CSNbbs
Bowl Projections, courtesy of CFBPalace - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: Archives (/forum-462.html)
+----- Forum: MACbbs Archives (/forum-480.html)
+----- Thread: Bowl Projections, courtesy of CFBPalace (/thread-322513.html)

Bowl Projections, courtesy of CFBPalace - ecuacc4ever - 10-21-2008 02:09 PM

College Football Palace Bowl Projections

Bookmark it, as it'll be updated every weekend.

RE: Bowl Projections, courtesy of CFBPalace - emu steve - 10-21-2008 02:47 PM

Couple of ?:

1). will the BT have 8 elig. teams if 2 teams go BCS? (I'm not sure).

2). Which other confs might not fill? C-USA?

Worst case scenario:

A top 25 MAC team plays SBC #3. 03-hissyfit

This assumes no BT team for MCB.

RE: Bowl Projections, courtesy of CFBPalace - MikeSpicer - 10-21-2008 03:06 PM

emu steve Wrote:Couple of ?:

Worst case scenario:

At this point, they already have five who are eligible (Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan State, Minnesota, and Northwestern).

Iowa is 5-3 and needs to beat one of Illinois, Penn State, Purdue or Minnesota.

Illinois is 4-3 and needs to win two of their final five against Wisconsin, Iowa, Western Michigan, Ohio State, and Northwestern.

Wisconsin is 3-4 and has to win three against Illinois, Michigan State, Indiana, Minnesota, and Cal Poly. They'll beat IU and Cal Poly to get to 5 wins, so they'd need to be Illinois, Michigan State or Minnesota.

Michigan, IU, and Purdue are in deep trouble.

RE: Bowl Projections, courtesy of CFBPalace - utpotts - 10-21-2008 03:51 PM

Worst case scenario:

The only way The Big Ten gets 2 teams in the BCS is if OSU beats Penn St. this weekend. If they do not Big Ten will only have 1 team in the BCS. The Big 12 and the SEC will have 2 teams in the BCS this year.

RE: Bowl Projections, courtesy of CFBPalace - MikeSpicer - 10-21-2008 06:30 PM

utpotts Wrote:

Worst case scenario:

The only way The Big Ten gets 2 teams in the BCS is if OSU beats Penn St. this weekend. If they do not Big Ten will only have 1 team in the BCS. The Big 12 and the SEC will have 2 teams in the BCS this year.
The Big Ten will have two in the BCS if Penn State plays for the national title. Then the second-place team will play in the Rose Bowl just as Illinois did last year.

RE: Bowl Projections, courtesy of CFBPalace - templefootballfan - 10-22-2008 05:45 AM

West Mich vs east div winner in MCB, beats Sun Belt # 3

RE: Bowl Projections, courtesy of CFBPalace - emu steve - 10-22-2008 11:19 AM

MikeSpicer Wrote:

Worst case scenario:

At this point, they already have five who are eligible (Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan State, Minnesota, and Northwestern).

Iowa is 5-3 and needs to beat one of Illinois, Penn State, Purdue or Minnesota.

Illinois is 4-3 and needs to win two of their final five against Wisconsin, Iowa, Western Michigan, Ohio State, and Northwestern.

Wisconsin is 3-4 and has to win three against Illinois, Michigan State, Indiana, Minnesota, and Cal Poly. They'll beat IU and Cal Poly to get to 5 wins, so they'd need to be Illinois, Michigan State or Minnesota.

Michigan, IU, and Purdue are in deep trouble.

I think two BT to BCS and like Mike's scenario that Iowa, IL and WI make 6 Ws, but FAR from a sure thing.

RE: Bowl Projections, courtesy of CFBPalace - pono - 10-23-2008 12:30 AM

does the rose have to take the next best big10 team. i don't think so. could they take oklahoma at 11-1 over ohio state at 9-3, for example. would the bcs take an 11-1 penn st team over a 11-1 texas or oklahoma team?

i think wisconsin finds a 6th win. they have pretty good interior players and some tough rbs. if they regain confidence they could win a few in a row.

central would have to still be the favorite. reigning 2 time champ, undefeated in the mac, playing well. ball st at 11-1 or 10-2 would still be a decent bowl team and their fans should travel pretty well. they are xcited about this team and haven't been to a bowl in a while. western at maybe 8-4 or niu if they rally to 8-4 would be passable bowl teams. i don't think akron or anyone else in the league is good enough for a bowl.

this is a yr we could win a couple bowl games and look to get a good MCB matchup.

RE: Bowl Projections, courtesy of CFBPalace - MikeSpicer - 10-23-2008 07:22 AM

pono Wrote:ball st at 11-1 or 10-2 would still be a decent bowl team and their fans should travel pretty well. they are xcited about this team and haven't been to a bowl in a while.
Man, it has been a long time since Ball State went to a bowl. Has it already been 9 months since their last bowl appearance?