CSNbbs
Western Illinois Game Thread - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: ASunbbs (/forum-341.html)
+---- Forum: Atlantic Sun Team Talk (/forum-319.html)
+----- Forum: Kennesaw State (/forum-336.html)
+----- Thread: Western Illinois Game Thread (/thread-327550.html)

Pages: 1 2

Western Illinois Game Thread - KennesawBasketball - 11-14-2008 09:27 AM

First game tonight!!!! Can't wait to see the Owls in action (watching ASun.tv for me of course). Anyone going to the game? Anyone watching on ASun.tv? Time to get the season started....

RE: Western Illinois Game Thread - Escalade2121 - 11-14-2008 11:35 AM

I'm so psyched!!!! It's 11:30 and I'm already decked out in my Kennesaw State basketball shirt ready to go! I'll be there. I have to go to the library to work on a paper, and if i can accomplish what I want to while I'm there, I'm going to try to get out and catch some of the Northern Illinois/Maine game that starts at 5:00. haha, I just thought of something I'll have my laptop with me I could theoretically post mid-game. probably won't though, too much hassle. Anyways, here's to a good season, and if nothing else, a good opening weekend.

RE: Western Illinois Game Thread - Escalade2121 - 11-14-2008 01:44 PM

an interesting thing just happened to me. i just arrived to the school way early to do some work on a paper in library. well, on my way in from the east deck i decided to stop by and check out the convocation center. ironically western illinois was going through a walkthrough for tonight's game. i didn't go into the arena, but i was watching through a window in one of the doors. they noticed me gazing in and made me leave. I suppose it was the kennesaw state on my t-shirt. who knows, interesting thing though, just thought i'd share.

oh yea, one more side note, as i was walking out one of the side doors of the convocation center ladaris green was walking in. he's absolutely huge! too bad we wont get to see him in action till next season.

RE: Western Illinois Game Thread - Nick M - 11-14-2008 01:45 PM

I'll be there in person. Gotta see what we got before I start dealing with low res online viewing. Going to keep my roster sheet handy with all the new guys.

RE: Western Illinois Game Thread - KSUowl0003 - 11-14-2008 02:27 PM

I will be watching tonight on ASUN

RE: Western Illinois Game Thread - KennesawBasketball - 11-14-2008 03:58 PM

Ladaris has all of the tools to be a very good player. Hopefully he is using his redshirt year to hit the books, get ahead in his classes, and also hit the weight room.

RE: Western Illinois Game Thread - Escalade2121 - 11-14-2008 04:17 PM

one thing i'd like to see tonight that about got on my last nerve last season is ball movement. i remember discussing this last season, but it's worth bringing up again. there were times last year when we'd bring the ball up the court and dribble it around until about 10 seconds left on the shot clock. i couldn't stand that! I'm hoping to see some good passing tonight. That's one thing ive learned from watching the nba extensively so far this season (hawks hot start). that is to move the ball around, and a lot of times one extra pass allows for a wide open jumper. we'll see what it looks like tonight.

RE: Western Illinois Game Thread - KennesawBasketball - 11-14-2008 04:49 PM

Here is the hard part Escalade...we keep having young teams. The more we whip the ball around the perimeter the more turnovers we are going to have. I agree with you that we need ball movement, but we also need to limit turnovers...that is a very FINE line with a young team. My guess is that movement will be limited early in the year, and the offense will open up some as the year progresses.

We will probably have a lot of isolations, as we have several guards that can now penetrate into the lane.

RE: Western Illinois Game Thread - Escalade2121 - 11-14-2008 05:15 PM

just a little update. 5 1/2 mins into the game and the score is a whopping 8-2 maine. both offenses look somewhat lethargic but NIU looks completely lost in the early going

RE: Western Illinois Game Thread - KennesawBasketball - 11-14-2008 05:21 PM

Good hopefully whoever we play tomorrow night is just as worthless the entire game :) At this point in the year I am not looking for a moral victory against a good team, I would rather win against a team that had a bad night any day of the week.

RE: Western Illinois Game Thread - Corn_3024 - 11-14-2008 07:39 PM

Well, we're off to a fast start thats good to see. Mitchell in street clothes but I think that was expected. Also glad to see Woods get the start..

RE: Western Illinois Game Thread - KSUowl0003 - 11-14-2008 08:12 PM

The announcers have it right this year we are playing as a whole team and not waiting for one person to run the whole team like last year.

That said you have to stll love everything Ronnell and Shaun did for us two great Owls

RE: Western Illinois Game Thread - KennesawBasketball - 11-14-2008 08:21 PM

Great first half. We aren't going to shoot this well every game, but the effort is there on defense, and we are spreading the wealth around on offense. Great ball movement for the most part, and you can't say enough about JMac and JD during the first half. They were on fire.

The sad part about this game is that we are missing 2 of our best players in Markeith and Mitchell...will be really nice when we get them back. Our guard play is looking very solid so far. We have a bunch of freshman playing, so hopefully they will come out and play another solid half of basketball. If we do that we will come away with our first win of the season.

Go Owls!

RE: Western Illinois Game Thread - Corn_3024 - 11-14-2008 08:43 PM

I think we're seeing a glimpse of what Ingle was talking about when referring to Woods. Sensational game for a freshman in his first college game.

RE: Western Illinois Game Thread - KSUowl0003 - 11-14-2008 08:50 PM

How is the attendance looking from anyone that went to the game

RE: Western Illinois Game Thread - KennesawBasketball - 11-14-2008 09:12 PM

Attendance sure didn't look good on ASun.tv, but we were looking at the away side the entire game. Great game by the Owls. Hopefully we come to play tomorrow night and win the 100 Club Classic.

RE: Western Illinois Game Thread - Bucfaithful - 11-14-2008 09:21 PM

Impressive victory-congrats.

RE: Western Illinois Game Thread - Escalade2121 - 11-14-2008 09:26 PM

so im on the internet in my car in the parking deck killing time before the hockey game. that was a superbly played game. as far as the attendance, there was a little less that i expected but overall a good turnout...late arriving crowd. the most pleasant surprise for me was as probably everyone else, kurtis woods. that ally oop was sick. he also had some clutch threes. i think on a personal note that i underestimated spencer dixon. he is a good player man, sinking all those threes. like you said we won't shoot the lights out like that all the time, but i have no doubt that we can run with belmont, and any other team in our conference for that matter if we play like we did in the first half. you kinda got the sense we slowed it up and played conservatively in the 2nd. can't say enough about jd. he was on fire tonight on both sides of the ball. one thing i noticed tonight that you wouldnt have been able to on the broadcast was the camaraderie of the players, the veteran players like jmac and jd among others were talking to and almost "coaching" if you will the younger players. only player tonight that looked like he might've had jitters was artie marine, he'll be alright. i decided something at the exhibition that was reaffirmed tonight, zadrian gibson (#33) has the best hops on the team. i didnt catch the end of the other game, so i dont know who we're playing tomorrow, but regardless i think we have a good chance to win. one last thing i think its important to note that we lost to WIU on the road last season. they have a new coach so theres something to be said there, but if you can take anything from 1 game, which probably isnt much, its that if our freshman can step up a little bit, we are going to surprise some people this year. i think preseason pick #8 in conference is a little low. but we shall see

RE: Western Illinois Game Thread - Escalade2121 - 11-14-2008 09:31 PM

just checked...its the University of Maine Black Bears vs. Kennesaw State University Fighting Owls tomorrow at 7:30 in the championship game of the 100 Club Classic

RE: Western Illinois Game Thread - KennesawBasketball - 11-14-2008 09:41 PM

I am just glad that we started off the season with a win. Winning against Maine would be unbelievable considering our injury and redshirt situation. Lets hope the young guns can keep up the defensive intensity.