CSNbbs
Why Not Cincinnati's Tony Pike for Heisman? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Archives (/forum-400.html)
+----- Forum: AACbbs Archives (/forum-418.html)
+------ Forum: Cincinnati Archives (/forum-932.html)
+------ Thread: Why Not Cincinnati's Tony Pike for Heisman? (/thread-387693.html)

Why Not Cincinnati's Tony Pike for Heisman? - bearcats23 - 09-16-2009 08:37 AM

Haven't seen this posted anywhere yet, it's basically a comparison of Pryor, Tebow, and Mccoy to Pike.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/254757-why-not-tony-pike-for-heisman/poll_results#poll

RE: Why Not Cincinnati's Tony Pike for Heisman? - righthook - 09-16-2009 09:53 AM

"Those stats come from roughly five quarters of play."

I think that is the problem right there. Kelly keeps taking him out early, so unfortunately he is not going to have the chance to put up numbers to make the voters take notice of him over one of the others. Even Claussen and Forcier are getting more press than him. For him to be considered alongside Tebow, McCoy, etc., he is going to have to put up some eyepopping numbers.

RE: Why Not Cincinnati's Tony Pike for Heisman? - JunctaJuvant - 09-16-2009 09:58 AM

(09-16-2009 09:53 AM)righthook Wrote:  "Those stats come from roughly five quarters of play."

I think that is the problem right there. Kelly keeps taking him out early, so unfortunately he is not going to have the chance to put up numbers to make the voters take notice of him over one of the others. Even Claussen and Forcier are getting more press than him. For him to be considered alongside Tebow, McCoy, etc., he is going to have to put up some eyepopping numbers.

Plus when you compare him to Tebow you have to remember Tebow has on his resume "Feeds the Hungry", "Brought down Communism" "Stopped Global Warming" and "Cured Cancer".

RE: Why Not Cincinnati's Tony Pike for Heisman? - Coopdaddy67 - 09-16-2009 10:52 AM

Dont forget performs circumcisions.

RE: Why Not Cincinnati's Tony Pike for Heisman? - nachoman91 - 09-16-2009 11:29 AM

(09-16-2009 09:53 AM)righthook Wrote:  "Those stats come from roughly five quarters of play."

I don't disagree with this but I would add that .....
A. Keeping Pike healthy is key so taking him off the field after going up by 40 points is the smart thing to do even at the expense of stats.
B. Winning cures all. Pike doesn't need huge eyepopping stats if UC is winning. If UC goes undefeated and Pike maintains status quo with this stats he'll be in the running at the end. Not saying he'll win, just that people will take notice and he'll be in the top five. A 12-0 UC team will finish the season ranked in the Top 5 so it'll impossible to ignore Pike at that point.

RE: Why Not Cincinnati's Tony Pike for Heisman? - oleskl - 09-16-2009 11:33 AM

The only stat I care about is number of wins.

I feel alot better about that stat with a healthy Pike.

RE: Why Not Cincinnati's Tony Pike for Heisman? - SuperFlyBCat - 09-16-2009 11:44 AM

Heisman consideration goes hand in hand with winning and being ranked in the top ten so I am all for both.

RE: Why Not Cincinnati's Tony Pike for Heisman? - DeMCats - 09-16-2009 08:17 PM

(09-16-2009 09:58 AM)JunctaJuvant Wrote:  

Plus when you compare him to Tebow you have to remember Tebow has on his resume "Feeds the Hungry", "Brought down Communism" "Stopped Global Warming" and "Cured Cancer".

Tebow is also God and Chuck Norris' favorite football player, just saying. Love Pike though.