CSNbbs
100 Club Classic predictions - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: ASunbbs (/forum-341.html)
+---- Forum: Atlantic Sun Team Talk (/forum-319.html)
+----- Forum: Kennesaw State (/forum-336.html)
+----- Thread: 100 Club Classic predictions (/thread-327077.html)

Pages: 1 2

100 Club Classic predictions - Escalade2121 - 11-12-2008 02:25 AM

It might be hard to determine at this point how our team will stack up against these teams, but I thought just two days outside of the season it'd be fun to do.

I think we can win both nights. This is my key to the weekend though, and quite frankly it can be argued for the key to the year. When John Allison or Jay Mitchell, or any experience player gets in foul trouble early, how will our young bench respond?

If we can get decent production out of our talented young bench, I think the Owls finish the weekend 2-0.

Thoughts?

RE: 100 Club Classic predictions - Owls Basketball - 11-12-2008 09:55 AM

I agree I think we can win both games and our young players will be key. I think to win the second night is going to be much more difficult than beating Western Illiniois. Maine and Northern Illinois are much better teams. Northern Illiniois is going to be much improved from their team last year and I have heard that Maine is better than they were last year too. Also, if Jay Mitchell plays we have to remember he hasn't played alot in 3 years and 3 years ago he got hurt not to mention the surgeries he has had since being at KSU. Its going to be interesting how much he will be able to play and how effective he will be especially in the second game. It will be a good tournament and we do have a chance but it would not be a big upset if we get beat the second night.

RE: 100 Club Classic predictions - KennesawBasketball - 11-12-2008 10:58 AM

Since we haven't seen Mitchell or Cummings in game action, my guess is that we will be playing without them this first tournament and maybe longer. We are going to have to win with young guard play, and hopefully Allison has taken a step forward. Our post rotation will be Allison, Polo, and JMac it looks like until we can get Mitchell and Cummings healthy. Who knows when that will be though. I like our young guards, and it seems as though we have enough talent to play the hot hand on a nightly basis. I think we will probably see a lot of full court, and high intensity, aggressive half court defenses that take advantage of our size and speed.

I sure hope that Mitchell and Cummings can get ready, but I am not expecting it for this first tournament. I WOULD LOVE TO BE WRONG THOUGH :)

RE: 100 Club Classic predictions - Go Fly Win Owls! - 11-12-2008 11:01 AM

Naturally, I would like to see us win both games, but it is just a matter of time before someone gets on here with a negative attitude. Or in other words, hating.

There is going to be some good basketball played this weekend and if the Owls come out inspired the way they were against North Greenville, we can be 2-0. Now haters - listen carefully. I am not saying that these teams will be as easy as North Greenville was, but my feelings are that we can have the same effort and we can control our destiny by sharing the ball from the inside out and rebounding. We also have to give help on defense, especially inside.

Western Illinois has 2 players that look for each other on offense and they are very good. But I think playing at home, we can take the rebounding battle if we can get 3 guys to step up in double figures rebounds or close to it. Looking at their roster, we are a bigger team than Western Illinois. There is no excuse for us not to be able to win that battle. We must also get into the paint and share the ball. Great teams do this. Realistically, the young guys may have a few turnovers, but they can make up for that with hustle and ball pressure.

As for the other side of the bracket, My gut feel is that we will only have to worry about Northern Illinois. Somebody said above that Maine was improved. They didn't have a choice and they are still horrible. They have nothing for Northern Illinois. I would love to see us play at our place for the championship against them. They have 1 outstanding player that is hard nosed but cannot shoot from the outside. Their coaches are good; Ricardo Patton came from Colorado but couldn't turn the corner there. They have an assistant named Sundance Wicks that doesn't really know enough about talent to recruit on that level. He has been with Patton for 3 years. The game will be interesting. We need to pull it off because next week, Clark won't go down easy. They took a big Georgia State to the wire last week. And next Friday we are James Madison's home opener, so we need to take care of business at home over the next few days.

RE: 100 Club Classic predictions - Corn_3024 - 11-12-2008 12:12 PM

Go, Fly, Win, Owls! Wrote:Naturally, I would like to see us win both games, but it is just a matter of time before someone gets on here with a negative attitude. Or in other words, hating.

There is going to be some good basketball played this weekend and if the Owls come out inspired the way they were against North Greenville, we can be 2-0. Now haters - listen carefully. I am not saying that these teams will be as easy as North Greenville was, but my feelings are that we can have the same effort and we can control our destiny by sharing the ball from the inside out and rebounding. We also have to give help on defense, especially inside.

Western Illinois has 2 players that look for each other on offense and they are very good. But I think playing at home, we can take the rebounding battle if we can get 3 guys to step up in double figures rebounds or close to it. Looking at their roster, we are a bigger team than Western Illinois. There is no excuse for us not to be able to win that battle. We must also get into the paint and share the ball. Great teams do this. Realistically, the young guys may have a few turnovers, but they can make up for that with hustle and ball pressure.

As for the other side of the bracket, My gut feel is that we will only have to worry about Northern Illinois. Somebody said above that Maine was improved. They didn't have a choice and they are still horrible. They have nothing for Northern Illinois. I would love to see us play at our place for the championship against them. They have 1 outstanding player that is hard nosed but cannot shoot from the outside. Their coaches are good; Ricardo Patton came from Colorado but couldn't turn the corner there. They have an assistant named Sundance Wicks that doesn't really know enough about talent to recruit on that level. He has been with Patton for 3 years. The game will be interesting. We need to pull it off because next week, Clark won't go down easy. They took a big Georgia State to the wire last week. And next Friday we are James Madison's home opener, so we need to take care of business at home over the next few days.

So if someone doesn't think we'll win every game, we're a hating? Funny. I hope to go 1-1 in the tourney. 2-0 would be great but I will be very content with a .500 start against this competition.

My prediction is that we lose to Western Illinois and beat Main in the consolation game. Realism and negativity do differ.

RE: 100 Club Classic predictions - Owls Basketball - 11-12-2008 01:05 PM

I have heard that Mitchell will play this weekend but it will still be a few more weeks before we know about Cummings.

RE: 100 Club Classic predictions - Go Fly Win Owls! - 11-12-2008 01:26 PM

'So if someone doesn't think we'll win every game, we're a hating? Funny.'

Funny ...

No not we, just you.

The guilty parties are usually the first to speak up 05-nono

RE: 100 Club Classic predictions - Owlzfan84 - 11-12-2008 01:33 PM

I hope with Cummings, if he cant play, they'll be able to redshirt him.

As with the tourney, Western Illinois is not that good, and what also helps us out, their not that big either. Their a pretty small team. Ksu is a very talented defensive team, though raw. They are very quick and like to pressure. We'll cause a lot of turnovers, and if we can capitalize on them we should have an easy night. Northern Illinois on paper is the best team.

Were capable of going 2-0, and thats what i want to see, but it wont be easy with Northern Illinois.

RE: 100 Club Classic predictions - KennesawBasketball - 11-12-2008 03:36 PM

I would love to just start out 1-0 :) If Mitchell can play that is a big boost, even if he can only give us 10-15 minutes for the first couple of games. He practiced all of last year, so even though this is his first year, he has a lot of practice time, and should be very familiar with our offensive and defensive sets.

RE: 100 Club Classic predictions - KennesawBasketball - 11-12-2008 03:38 PM

OwlsFan84 - About Cummings...I wish we knew more about that situation. Seems like he could be a real difference maker out there. I feel confident that Ingle and Cummings will make a decision that benefits the individual just as much as the program. We need him now, but we also want him to have a chance to make the best use of his college eligibility. Redshirting would be great longterm, but man it would hurt this year. It will be interesting to see what comes of his situation. Hopefully everything is ok with him, and that whatever is going on is just a temporary setback on his time at Kennesaw.

RE: 100 Club Classic predictions - Go Fly Win Owls! - 11-12-2008 03:55 PM

According to what I read we should win the club 100 this weekend based on rankings ...

http://www.collegehoopsnet.com/preview/2008/top341.htm

RE: 100 Club Classic predictions - maxxhead - 11-12-2008 04:34 PM

Good article in the MDJ today

http://www.mdjonline.com

RE: 100 Club Classic predictions - Nick M - 11-12-2008 05:29 PM

Full link: http://www.mdjonline.com/content/index/showcontentitem/area/2/section/13/item/122318.html

RE: 100 Club Classic predictions - Corn_3024 - 11-12-2008 05:32 PM

Go, Fly, Win, Owls! Wrote:'So if someone doesn't think we'll win every game, we're a hating? Funny.'

Funny ...

No not we, just you.

The guilty parties are usually the first to speak up 05-nono

So if i don't think we'll win every game, I'm a hater. Great logic. The facts are we have very little returning from last year. OOC scheduling is weak, and a .500 season would be beyond a success.

RE: 100 Club Classic predictions - kevster - 11-12-2008 05:37 PM

My prediction:

LOSS

LOSS

RE: 100 Club Classic predictions - KennesawBasketball - 11-12-2008 06:10 PM

Corn no worries - we all know you are a good fan. You are being realistic, I personally fall more in line with your thinking. I hope we win ever game we play, but the fact is that we have a ton of talent redshirting (Heramb and Green) a ton of talent that is eligible to play but is injured (Mitchell and Cummings) and a bunch of players that are new to our system. Our talent level is growing in leaps and bounds, but we have to be realistic about our chances this year. I agree that a .500 season would be a great step considering our redshirt and injury situation. If we are able to split this first tournament I would be pretty satisfied as well. Always good to get that first win under your belt...I am hoping we get it that first game, but remember that we are playing a team that we lost to last year, and we graduated our top two players and transferred out our starting PF. While I like our potential, we have a lot of work to do. There will be some bumps in the road...

RE: 100 Club Classic predictions - KennesawBasketball - 11-12-2008 06:11 PM

Go, Fly, Win, Owls! Wrote:According to what I read we should win the club 100 this weekend based on rankings ...

GFWO - I doubt that anyone can predict the bottom half of college basketball with any sort of legitimacy at this point in the year. I love your enthusiasm, but those rankings are most likely garbage.

RE: 100 Club Classic predictions - Go Fly Win Owls! - 11-12-2008 06:22 PM

KennesawBasketball Wrote:
Go, Fly, Win, Owls! Wrote:According to what I read we should win the club 100 this weekend based on rankings ...

GFWO - I doubt that anyone can predict the bottom half of college basketball with any sort of legitimacy at this point in the year. I love your enthusiasm, but those rankings are most likely garbage.

Very true, Kennesawbasketball they may be garbage, but the point is to look for something positive to go on. ANYBODY can find something negative to talk about all the time (look at post history for tone validation). It takes more effort to be positive, even if it is unrealistic.

That's all.

Like I said before, the haters usually come to the forefront and it happened this time with a minor invitation. At least we know about Kevster and he has an excuse -- he is not SUPPOSED to be cheering for us and he is not PRETENDING. Haters go to extremes to hate. We will not win every game, but we should shoot to win as many as possible at home.

RE: 100 Club Classic predictions - kevster - 11-12-2008 06:26 PM

I'll take that as a compliment, Thank you, GFWO!

Actually, I've become quite the Kennesawian. I've stayed in Kennesaw hotels a few times this year. Attended church at FBC Kennesaw (not even a Baptist) and attended a funeral just two weeks ago at the National Cemetery just east of Kennesaw. Heck, I even went car shopping in Kennesaw this year (pumping up the local economy and all).

Therefore, I suggest that I have legitimate interest in Kennesaw State and can be considered a disgruntled "homer."

Still haven't run into the campus. They must have hidden it somewhere...

RE: 100 Club Classic predictions - Corn_3024 - 11-12-2008 07:10 PM

Go, Fly, Win, Owls! Wrote:
KennesawBasketball Wrote:

Very true, Kennesawbasketball they may be garbage, but the point is to look for something positive to go on. ANYBODY can find something negative to talk about all the time (look at post history for tone validation). It takes more effort to be positive, even if it is unrealistic.

That's all.

Like I said before, the haters usually come to the forefront and it happened this time with a minor invitation. At least we know about Kevster and he has an excuse -- he is not SUPPOSED to be cheering for us and he is not PRETENDING. Haters go to extremes to hate. We will not win every game, but we should shoot to win as many as possible at home.

I usually find its easier to be positive. Its easy to overhype your own team and not know much about your opponents. Its rare a fan picks where there team will finish off logic. Will I be cheering for KSU every game? Of course. Do I think we will win ever game? Of course not. Take last season for example.. Most everyone on this board was picking us to finish 2nd or 3rd in conference. I was hoping for .500.. being overly optimistic for no reason is simply pointless. KB is usually right there with me on these thoughts. We all want the best for KSU, but even Ingle says its going to take time.