CSNbbs
Limbaugh advises listeners not to donate to Haiti relief. - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: Archives (/forum-462.html)
+----- Forum: WMU Archives (/forum-939.html)
+----- Thread: Limbaugh advises listeners not to donate to Haiti relief. (/thread-413494.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Limbaugh advises listeners not to donate to Haiti relief. - BroncoPhilly - 01-14-2010 10:21 PM

Gibbs: Limbaugh's Haiti comments 'really stupid'

Thursday, January 14, 2010; 3:28 PM

WASHINGTON -- The White House is firing back at Rush Limbaugh after the conservative talk radio host urged people not to donate to relief efforts in Haiti.

Spokesman Robert Gibbs says there are always people who say "really stupid things" during a crisis. He says it's sad that Limbaugh would use the power of his pulpit to convince people not to assist those in need.

Limbaugh said on his radio show Wednesday that he wouldn't trust that money donated to Haiti through the White House Web site would actually go to the relief efforts. He said Americans don't need to contribute to earthquake relief because they already donate to Haiti through their income taxes.

RE: Limbaugh advises listeners not to donate to Haiti relief. - BroncoPhilly - 01-14-2010 10:23 PM

Rush Limbaugh Paints Haiti Relief Efforts by Obama Administration as Opportunistic

Jan. 14, 2010

Jeremy Nisen--HispanicBusiness.com

Warning that the crisis in Haiti will "play right into Obama's hands," conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh politicized the nationwide humanitarian efforts being made by Americans of all stripes on the heels of a near-unimaginable disaster.

Positing that race relations are a driving factor behind the Obama Administration's support for the stricken Haitians, Limbaugh said, " . . . they'll use this to burnish their, shall we say, credibility with the black community, both the light-skinned and dark-skinned black community in this country . . . it's made to order for them."

"Besides, we've already donated to Haiti," Limbaugh said later in the program to a caller. "It's called the U.S. income tax."

Source: HispanicBusiness.com © 2010. All rights reserved.

RE: Limbaugh advises listeners not to donate to Haiti relief. - BroncoPhilly - 01-14-2010 10:25 PM

Just when you think ole motor mouth has said something the ultimate in stupidity, he opens his mouth again...!

[Image: forehead_slap.jpg]

RE: Limbaugh advises listeners not to donate to Haiti relief. - BroncoPhilly - 01-14-2010 10:27 PM

Not to be outdone, Pat Robertson has to weigh in....

The earthquake in Haiti is a tragedy of such gargantuan proportion that it's natural for the faithful to wonder how -- or why -- any god could allow it.

The Rev. Pat Robertson says Haitians invoked earthquake in deal with the devil.Enter the Rev. Pat Robertson, who always seems to have a ready answer for the unanswerable.

"You know ... something happened a long time ago in Haiti. … They got together and swore a pact to the Devil," Robertson said on the Christian Broadcasting Network's "700 Club" Wednesday.

"They said, 'We will serve you if you get us free from the French.' True story." That's right: Robertson seems to suggest the Haitians brought the earthquake on themselves, in a deal with Satan.

"And so, the Devil said, 'OK, it's a deal.' And they kicked the French out," he went on. "You know, the Haitians revolted and got themselves free. But ever since, they have been cursed by one thing after another."

Robertson's words instantly triggered a firestorm across the country, including a rebuke from White House press secretary Robert Gibbs, who told reporters "at times of great crisis there are always people who say really stupid things."

Earlier today, senior White House adviser Valerie Jarrett said on "Good Morning America" that she is "speechless about that kind of remark."

"Our heart goes out to the people of Haiti. … That's not the attitude that expresses the spirit of the president or the American people, so I thought it was a pretty stunning comment to make," Jarrett said.

RE: Limbaugh advises listeners not to donate to Haiti relief. - DesertBronco - 01-14-2010 11:05 PM

Yep, to hell with the both of them, I donated to the Red Cross (easily done, you can do it through your Amazon account if you're apprehensive), and I'm really glad that I did. Prediction, our response to Haiti will be better than our response to our own New Orleans. Watch. Air Craft carriers are on their way.

RE: Limbaugh advises listeners not to donate to Haiti relief. - steer - 01-14-2010 11:26 PM

(01-14-2010 11:05 PM)DesertBronco Wrote:  Prediction, our response to Haiti will be better than our response to our own New Orleans.

But Geo W Bush is involved and he can overfly it just like NO!

RE: Limbaugh advises listeners not to donate to Haiti relief. - chip90 - 01-14-2010 11:33 PM

Limbaugh and Robertson can both go to Hell! But I fear both would feel at home.

RE: Limbaugh advises listeners not to donate to Haiti relief. - DesertBronco - 01-14-2010 11:43 PM

Well, Pat could judge everyone there and do what he always does and that would easy pickings, and Limbaugh could find a endless supply of Oxycontin and blame his Dr. for prescribing it to him, which would we well received this time.

RE: Limbaugh advises listeners not to donate to Haiti relief. - BroncoPhilly - 01-15-2010 10:02 AM

10,000 people may have died and Limbaugh tries to turn it into an opportunity to make a political shot against Obama. What a phucking azzhole. If there was ever any time ole fatface had something positive to add to the debate it is in the long, long past. His show should be terminated.

As for Pat Robertson he always had a problem with mouth in drive, brain in park. But I have to wonder if he's exhibiting early signs of dementia the last few years? Seems like the '700 Club' marketting folks are on standing call to provide 'further clarification' for his never-ending series of stupid statements. What a fool.

RE: Limbaugh advises listeners not to donate to Haiti relief. - chipfan - 01-15-2010 10:04 AM

Pat Robertson doesn't have dementia. He is a bigot and is carrying on the long-standing family tradition.

RE: Limbaugh advises listeners not to donate to Haiti relief. - BroncoPhilly - 01-15-2010 10:08 AM

Quote:Geo W Bush is involved and he can overfly it just like NO

When asked what he most missed about being President Bush didn't answer "The chance to introduce change to America inline with my conservative philosophical leanings..." and he didn't answer "The opportunity to make America stronger and more secure from it's adversaries...". No, Bush stated what he missed most about being President was flying around the world in Air Force One. A perk of the office. What a damning indictment of the shallowness of the man.

Bush while flying above New Orleans in Air Force One drinking an Old Fashioned:

Quote:Look at all those darkies down there swimming around! They look like a bunch of pollywogs! Well enough of this crap, lets head back to Camp David. I have a golf game to catch this afternoon!

RE: Limbaugh advises listeners not to donate to Haiti relief. - conrock - 01-15-2010 10:22 AM

(01-15-2010 10:04 AM)chipfan Wrote:  Pat Robertson doesn't have dementia. He is a bigot and is carrying on the long-standing family tradition.

I'm not a Limbaugh listener but the irony of an MSNBC (Olberman and Matthews) patron is a bit ironic.01-wingedeagle The road wields in two differant directions.

Now go listen to Chuck Schumer and the Dem candidate for Senate (people w/actual power) blast catholics and justify it.

RE: Limbaugh advises listeners not to donate to Haiti relief. - H2Oville Rocket - 01-15-2010 11:17 AM

I really can't fault Robertson for his comments. It may seem harsh but I think he could very well be right. I mean, wouldn't YOU sign a pact with the devil to be free of the French?

RE: Limbaugh advises listeners not to donate to Haiti relief. - steer - 01-15-2010 12:13 PM

(01-15-2010 11:17 AM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  I really can't fault Robertson for his comments. It may seem harsh but I think he could very well be right. I mean, wouldn't YOU sign a pact with the devil to be free of the French?

03-lmfao

03-idea Robertson would sign a deal with the devil to continue whatever he currently does.

RE: Limbaugh advises listeners not to donate to Haiti relief. - Chipdip - 01-15-2010 12:56 PM

Perhaps you should go to the source rather than to a politcal hack (Gibbs) who will do anything to distract from his bosses dismal record.

What Limbaugh said was "You'd be better off sending your money to churchs doing work for Haiti, than sending it to government organizations who will eat it up in administrative costs.

RE: Limbaugh advises listeners not to donate to Haiti relief. - Indiana Bronco - 01-15-2010 01:25 PM

The Red Cross isn't a governmental organization, idiot.

RE: Limbaugh advises listeners not to donate to Haiti relief. - chip90 - 01-15-2010 01:31 PM

visitwhitehouse.com The US government IS NOT taking donations. They list organizations that are. Perhaps Fat ass should research things before he opens his pie hole.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2010/01/14/president-haiti-first-waves-our-rescue-and-relief-workers-are-ground-and-work

RE: Limbaugh advises listeners not to donate to Haiti relief. - steer - 01-15-2010 01:43 PM

(01-15-2010 01:31 PM)chip90 Wrote:  visitwhitehouse.com The US government IS NOT taking donations. They list organizations that are. Perhaps Fat ass should research things before he opens his pie hole.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2010/01/14/president-haiti-first-waves-our-rescue-and-relief-workers-are-ground-and-work

Limbaugh's problem is that he is always opening his pie hole.

RE: Limbaugh advises listeners not to donate to Haiti relief. - acer1 - 01-15-2010 02:21 PM

Excuse me, but if the US government is sending 100 million to Haiti, isn't that from the US treasury, and thus thru the govenment???????

Always proud to be a Bronco.

RE: Limbaugh advises listeners not to donate to Haiti relief. - BroncoPhilly - 01-15-2010 03:12 PM

Latest reports indicate an estimated 50,000 dead. They're stacking the bodies up because they have no place to put them. Limbaugh ought to consider that before putting his mouth into 'Drive' on monday. Dope.