bragging.............."Quit my job and they offered triple the salary...............bought a BMW................I can retire on this................women flock to me."

No really, it's been a while. Let's get together. Love to see you and that 110 lb wife of yours that you're bragging about on here.

BTW, that "chicks dig me" line was me being facetious you simple small town hayseed.

RE: Limbaugh advises listeners not to donate to Haiti relief. - H2Oville Rocket - 01-15-2010 09:55 PM

(01-15-2010 08:49 PM)DesertBronco Wrote:  BTW, that "chicks dig me" line was me being facetious you simple small town hayseed.

Really? Oh, well....uh, just ignore that PM asking for tips, OK, DB? Darn, I was hoping....

RE: Limbaugh advises listeners not to donate to Haiti relief. - Chipdip - 01-15-2010 10:10 PM

He totally meant it. The list of things DB bloviates about grows by the day
Quote:I can assure you that not all guys take the bait when it's constantly thrown at them. I have similar problems, chicks dig me to the point of distraction

When he's not the Doctor of Love he's the Bronco Stampede version of Andrew Carnegie

[Image: 1189%5C900706.jpg]

RE: Limbaugh advises listeners not to donate to Haiti relief. - DesertBronco - 01-15-2010 10:13 PM

We'll discuss that when I come to town as well, you'll understand quite clearly that it wasn't being serious. Whinny got it right away, you? Not so much.

So where do we meet before the game? You going to bring that 110 lb better half?

RE: Limbaugh advises listeners not to donate to Haiti relief. - Chipdip - 01-15-2010 10:20 PM

Quote:We'll discuss that when I come to town as well, you'll understand quite clearly that it wasn't being serious.

Gosh, you're always telling Phil that he's too emotionally invested in "a web board." You sound pretty emotionally invested to me

RE: Limbaugh advises listeners not to donate to Haiti relief. - DesertBronco - 01-15-2010 10:21 PM

Quote:Gosh, you're always telling Phil that he's too emotionally invested in "a web board." You sound pretty emotionally invested to me

What? It's been a few years, would like to get together, something wrong with two old friends having a cold one before a game? I'm buying.

It'll be the Bowling Green game. If we can't make it work, Petit knows where you sit, he'll point you out to me, we'll have a coke and a few laughs at halftime. 02-13-banana

RE: Limbaugh advises listeners not to donate to Haiti relief. - Chipdip - 01-15-2010 10:38 PM

Quote:If we can't make it work, Petit knows where you sit, he'll point you out to me, we'll have a coke and a few laughs at halftime.

Really, Petit knows where I sit? Can he tell me, because I don't own tickets.

I'm sure if you ask enough people you can hunt me down, and set me straight on politics, and your fabulous new career, on the virtues of a new BMW, and on how donating to various causes makes you better than the rest of us.

RE: Limbaugh advises listeners not to donate to Haiti relief. - DesertBronco - 01-15-2010 10:41 PM

Oh shoot, I thought he did, my bad. Sorry. So, where do you want to meet? Haven't gotten that PM from you yet buddy!

RE: Limbaugh advises listeners not to donate to Haiti relief. - DesertBronco - 01-15-2010 11:20 PM

Oh, I see you edited after I posted...

Quote:I'm sure if you ask enough people you can hunt me down, and set me straight on politics, and your fabulous new career, on the virtues of a new BMW, and on how donating to various causes makes you better than the rest of us.

C'mon Dip, don't take this web board stuff so seriously (i.e. "emotionally invested"), I'm coming back, thought you would want to get together and laugh at the people who do and discuss Bronco Basketball!!

Where should we get together before the game, you know, like we did before?

RE: Limbaugh advises listeners not to donate to Haiti relief. - conrock - 01-16-2010 01:19 AM

(01-15-2010 04:57 PM)chipfan Wrote:  
(01-15-2010 10:22 AM)conrock Wrote:  
(01-15-2010 10:04 AM)chipfan Wrote:  Pat Robertson doesn't have dementia. He is a bigot and is carrying on the long-standing family tradition.

I'm not a Limbaugh listener but the irony of an MSNBC (Olberman and Matthews) patron is a bit ironic.01-wingedeagle The road wields in two differant directions.

Now go listen to Chuck Schumer and the Dem candidate for Senate (people w/actual power) blast catholics and justify it.

My head hurts. WTF does this mean?? Can it be translated in English?

Sorry I put too much credit into your CMU Community College education for you to understand. Now move on, save your money for the CMU football Bailbondsmen fund..

RE: Limbaugh advises listeners not to donate to Haiti relief. - bronco74 - 01-16-2010 04:59 PM

(01-14-2010 10:21 PM)BroncoPhilly Wrote:  Gibbs: Limbaugh's Haiti comments 'really stupid'

Thursday, January 14, 2010; 3:28 PM

WASHINGTON -- The White House is firing back at Rush Limbaugh after the conservative talk radio host urged people not to donate to relief efforts in Haiti.

Spokesman Robert Gibbs says there are always people who say "really stupid things" during a crisis. He says it's sad that Limbaugh would use the power of his pulpit to convince people not to assist those in need.

Limbaugh said on his radio show Wednesday that he wouldn't trust that money donated to Haiti through the White House Web site would actually go to the relief efforts. He said Americans don't need to contribute to earthquake relief because they already donate to Haiti through their income taxes.

Did you hear the broadcast or are you responding to a Media Matters or Fair (sp ?) quote? Anyways even he said it you don't like the guy so why do you care what he says? He is a radio guy he can't pass laaws and wreck the country like the the libreial Trinity is doing....Obama, Reid, and Pelosi.

And I am never buying another GM car again, my Chevy Vega fell apart last weekend when I went on a ski trip.