CSNbbs
WTF is the "Office of the President Elect?" - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: WTF is the "Office of the President Elect?" (/thread-326196.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

WTF is the "Office of the President Elect?" - WoodlandsOwl - 11-07-2008 09:26 PM

WTF?

Obama has an "official" website http://www.change.gov that declares itself to be the "Office of the President Elect"

However, there is NO SUCH OFFICIAL OFFICE in the US Government Directory.

While the President Elect is entitled to government funding for his transition, there is no official authority for this title.

In fact, until the Electorial College meets and counts the votes, and makes the election official, Obama isn't the "President Elect" at all.

This really pisses me off since it implies that Obama is some sort of "Co-President" with Bush for the next 2 + months. He isn't.

Is this what we should get used to for the next few years?

RE: WTF is the "Office of the President Elect?" - smn1256 - 11-07-2008 09:40 PM

WMD Owl Wrote:Is this what we should get used to for the next few years?
Wait until we build a golden throne, crown and scepter for Obama to sit on, wear and rule with. After that we'll begin building the pyramid which will be his ceremonial resting place from which some day he'll rise from.

RE: WTF is the "Office of the President Elect?" - Rebel - 11-07-2008 09:41 PM

He even has press conferences:

[Image: r2506297813.jpg?x=400&y=194&...vM4dtKIw--]

RE: WTF is the "Office of the President Elect?" - firmbizzle - 11-07-2008 09:57 PM

There is no "Western White House" either. In all seriousness there are too many problems to BS for 2 months. He needs to organize now so that they can be ready on day 1. I don't think GWB minds, he can't wait to get back to Crawford.

RE: WTF is the "Office of the President Elect?" - Memphis Blazer - 11-07-2008 10:16 PM

The difference is that the media created the term of "Western White House" probably dating back to Nixon and San Clemente. "Office of the President Elect" was created by Obama and friends.

RE: WTF is the "Office of the President Elect?" - WoodlandsOwl - 11-07-2008 10:23 PM

Memphis Blazer Wrote:The difference is that the media created the term of "Western White House" probably dating back to Nixon and San Clemente. "Office of the President Elect" was created by Obama and friends.

Already the GSA, which gave Obama Transition Team the "change.gov" website is getting flack about the "Office of the President Elect" stuff, and may make Obama change the website from an official US government domain back to his .com if he wants to use the fake title.

RE: WTF is the "Office of the President Elect?" - Rebel - 11-07-2008 10:28 PM

Ain't the first time this arrogant prick did something like this.

[Image: Obama%27s%20great%20seal%20small-thumb-425x660.jpg]

RE: WTF is the "Office of the President Elect?" - Rebel - 11-07-2008 10:33 PM

Oh, and can someone please send this dude a history book?

"Greatest Economic Challenge of our Lifetimes"

[Image: bs.gif]

RE: WTF is the "Office of the President Elect?" - WoodlandsOwl - 11-07-2008 10:43 PM

Rebel Wrote:Ain't the first time this arrogant prick did something like this.

[Image: Obama%27s%20great%20seal%20small-thumb-425x660.jpg]

I pray every night that the members of the Electorial College see in their minds what Obama can/will do, and change their votes.

RE: WTF is the "Office of the President Elect?" - blah - 11-07-2008 10:47 PM

Rebel Wrote:Oh, and can someone please send this dude a history book?

"Greatest Economic Challenge of our Lifetimes"

[Image: bs.gif]

By the time this guy is done, it will probably be the "Greatest Economic Challenge". I still haven't figured out if that will be because he made it worse (probable) or because he re-wrote the history books (believable).

RE: WTF is the "Office of the President Elect?" - Fo Shizzle - 11-07-2008 10:55 PM

Oh please....You guys are letting your partisanship cloud you rational thought processes. I could not give a rats ass about this guy or any other control freak politician...but..it's quite obvious to me that the communication is from the office of the President Elect.....as in a physical office....NOT from a title of....the Office of the President Elect.

Man is this getting silly03-lmfao

RE: WTF is the "Office of the President Elect?" - Rebel - 11-07-2008 10:56 PM

Fo Shizzle Wrote:Oh please....You guys are letting your partisanship cloud you rational thought processes. I could not give a rats ass about this guy or any other control freak politician...but..it's quite obvious to me that the communication is from the office of the President Elect.....as in a physical office....NOT from a title of....the Office of the President Elect.

You hear who's on his advisory committee for the economy? The governor of Michigan. Yes, I said it, the governor of the most economically-depressed state in the union.

RE: WTF is the "Office of the President Elect?" - Fo Shizzle - 11-07-2008 11:10 PM

Rebel Wrote:
Fo Shizzle Wrote:Oh please....You guys are letting your partisanship cloud you rational thought processes. I could not give a rats ass about this guy or any other control freak politician...but..it's quite obvious to me that the communication is from the office of the President Elect.....as in a physical office....NOT from a title of....the Office of the President Elect.

You hear who's on his advisory committee for the economy? The governor of Michigan. Yes, I said it, the governor of the most economically-depressed state in the union.

I have a really surprised look on my face at anything a politician does...NOT03-lmfao

Man..When are people going to understand that these control freaks don't give a damn about them and only care about furthering their idealisms and lust for power?05-stirthepot

RE: WTF is the "Office of the President Elect?" - Rebel - 11-07-2008 11:15 PM

Barack is picking out his cabinet like a kid who picks his friends for dodge ball.

RE: WTF is the "Office of the President Elect?" - smn1256 - 11-07-2008 11:16 PM

Rebel Wrote:

Worse yet, Obama selected Antonio Villairagossa, the mayor of LA. This guy is a flaming liberal who never met a camera he didn't like. I know politicains love cameras but this guy goes waaaaaay over the top. The LA Times even did an article on him documenting how much time he spent doing everything else but his job. When a lib gets nailed by the LA Times you know things have got to be pretty bad.

RE: WTF is the "Office of the President Elect?" - Fo Shizzle - 11-07-2008 11:41 PM

Rebel Wrote:Barack is picking out his cabinet like a kid who picks his friends for dodge ball.

Again...I have a look of surprise on my face..NOT!

Politician scumbags all do the same thing regardless of the gang they are a member of.......Reward their friends and punish their enemies.05-stirthepot

RE: WTF is the "Office of the President Elect?" - OUBOBCATJOHN - 11-07-2008 11:47 PM

I think its a temporary office created for protocol. Too be fair to Obama I don't think he is the first to have "office of the president Elect" on a podium following an election. I think I remember GWB and Clinton having the same type of signage too. Bush had a much shorter time as president elect due to the 2000 challanges by the Gore campaign reguarding the results. Also this press conference wasn't part of the congress, so he couldn't use the US Senate seal. The election is over, so the campaign seal wouldn't be appropiate either.

RE: WTF is the "Office of the President Elect?" - Tripster - 11-08-2008 12:03 AM

You guyz best watch what you say about Obama .... his new "Chief of Leg Breaking and Building Bombing", Sire William Ayers will come and try and blow you up.

Mind you he is so dumb that he killed most of "His Own Flunky's", but that still does not make him not dangerous, and idiot yes, a Fundamentalist Goofball yes, a genius Hail NO ..... but he is O' Bam Bam's man of men and soon, I am sure, Osama will be having steak and eggs in the Oval Office as he and Obama go over the days Terror Skivvies ….. errr ….. Briefs.

I just hope Obama doesn't like CIGARS ..... 04-jawdrop 03-puke

RE: WTF is the "Office of the President Elect?" - OUBOBCATJOHN - 11-08-2008 12:07 AM

On the other hand he had to retract his "nancy reagan" wisecrack about speaking with only with dead presidents. Joe Biden must have been proud of Barrack for putting his foot in mouth in the very first presser. He went into more detail about his dog than the economy. Didn't even get a question on the Russian military developments. Media seems to be asleep at the switch I guess W will get the hard question on the Russians since he is the one running the country. In 75 days Obama will get those hardball questions perhaps. Is it too much to ask the press core to ask him those kind of questions. This guy is in the big leagues now and should be getting fastballs now thrown at him. Did even ask Fox or the Washington Post reporters for there questions.

RE: WTF is the "Office of the President Elect?" - Fo Shizzle - 11-08-2008 12:11 AM

OUBOBCATJOHN Wrote:I think its a temporary office created for protocol. Too be fair to Obama I don't think he is the first to have "office of the president Elect" on a podium following an election. I think I remember GWB and Clinton having the same type of signage too. Bush had a much shorter time as president elect due to the 2000 challanges by the Gore campaign reguarding the results. Also this press conference wasn't part of the congress, so he couldn't use the US Senate seal. The election is over, so the campaign seal wouldn't be appropiate either.

While it doe seem the Obama camp has taken this to another level...Its not of real importance and is a distraction from the issues.

If you are correct that this is not something new....It serves is an example of how things tend to grow and expand over time in governmental systems.....This is just the first time anyone has noticed this...Obama has taken this to the "next level" of prominence...All government systems inherently do the same thing...gradually build upon the past and expand beyond their original bounds. It is why government can NEVER be restrained.05-stirthepot