CSNbbs
Official 2008 Season Opener Rockets @ Wildcats Thread - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: Archives (/forum-462.html)
+----- Forum: Toledo Archives (/forum-941.html)
+----- Thread: Official 2008 Season Opener Rockets @ Wildcats Thread (/thread-308700.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Official 2008 Season Opener Rockets @ Wildcats Thread - MiamiRocket - 08-07-2008 07:11 PM

I live in Florida and I want to watch the game, what options on TV/internet TV are going to be available? Is RocketVision going to have the game? I will be really disappointed if I'm not able to catch the game. (Of course I would attend if I had the time & money, but sadly, that's not an option.)

Although it would be my ultimate fantasy for us to start off the season with a W against a quality opponent like Arizona, I think they might be too much for the Rockets to handle, especially since they'll be pumped up for their first game of the year.

My prediction:

Rockets 28
Wildcats 45

RE: Official 2008 Season Opener Rockets @ Wildcats Thread - MiamiRocket - 08-21-2008 09:07 PM

Alright so I'm being lame and reviving this thread - does anyone know about the media situation? Will there be any way that I can order the game on TV or via the internet?

Will someone respond if I change my prediction?

RE: Official 2008 Season Opener Rockets @ Wildcats Thread - MiamiRocket - 08-21-2008 09:08 PM

Also, it's about time we start having some specific discussions about this game, I still have to do some research on Arizona, but Sept. 6th will be here before we know it.

RE: Official 2008 Season Opener Rockets @ Wildcats Thread - Photodan - 08-21-2008 09:34 PM

I've heard some say it should be a shootout as the Zona fans aren't excited about their defense. The Wildcat offense will be quite a trial by fire for our hopefully new and improved defense.

-Dan

RE: Official 2008 Season Opener Rockets @ Wildcats Thread - pono - 08-22-2008 02:05 AM

i think turnovers, the return game and our oline will be key.

our offense is very good. if we win the turnover battle we outscore their offense.

however, they could make up the difference in the return game. we got killed by quality teams last yr on punt and kick returns.

do we have enough of a line on offense. for the first time in a while toledo does not have a dominant lineman. we also should have underclassmen starting at both tackle positions. arizona has physically talented d linemen. i don't know how good they are but we will need key young guys to play both tough and smart in a hot hostile road environment.

as for miamirocket's question... you will be able to find this game on a web feed somewhere (UT, UofA, somewhere) although you will probably have to pay and the quality may be poor. there will surely be an arizona station or local network televising the game but so far nobody has announced a regional or national coverage. unless you can find things on satellite like onstar it will be an unlikely feed to get.

RE: Official 2008 Season Opener Rockets @ Wildcats Thread - H2Oville Rocket - 08-22-2008 04:57 AM

pono Wrote:do we have enough of a line on offense. for the first time in a while toledo does not have a dominant lineman.

I prefer to think that we do and just don't know who it is yet.

RE: Official 2008 Season Opener Rockets @ Wildcats Thread - toledobigmike - 08-22-2008 07:35 AM

Arizona plays Idaho 08/30/08 prior to their matchup with the Rockets. having a game under their belt before we come to town could prove to be the deciding factor in what should be, by most accounts, a shootout.

http://arizonaathletics.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/ariz-m-footbl-sched.html

RE: Official 2008 Season Opener Rockets @ Wildcats Thread - Boca Rocket - 08-22-2008 07:53 AM

toledobigmike Wrote:Arizona plays Idaho 08/30/08 prior to their matchup with the Rockets. having a game under their belt before we come to town could prove to be the deciding factor in what should be, by most accounts, a shootout.

http://arizonaathletics.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/ariz-m-footbl-sched.html

The Wildcats would be better off having a scrimmage.They won't take
away much from pounding the Vandals except giving Toledo some scouting material.

RE: Official 2008 Season Opener Rockets @ Wildcats Thread - uofaownsaswho - 08-22-2008 01:53 PM

after watching fall camp, we actually are feeling TONS better about our defense. there are only 3 returning starters (both safties and an lb) but 5 or 6 of the guys that will be starting this year are guys that have been in the system for 2-3 years already and have gotten a lot of playing time as we rotated a moderate amount of guys in and out of the d last year.

there isnt huge amounts of experience but this d has the feel of of one of those early 90's no name arizona defenses that surprised a lot of people. its not like they are crappy players being plugged in, most are like redshirt sophomores or juniors that were all high 3-4 star recruits.

with that said it will take a few games for them to really gell and become a force and you guys should be glad you are getting us early on. i still see a moderate shootout, although i dont see us winning by the margin your poster up top said.

the heat might get to you after a while (even though its a night game) and just the fact that we will already have a game under our belts and you have to travel 2500 miles nearly for your season opener will be the deciding factors.

my prediction is:

arizona 38 (4 passing td's ~400 yards for tuitama)
toledo 27 (2 rushing td's for you guys, rush d might be our weakness early in the season)

RE: Official 2008 Season Opener Rockets @ Wildcats Thread - utpotts - 08-22-2008 03:06 PM

Our defense is our weakness once again..... as we get 0 sacks and 1 tackle for loss and 0 turnovers in a rout.

Zona- 52
UT-17

RE: Official 2008 Season Opener Rockets @ Wildcats Thread - Boca Rocket - 08-22-2008 03:14 PM

utpotts Wrote:Our defense is our weakness once again..... as we get 0 sacks and 1 tackle for loss and 0 turnovers in a rout.

Zona- 52
UT-17

Alot more speed and playmakers on the defense this year.A big improvement.On offense,I don't see anybody holding UT under 3 TDs.

RE: Official 2008 Season Opener Rockets @ Wildcats Thread - H2Oville Rocket - 08-22-2008 03:19 PM

As always:

UT 180
Arizona 7

Defense scores all the points, garnering the 33 interceptions the bg corners predict they will get for the season all in one game. Thirty are returned for scores. Alex misses all the extra point attempts to make my math easier.

RE: Official 2008 Season Opener Rockets @ Wildcats Thread - MiamiRocket - 09-04-2008 12:53 PM

Alright well, we're only 2 days out now so I figure it's about time to revive this thread...

RE: Official 2008 Season Opener Rockets @ Wildcats Thread - H2Oville Rocket - 09-04-2008 06:15 PM

Concerned about the O-line- all the other elements are there for a great offensive output but a lot of relatively untersted people will have to have big games. Sounds like we may have caught AU in a good year. The defense will need to step up but if they have to stay on the field much we're in trouble.

On the other handif they win we'll just have to schedule them in hoops and give them a real thrashing! 02-13-banana

RE: Official 2008 Season Opener Rockets @ Wildcats Thread - GlassBowl9 - 09-04-2008 11:46 PM

UT-35
UA-31

RE: Official 2008 Season Opener Rockets @ Wildcats Thread - Rocket_Fanatic - 09-05-2008 06:22 AM

I really pray for the Toledo upset but it looks like Arizona is solid and our O-line may be starting too many freshman.

Arizona: 48

Toledo: 24

RE: Official 2008 Season Opener Rockets @ Wildcats Thread - rteynor - 09-05-2008 08:30 AM

I see the lines listed on ESPN.com have it at 22 or 23 points for AZ.

RE: Official 2008 Season Opener Rockets @ Wildcats Thread - pono - 09-05-2008 11:18 AM

stopped by the last practice at the glass bowl and watched some of the special teams and goalline work through the fence. won't give any specific details but I thought our goal line offense lookd pretty sharp, our return teams look like they will get killed again and the punters/kickers were better than expected (but not kicking under pressure). arizona has more big athletic guys than us so i worry about line play over 4 quarters and special teams where we don't have as many imposing 2nd teamers to plug in like the Arizonas and michigans

RE: Official 2008 Season Opener Rockets @ Wildcats Thread - Boca Rocket - 09-05-2008 11:30 AM

pono Wrote:stopped by the last practice at the glass bowl and watched some of the special teams and goalline work through the fence. won't give any specific details but I thought our goal line offense lookd pretty sharp, our return teams look like they will get killed again and the punters/kickers were better than expected (but not kicking under pressure). arizona has more big athletic guys than us so i worry about line play over 4 quarters and special teams where we don't have as many imposing 2nd teamers to plug in like the Arizonas and michigans

Coverage teams have been my biggest area of concern.

RE: Official 2008 Season Opener Rockets @ Wildcats Thread - pono - 09-05-2008 12:51 PM

unless they plan to play more starters there (than were on the practice unit) be very concerned