CSNbbs
Do we need to do what Iceland has done? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Do we need to do what Iceland has done? (/thread-320071.html)

Do we need to do what Iceland has done? - Fort Bend Owl - 10-09-2008 03:03 PM

Dow loses almost 600 more points today and is under 8700. The vix is at an all-time high. Should we do what Iceland has done and shut down the markets for a few days?

I realize Iceland's situation is even more grave than ours and their economy is much smaller and much more focused on the banking industry. But we need something drastic - is shutting it down too drastic?

RE: Do we need to do what Iceland has done? - No Bull - 10-09-2008 03:09 PM

No, I think it is to extreme for the the U.S. Let these people panic and sell off... let em keep selling. I am buying. It is a buyers market. We will hit bottom relatively soon. God Willing.

RE: Do we need to do what Iceland has done? - Rebel - 10-09-2008 03:29 PM

We should do away with our current form of taxation by repealing the 16th Amendment and implement the Fair Tax. NO income taxes. NO corporate gains taxes. NO corporate taxes. NO estate taxes. NO taxes except a national retail sales tax.

We need to do that, like, yesterday.

RE: Do we need to do what Iceland has done? - firmbizzle - 10-09-2008 03:34 PM

Rebel Wrote:We should do away with our current form of taxation by repealing the 16th Amendment and implement the Fair Tax. NO income taxes. NO corporate gains taxes. NO corporate taxes. NO estate taxes. NO taxes except a national retail sales tax.

How are we going to stay in Iraq?

RE: Do we need to do what Iceland has done? - No Bull - 10-09-2008 03:37 PM

firmbizzle Wrote:
Rebel Wrote:We should do away with our current form of taxation by repealing the 16th Amendment and implement the Fair Tax. NO income taxes. NO corporate gains taxes. NO corporate taxes. NO estate taxes. NO taxes except a national retail sales tax.

We R not. I am sure Obama will yank them out of their as quickly as he can

RE: Do we need to do what Iceland has done? - Rebel - 10-09-2008 03:38 PM

firmbizzle Wrote:

Where in my post did you see that there wouldn't be a tax?

RE: Do we need to do what Iceland has done? - firmbizzle - 10-09-2008 03:51 PM

Rebel Wrote:
firmbizzle Wrote:

You wrote NO 5 times followed by taxes. Are you cutting spending? From where? 05-stirthepot

RE: Do we need to do what Iceland has done? - WoodlandsOwl - 10-09-2008 03:51 PM

Fort Bend Owl Wrote:Dow loses almost 600 more points today and is under 8700. The vix is at an all-time high. Should we do what Iceland has done and shut down the markets for a few days?

I realize Iceland's situation is even more grave than ours and their economy is much smaller and much more focused on the banking industry. But we need something drastic - is shutting it down too drastic?

The Markets took a week off after 9/11.

Maybe everyone --Europe, Asia, the US, should shut down for a few days, let the politicians meet and try to work out a common solution..otherwise everything will keep falling based upon what happened overseas just a few hours before.

It will become a vicious circle.

RE: Do we need to do what Iceland has done? - Rebel - 10-09-2008 03:54 PM

firmbizzle Wrote:You wrote NO 5 times followed by taxes. Are you cutting spending? From where? 05-stirthepot

Where? I'd say all of it except anything that pertains to the regulation of interstate commerce and national defense.

As for No to taxes, if you'll READ the Fair Tax replaces ALL of those communistic taxes placed on corporations and individuals.

RE: Do we need to do what Iceland has done? - Fanatical - 10-09-2008 04:21 PM

We probably shouldn't look to Iceland for solutions too heavily.

To try to wrest control of the spiraling situation, the government also loaned $680 million to Kaupthing to tide it over and said it was negotiating a $5.4 billion loan from Russia to shore up the nation’s finances.

RE: Do we need to do what Iceland has done? - Essency - 10-10-2008 07:43 AM

firmbizzle Wrote:
Rebel Wrote:
firmbizzle Wrote:

You wrote NO 5 times followed by taxes. Are you cutting spending? From where? 05-stirthepot

FairTax is a tax reformation, not an agenda to cut funds to particular government endeavors. I agree with rebel that spending needs to be drastically cut, but don't confuse this with the FairTax movement. Take a gander at FAIRTAX.org and you'll see what rebel talking about.