CSNbbs
Obama out to wreck the coal industry... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Obama out to wreck the coal industry... (/thread-324960.html)

Pages: 1 2

Obama out to wreck the coal industry... - WoodlandsOwl - 11-02-2008 07:21 PM

Could this cost him Pennsylvania, Ohio, parts of Virginia, etc?

Obama's environmental war on coal fired electric utilities

Imagine if John McCain had whispered somewhere that he was willing to bankrupt a major industry? Would this declaration not immediately be front page news? Well, Barack Obama actually flat out told the San Francisco Chronicle (SF Gate) that he was willing to see the coal industry go bankrupt in a January 17, 2008 interview. The result? Nothing. This audio interview has been hidden from the public...until now. Here is the transcript of Obama's statement about bankrupting the coal industry (emphasis mine):

http://media.newsbusters.org/stories/hidden-audio-obama-tells-sf-chronicle-he-will-bankrupt-coal-industry.html?q=blogs/p-j-gladnick/2008/11/02/hidden-audio-obama-tells-sf-chronicle-he-will-bankrupt-coal-industry

RE: Obama out to wreck the coal industry... - BeliefBlazer - 11-02-2008 07:23 PM

I think his decision not to campaign in the final days has cost him Pennsylvania. The guns & religion comment earlier in the year certainly didn't help, and neither did big mouth Murtha

RE: Obama out to wreck the coal industry... - WoodlandsOwl - 11-02-2008 07:50 PM

BamaBlazer Wrote:I think his decision not to campaign in the final days has cost him Pennsylvania. The guns & religion comment earlier in the year certainly didn't help, and neither did big mouth Murtha

Palin is already putting it in her stump speech in Ohio. This could tip Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia

RE: Obama out to wreck the coal industry... - RobertN - 11-02-2008 08:11 PM

Is there a emoticon for desperation? 05-stirthepot

RE: Obama out to wreck the coal industry... - WoodlandsOwl - 11-02-2008 08:27 PM

RobertN Wrote:Is there a emoticon for desperation? 05-stirthepot

Robert, I think McCain will pull it out. It might take some re-counts in multiple states, but I think he will win.

It isn't over until Tuesday night--- if then..

RE: Obama out to wreck the coal industry... - RobertN - 11-02-2008 08:59 PM

WMD Owl Wrote:

Robert, I think McCain will pull it out. It might take some re-counts in multiple states, but I think he will win.

I am sure there will be some re-counts after thousands of democratic votes were mysteriously "lost". 03-lmfao

RE: Obama out to wreck the coal industry... - BeliefBlazer - 11-02-2008 09:10 PM

WMD Owl Wrote:Robert, I think McCain will pull it out.

I'm starting to think that too. No one can blow an election like the Democrats.

RE: Obama out to wreck the coal industry... - Machiavelli - 11-02-2008 09:18 PM

NEWSbusters!

If there's something strange in your neighborhood
Who you gonna call?
Newsbusters!
If there's something weird and it don't look good
Who you gonna call?
Ghostbusters!

I ain't afraid of no Obama
I ain't afraid of no Obama

If you're seeing Democrats running through your head
Who can you call?
Newsbusters!
An invisible man sleeping in your bed
Oh, who you gonna call?
Newsbusters!

I aint afraid of no election
I aint afraid of no election

You right wingers keep reading these sites of impeccable integrity while the rest of the world justs moves along without you.

RE: Obama out to wreck the coal industry... - Fort Bend Owl - 11-02-2008 09:24 PM

He's been saying clean coal from day one. This isn't new but you can fool yourselves into believing anything you want if it helps you sleep a little better at night.

RE: Obama out to wreck the coal industry... - smn1256 - 11-02-2008 10:02 PM

WMD Owl Wrote:Imagine if John McCain had whispered somewhere that he was willing to bankrupt a major industry? Would this declaration not immediately be front page news?
Nodoby is going to say anything bad about Obama because they'll be kicked off the campaign tour bus/jet. It's already happened.

RE: Obama out to wreck the coal industry... - RobertN - 11-02-2008 11:08 PM

You know NC Herd Fan must be furious. If this is true, that means a lot of West Virginians will be out of a job. This means a decrease in the pay for Marshall's props and the use of used mops. 05-stirthepot

I kid Herd Fan. It would be bad to see people lose their jobs whether they are in WV or Michigan.

RE: Obama out to wreck the coal industry... - WoodlandsOwl - 11-03-2008 02:44 AM

Fort Bend Owl Wrote:He's been saying clean coal from day one. This isn't new but you can fool yourselves into believing anything you want if it helps you sleep a little better at night.

They have been against coal period....

The senior vice president of the West Virginia Coal Association called Obama's comments "unbelievable."

"His comments are unfortunate," Chris Hamilton said Sunday, "and really reflect a very uninformed voice and perspective to coal specifically and energy generally."

Hamilton noted other times Obama and vice presidential candidate Joe Biden have made seemingly anti-coal statements.

"In Ohio recently, when Joe Biden said 'not here' about building coal-fired power plants -- this is exactly what will happen," Hamilton said. "Financing won't be directed here. It will all go aboard for plants elsewhere in the world. The United Sates is importing more coal today from Indonesia, South Africa and Colombia than we ever have.

"If we're going to create a situation where coal-fired power plants are at that much of a disadvantage, there will be new ones built. But as Biden said, just not here."

Republican presidential candidate John McCain's state director said Obama's statements are troubling, especially for West Virginians.

"I think this clearly shows the attitude the Obama-Biden ticket has toward coal," Ben Beakes said Sunday. "Rhetoric is cheap, but behind closed doors what they tell their supporters - that's what we have to take as gospel.

"They're definitely not friends of coal."

Beakes noted other examples of Obama and Biden making seemingly anti-coal statements, such as in February when Obama said he'd like to tax "dirty energy" such as coal and natural gas.

"And their cohorts in Congress make similar statements," Beakes said. "(Senate Majority Leader) Harry Reid (D-Nevada) said this summer that 'coal makes us sick.'

"This is an attitude and view that, to me, shows their hatred of coal. And therefore, their view would cost West Virginians thousands upon thousands of jobs."

http://www.wvrecord.com/news/215679-coal-official-calls-obama-comments-unbelievable

Biden's comments against clean coal..

“We’re not supporting clean coal.”

“No coal plants here in America. Build them if they’re going to build them over there. Make them clean.”

And the video

http://hotair.com/archives/2008/10/03/video-biden-says-no-coal-plants-in-america/

Funny how Obama forgets to mention all the millions of dollars that utilities will be paying in "carbon taxes".. which will be passed on the consumer in the form of higher electricity rates.

RE: Obama out to wreck the coal industry... - WoodlandsOwl - 11-03-2008 03:10 AM

RobertN Wrote:
WMD Owl Wrote:

I am sure there will be some re-counts after thousands of democratic votes were mysteriously "lost". 03-lmfao

Starting with yours....

RE: Obama out to wreck the coal industry... - RobertN - 11-03-2008 12:37 PM

WMD Owl Wrote:
RobertN Wrote:
WMD Owl Wrote:

Starting with yours....
So what you are saying is that the Repugs will purposely "lose" Democrats votes in an attempt to steal this election too?

RE: Obama out to wreck the coal industry... - Ninerfan1 - 11-03-2008 12:57 PM

Machiavelli Wrote:You right wingers keep reading these sites of impeccable integrity while the rest of the world justs moves along without you.

Newbusters isn't the only place this is being reported. CNN reported on it this morning.

See here's the problem with you Mach, you are so overtly partisan that you won't even give an ounce of thought to anything negative said about Obama, or democrats on the whole. Obama could be a card carrying member of NAMBLA and you'd still vote for him while finding a way to defend him.

This could definitely push PA towards McCain. If that happens, and McCain holds VA, FL and Ohio, that's the election. I don't believe that will happen, but there's a real shot at it.

RE: Obama out to wreck the coal industry... - RobertN - 11-03-2008 01:08 PM

Ninerfan1 Wrote:
Machiavelli Wrote:You right wingers keep reading these sites of impeccable integrity while the rest of the world justs moves along without you.

Newbusters isn't the only place this is being reported. CNN reported on it this morning.

See here's the problem with you Mach, you are so overtly partisan that you won't even give an ounce of thought to anything negative said about Obama, or democrats on the whole. Obama could be a card carrying member of NAMBLA and you'd still vote for him while finding a way to defend him.

This could definitely push PA towards McCain. If that happens, and McCain holds VA, FL and Ohio, that's the election. I don't believe that will happen, but there's a real shot at it.
See here's the problem with you Ninerfan1, you are so overtly partisan that you won't even give an ounce of thought to anything negative said about McCain, or republicans on the whole.

RE: Obama out to wreck the coal industry... - Rebel - 11-03-2008 01:17 PM

RobertN Wrote:See here's the problem with you Ninerfan1, you are so overtly partisan that you won't even give an ounce of thought to anything negative said about McCain, or republicans on the whole.

Niner's nose isn't stuck up McCain's ass like you lib's have yours stuck up Obama. He, like me, has many problems with McCain. We're just not ready to jump out of the frying pan and onto the f'n SUN.

RE: Obama out to wreck the coal industry... - Ninerfan1 - 11-03-2008 01:45 PM

RobertN Wrote:
Ninerfan1 Wrote:

See here's the problem with you Ninerfan1, you are so overtly partisan that you won't even give an ounce of thought to anything negative said about McCain, or republicans on the whole.

Wrong again Al-N. I have more than a few negative things to say about McCain. I don't agree with him on CFR, I think his proposed healthcare plan is unworkable at best and his stance on immigration makes me want to hurl. I'm not a blind partisan by any stretch of the imagination.

You and mach, on the other hand, love your messiah to the point of blind and willful ignorance about anything to do with him. You don't think critically about any subject, you embrace the most radical and, frankly, moronic theories and views about American politics. You're a rubber stamp for a political party, I'm not.

There in lies the difference boo boo.

RE: Obama out to wreck the coal industry... - firmbizzle - 11-03-2008 01:58 PM

I smell change in the air.

RE: Obama out to wreck the coal industry... - BlazerFan11 - 11-03-2008 02:16 PM

Funny how change smells awfully similar to bullsh!t.