CSNbbs
"Palin a slut, 14 year daughter a whore" MSNBC defends that.......... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: Archives (/forum-462.html)
+----- Forum: WMU Archives (/forum-939.html)
+----- Thread: "Palin a slut, 14 year daughter a whore" MSNBC defends that.......... (/thread-373435.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

"Palin a slut, 14 year daughter a whore" MSNBC defends that.......... - Chipdip - 06-10-2009 08:48 PM

Dave Letterman made the following joke during his Top 10 list

"She went to the Yankee game the other night. During the seventh inning stretch, A-Rod knocked up her daughter, and then referred to her "David Letterman devoted his Top Ten list to Sarah Palin, calling her look 'slutty flight attendant look."

By the way the daughter who attended the game with her is 14-----yeah, the daughter who Lettermen joked "got knocked up by A-Rod" is 14. Ha ha ha, that's real funny stuff.
03-no

NY lib humor, I don't expect much more. The kicker was when this idiot of a journalist on MSNBC tried to defend it, and totally got her azz kicked. Here ya go, the main stream media at its best

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkxsodBhwkc

By the way Palin was NYC doing a charity walk for Autistic Children. She has an autistic child.

RE: "Palin a slut, 14 year daughter a whore" MSNBC defends that.......... - thegeneral - 06-10-2009 09:04 PM

Palin complaining about Letterman is about as lame as Ibanez complaining about a blogger.

RE: "Palin a slut, 14 year daughter a whore" MSNBC defends that.......... - BroncoPhilly - 06-10-2009 09:32 PM

They don't call it PMSNBC for nothing.

I've seen as bad on FOCKS. Any American who relies on the mainstream media for getting an intelligent report on current events is wasting their time. From one end of the political spectrum to the other they provide dumbed down reports on the distressingly obvious and 'cute' sketches.

Pablum for the masses is what it is, nothing more.

RE: "Palin a slut, 14 year daughter a whore" MSNBC defends that.......... - Chipdip - 06-10-2009 09:56 PM

Quote:yeah, the daughter who Lettermen joked "got knocked up by A-Rod" is 14.
^Indefensible

Off limits, and bad business
[Image: 1189%5C799812.jpg]

Rosie O'donnel got too political and lost her show. Ellen Digenrets got political and lost her first show, but to her credit stopped being political on her talk show and it's very successful. Letterman got his azz kicked by Leno for the same reason. He's become overly political, which does nothing more than piss off a large segment of your audience.

RE: "Palin a slut, 14 year daughter a whore" MSNBC defends that.......... - DesertBronco - 06-10-2009 10:01 PM

Yeah, but saying Elizabeth Edwards was using her cancer for political gain is fair game. Pffft.

RE: "Palin a slut, 14 year daughter a whore" MSNBC defends that.......... - Chipdip - 06-10-2009 10:19 PM

Quote:Yeah, but saying Elizabeth Edwards was using her cancer for political gain is fair game. Pffft.

Since you want to change the subject, can I assume that a 62 year old man making dirty jokes about a 14 year old on national TV is okay in your world? Just askin.............. 04-bs

RE: "Palin a slut, 14 year daughter a whore" MSNBC defends that.......... - Chipdip - 06-10-2009 10:28 PM

Vilified
[Image: Palin-family_799121c.jpg]

Celebrated
Joe Sr. Kennedy ordered that his daughter Rosemary have a lobotomy because she was retarded. He did it without telling Rose Kennedy first.

JFK's had affairs with Marilyn Monroe and many others while he was married.

Ted Kennedy drove a car off a bridge on Massachusetts' Chappaquiddick Island after a party, fatally injuring aide Mary Jo Kopechne. He then left her to die after escaping.

Ted's son Patrick, now a Congressman, sought treatment for cocaine addiction as a teenager.

Joe II Kennedy, tried to get an annulment (instead of a divorce) erasing his 12-year marriage. Joe wanted to remain in the church.

Michael Kennedy had an affair with his family's underage baby sitter.

William Kennedy Smith was accused of rape at the family's Palm Beach, Florida, estate after a party with Uncle Ted.

David Kennedy overdosed in drugs and died in 1984.

Bobby Jr. overdosed on heroin in 1983 while aboard an airplane. He was arrested upon landing.

RE: "Palin a slut, 14 year daughter a whore" MSNBC defends that.......... - BroncoPhilly - 06-10-2009 10:35 PM

The Political Reincarnation of Cariboo Barbie by her greatest fan and supporter, Dip. LOL

RE: "Palin a slut, 14 year daughter a whore" MSNBC defends that.......... - Chipdip - 06-10-2009 10:46 PM

Pretty sad 05-nono

Not one of you has the nards to call what Letterman said indefensible. Apparently political lean trumps right and wrong for some. 03-phew

The girl he joked about is 14
Quote:Dave Letterman made the following joke during his Top 10 list

"She went to the Yankee game the other night. During the seventh inning stretch, A-Rod knocked up her daughter, and then referred to her "David Letterman devoted his Top Ten list to Sarah Palin, calling her look 'slutty flight attendant look."

If that joke is aimed at BC Bronco's 14/15 year old daughter, you okay with it? Or is it different for Palin's kid because her mom is in politics.

RE: "Palin a slut, 14 year daughter a whore" MSNBC defends that.......... - DesertBronco - 06-10-2009 10:47 PM

Quote:Since you want to change the subject,

Oh I'm sorry, are you the only one who is allowed to do that here? Gosh, what was I thinking?03-melodramatic

RE: "Palin a slut, 14 year daughter a whore" MSNBC defends that.......... - BroncoPhilly - 06-10-2009 10:49 PM

Dip, Limbaugh attacks BHO more vehemently and critically than that EVERY DAY and you laugh at him when he does it.

If you choose to put yourself in the public spotlight you have to expect this sort of crap. It goes with the turf. Nobody ever accused Letterman of being nice.

RE: "Palin a slut, 14 year daughter a whore" MSNBC defends that.......... - DesertBronco - 06-10-2009 10:51 PM

(06-10-2009 10:49 PM)BroncoPhilly Wrote:  Dip, Limbaugh attacks BHO more vehemently and critically than that EVERY DAY and you laugh at him when he does it.

If you choose to put yourself in the public spotlight you have to expect this sort of crap. It goes with the turf. Nobody ever accused Letterman of being nice.

Dip thinks everyone needs to be nice to Palin and family. 03-melodramatic

RE: "Palin a slut, 14 year daughter a whore" MSNBC defends that.......... - Chipdip - 06-10-2009 10:58 PM

Quote:Dip, Limbaugh attacks BHO more vehemently

^ BHO isn't a 14 year old girl attending a baseball game with her mom

You don't go after them, and you shouldn't be defending an fu$king
azzhole who made a filthy joke about a 14 year old at a baseball game
with her mom.

[Image: 1189%5C799812.jpg]
[Image: obamadaughters.jpg]

RE: "Palin a slut, 14 year daughter a whore" MSNBC defends that.......... - DesertBronco - 06-10-2009 11:01 PM

Quote:You don't go after them, and you shouldn't be defending an fu$king
azzhole who made a filthy joke about a 14 year old at a baseball game
with her mom.

03-hissyfit

Yeah, you should be defending a a fu$king azzhole who says "take the bone out of your nose" to a caller. Pffft.

Your disdain rings hollow. 03-melodramatic

RE: "Palin a slut, 14 year daughter a whore" MSNBC defends that.......... - BroncoPhilly - 06-10-2009 11:05 PM

Quote:take the bone out of your nose

He's said worse, but Dip doesn't hear it or acknowledge it.

BTW Dip, what does posting factoids about some Kennedy nephew overdosing and dying have to do with political debate?

Whoops!

RE: "Palin a slut, 14 year daughter a whore" MSNBC defends that.......... - Chipdip - 06-11-2009 01:45 AM

Letterman backtracked a little, saying the rape joke was meant for the 19 year old rather than the 14 year old who was at the game. Ohhhhh, that makes it all better 03-no

The azzwipe then extended an offer to Palin and her husband to appear on the show.

Maybe Palin's husband should go on the show...........and kick his f^&king azz.

RE: "Palin a slut, 14 year daughter a whore" MSNBC defends that.......... - ESSSS - 06-11-2009 06:41 AM

How funny was that MSNBC youtube interview ?

The lady said she was OK being called a slut (in the past) but she was "insulted" by this guy's comments about her network. LOL!!!

BTW...I'm no SP fan.

RE: "Palin a slut, 14 year daughter a whore" MSNBC defends that.......... - BCBronco - 06-11-2009 07:04 AM

Quote:If that joke is aimed at BC Bronco's 14/15 year old daughter, you okay with it? Or is it different for Palin's kid because her mom is in politics.

Dude, why you dragging me into to it? I don't have a dog in this fight. But.........I do agree with you bout Letterman.

Unlike some on this board, I tend to de-link my political leanings from any one individual and his behavior. As as married man, I thought Clinton's behavior was abhorant. Liked him as a politician, not as a man.

On the other hand, you got McCain dumping his auto acident-disfigured wife for a new trophy wife. From what I can tell, most of these folks are A-moral, on both sides of the isle. Most are not above reproach from what I can tell.

RE: "Palin a slut, 14 year daughter a whore" MSNBC defends that.......... - MajorHoople - 06-11-2009 07:56 AM

You do know Lettermen is a comedian (and a late night one at that), right?

People's tastes in humor as all else run in different directions. That joke was a little over the line for me. Public figures, and by extension their families (your Kennedy family history for example, dippie) are targets for slings and arrows fairly and unfairly. Letterman's bit was hyperbolic and shouldn't be taken too seriously.

Depends somewhat on whose ox is getting gored too. As crass as it was, I've heard worse (see: Coulter, Ann, eg.)

RE: "Palin a slut, 14 year daughter a whore" MSNBC defends that.......... - ESSSS - 06-11-2009 08:25 AM

Quote:People's tastes in humor as all else run in different directions.

No doubt.

If Letterman had called Michelle Obama a slut, and made a sexual reference to the Obama girls (incest, molestation, etc.) the reaction would be the same, right?