CSNbbs
Good Riddance, Mr. Banks! - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Central Michigan (/forum-467.html)
+----- Thread: Good Riddance, Mr. Banks! (/thread-412022.html)

Pages: 1 2

Good Riddance, Mr. Banks! - CHIPPEWA ENEMA - 01-07-2010 05:04 PM

If I never see your sorry @ss again in my lifetime, it will be too soon! And take Bobby Seay and Tommy Mamma, with you! Might as well have had Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles in the secondary!

RE: Good Riddance, Mr. Banks! - CMichFan - 01-07-2010 10:14 PM

Mama's graduating, but Seay is likely our starting FS next season. honestly, I don't know what happened to our tackling in the 2nd half last night. It's like everyone was going for the knock-out blow and forgot how to wrap up. 03-banghead With the notable exceptions of Bellore, Zombo, and Berning, of course!

RE: Good Riddance, Mr. Banks! - warhawks22 - 01-08-2010 09:45 AM

Thank God that Bellore and Berning are back next year on defense!!!04-rock

RE: Good Riddance, Mr. Banks! - CMichFan - 01-08-2010 03:17 PM

(01-08-2010 09:45 AM)warhawks22 Wrote:  Thank God that Bellore and Berning are back next year on defense!!!04-rock

+1 As for Seay, he did make 11 tackles the other night. He started in 2007 when injuries started to mount and also split time with Fraser this season. He should be fine, along with Bolden. It's the DC, DEs, and CBs that have me concerned.

RE: Good Riddance, Mr. Banks! - CHIPPEWA ENEMA - 01-09-2010 11:59 AM

(01-08-2010 03:17 PM)CMichFan Wrote:  
(01-08-2010 09:45 AM)warhawks22 Wrote:  Thank God that Bellore and Berning are back next year on defense!!!04-rock

+1 As for Seay, he did make 11 tackles the other night. He started in 2007 when injuries started to mount and also split time with Fraser this season. He should be fine, along with Bolden. It's the DC, DEs, and CBs that have me concerned.

I'll take fewer tackles in exchange for more batted/intercepted balls, any day.

RE: Good Riddance, Mr. Banks! - CMichFan - 01-09-2010 12:52 PM

Quote:I'll take fewer tackles in exchange for more batted/intercepted balls, any day.

Can't argue with that. The defense against Troy looked more like the 2007 version than the one we saw most of 2009. 03-banghead If Stripling is not to be head coach -- and I don't have a strong opinion either way -- I would like to see him retained as the DC. My basis for this is simple: the defense made a quantum leap after he joined the staff.

RE: Good Riddance, Mr. Banks! - CHIPPEWA ENEMA - 01-09-2010 06:56 PM

I'll agree with the "leap," but I also agree with Heeke, in that he wants a defense to match our offense. Those EIGHT come-from-behind wins would not have been necessary (in addition to the 2 overtimes) if we had a decent defense (too much cushion, and NOBODY looking for the ball; also, outside containment was an issue). I think Heeke's decision on HC will come down to ability to recruit, and a SOLID defensive coordinator. I truly believe the phfucking problem has left the building!

RE: Good Riddance, Mr. Banks! - chipcaleb - 01-09-2010 07:46 PM

(01-09-2010 06:56 PM)CE-SELLS-GOATS Wrote:  I'll agree with the "leap," but I also agree with Heeke, in that he wants a defense to match our offense. Those EIGHT come-from-behind wins would not have been necessary (in addition to the 2 overtimes) if we had a decent defense (too much cushion, and NOBODY looking for the ball; also, outside containment was an issue). I think Heeke's decision on HC will come down to ability to recruit, and a SOLID defensive coordinator. I truly believe the phfucking problem has left the building!

I see why this board is so empty. If Heeke said he wanted a defense that matched the offense, then he needs to take a look at the stats, defense did just as well as offense. We are one of the most balanced teams that CMU has ever seen which is why we're ranked and we never have been before. The 2009 defense is the best that CMU has had in well over 15 years (probably longer than that). With all the missed tackles, lack of tackling, lack of following the ball, pressuring, etc, there hasn't be a defense that has produced or put CMU's defense on the map like the 2009 squad. We led the MAC and the country in defense in 2009, find out when thats been done before. That can be attributed to a healthier and more experienced squad.

I guess we'll just have to see how we fair next year since the "problem" has left the building.

RE: Good Riddance, Mr. Banks! - CHIPPEWA ENEMA - 01-09-2010 07:56 PM

Yes we will, and I'm very much looking forward to it (next year). How do you think we would perform against Boise's defense? I'll take three Robert Jackson's in our backfield over what we have now. Nuff said.

RE: Good Riddance, Mr. Banks! - CHIPPEWA ENEMA - 01-09-2010 08:00 PM

Plus, I would put any CMU defense from the 80's against the current squad.

RE: Good Riddance, Mr. Banks! - chipcaleb - 01-09-2010 08:09 PM

(01-09-2010 08:00 PM)CE-SELLS-GOATS Wrote:  Plus, I would put any CMU defense from the 80's against the current squad.

My point is, CMU hasn't produced on D in many many years. You can talk about the 80's, the 90's and the agressive D we supposedly had in the early 2000's, but none produced the stats and accomplishments that this years D produced. If the D had been so great or so much better before Banks got here then we got hosed on championships, bowl wins, stats and top 25 rankings.

RE: Good Riddance, Mr. Banks! - CHIPPEWA ENEMA - 01-09-2010 08:18 PM

The defensive stats you're looking at appear good because Danny boy, et al bailed their @sses out time and again! If MSucks had gotten the ball back with any time left on the clock, odds are THEIR field goal would have won it. Aguila, also save our collective @sses.

RE: Good Riddance, Mr. Banks! - CHIPPEWA ENEMA - 01-09-2010 08:23 PM

And if by "balance" you mean we give up as much as we score, I would agree with you. That was Kelley's whole philosophy; score, score again and defense be damned.

RE: Good Riddance, Mr. Banks! - chipcaleb - 01-09-2010 08:32 PM

(01-09-2010 08:23 PM)CE-SELLS-GOATS Wrote:  And if by "balance" you mean we give up as much as we score, I would agree with you. That was Kelley's whole philosophy; score, score again and defense be damned.

No I didn't mean balanced that way. We only allowed 17 or 18pt per game, so definitely didn't mean it in terms of scoring.

RE: Good Riddance, Mr. Banks! - chipcaleb - 01-09-2010 08:42 PM

You think Dan bailed the defense out time and again?

RE: Good Riddance, Mr. Banks! - CHIPPEWA ENEMA - 01-09-2010 09:42 PM

Dan, Brian S., Anderson, Kito, Antonio, Paris, Carl. Hell, just look at the stats Troy laid on us. We play in a weak conference, that's what makes the stats look good. I'm not afraid to admit that. I like the MAC, and wouldn't dream of moving to another conference, but I will never validate this defense (excepting Bellore, Berning, and Zombo - and sometimes Knight). It simply was not well coordinated by its respective coaches. It was a defense of obstruction, not containment.

RE: Good Riddance, Mr. Banks! - chipcaleb - 01-09-2010 11:17 PM

(01-09-2010 08:18 PM)CE-SELLS-GOATS Wrote:  The defensive stats you're looking at appear good because Danny boy, et al bailed their @sses out time and again! If MSucks had gotten the ball back with any time left on the clock, odds are THEIR field goal would have won it. Aguila, also save our collective @sses.

(01-09-2010 09:42 PM)CE-SELLS-GOATS Wrote:  Dan, Brian S., Anderson, Kito, Antonio, Paris, Carl. Hell, just look at the stats Troy laid on us. We play in a weak conference, that's what makes the stats look good. I'm not afraid to admit that. I like the MAC, and wouldn't dream of moving to another conference, but I will never validate this defense (excepting Bellore, Berning, and Zombo - and sometimes Knight). It simply was not well coordinated by its respective coaches. It was a defense of obstruction, not containment.

So you'll never validate this defense? Well based on your many post against the defense and Coach Banks, it looks like you have something personal against Banks. I guess fortunately for him, you're not the judge or jury--His career continues to advance, he continues to get courted by other schools, he continues make great money, so the way I see it, he's not doing all that bad and must be doing something right.

RE: Good Riddance, Mr. Banks! - CHIPPEWA ENEMA - 01-10-2010 08:02 PM

Now you're just being as delusional as someone who studies Portuguese irregular verbs. I have absolutely nothing against Tim Banks, as a person/father. I'm sure he's good at both. He was an AVERAGE defensive lineman for the Chips. He was an AVERAGE-AT-BEST defensive coordinator for CMU. I feel that way. Heeke feels that way. You don't. Professional differences. If you don't like what we discuss over here, go over to the Scout.com board with the rest of the lapdog lemmings.

RE: Good Riddance, Mr. Banks! - chipcaleb - 01-10-2010 09:20 PM

CE you're quite entertaining, but need to correct you on something. Banks played DB and he was co-captain of the 94 MAC Championship team, 2 or 3 time ALL MAC and ALL Conference, so he might have played at an AVERAGE university, but certainly not an AVERAGE player there. As for the job he did at CMU, call it what you want, but if he was an AVERAGE DC, then I hate to hear what past DC's were, because it's been status quo around here for many years, bottom of the conference year in and year out and guess that's completely acceptable and leave it to Banks to come in here and change things. I think I have to agree----Good Riddance, go make some other schools defense better!!!

RE: Good Riddance, Mr. Banks! - CHIPPEWA ENEMA - 01-11-2010 12:11 AM

Well, if he was a DB, I'll stand up and take the hit, because I don't remember the guy as a DB at all (which now explains a lot more than previously thought), and why we got our ass kicked by UNLV in the Vegas Bowl (after beating them at home.....I know Pruitt was out of the Bowl game). In any event, I wish him well, but don't come back to MP unless you're there to WATCH a game. Dick Flynn, it's all making sense now.