CSNbbs
Official 2008 Season Opener Rockets @ Wildcats Thread - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: Archives (/forum-462.html)
+----- Forum: Toledo Archives (/forum-941.html)
+----- Thread: Official 2008 Season Opener Rockets @ Wildcats Thread (/thread-308700.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Official 2008 Season Opener Rockets @ Wildcats Thread - trockets1 - 09-06-2008 10:31 PM

not a great start- but we will see how much fight they have in them

RE: Official 2008 Season Opener Rockets @ Wildcats Thread - UT sports - 09-06-2008 10:31 PM

FtLauderdaleRocket Wrote:Can we run anything other than screens?

ive been asking that the past 2 years

RE: Official 2008 Season Opener Rockets @ Wildcats Thread - BusDriver - 09-06-2008 10:32 PM

Not going to lie, my ears a bleeding. Someone take the headset away from Tim Rose. Someone tell Stutz his defense sucks!

RE: Official 2008 Season Opener Rockets @ Wildcats Thread - owen - 09-06-2008 10:34 PM

sylvaniarocketfan1 Wrote:
owen Wrote:
sylvaniarocketfan1 Wrote:ok, i'll be first, Rose should not be coaching our Defense

our special teams aren't doing any favors on the kick coverage

AZ getting too much field position

and their running and passing attack are both very potent and would cause anybody headaches

whats the excuse the last two years then ???

if you have been watching the last 2 we have been playing all true and redshirt freshman due to injuries

And Amstutuz chaneged last year's defensive scheme himself last seaosn to a new system ROse had never run before

I think Rose is alright. West not so much.

And personally I have not been impressed with the offense the last two seasons. Depsite the high scoring against lightweights to pad our stats.

With the D on the field constantly they never have a chance.

RE: Official 2008 Season Opener Rockets @ Wildcats Thread - rocketmama50 - 09-06-2008 10:35 PM

Can anyone see the stats? I was wondering what our rushing yards are?

RE: Official 2008 Season Opener Rockets @ Wildcats Thread - TampaRocket - 09-06-2008 10:35 PM

BusDriver Wrote:Not going to lie, my ears a bleeding. Someone take the headset away from Tim Rose. Someone tell Stutz his defense sucks!

I didn't like the guy when he recruited me at Miami. Look at what he did to that program...took them a while to recover from his leadership. Sounds like we have all kinds of Freshman playing on D again. I've heard Ashwood, Riley and another guys name so far. Didn't we play plenty of Freshman last year. WTF????

RE: Official 2008 Season Opener Rockets @ Wildcats Thread - H2Oville Rocket - 09-06-2008 10:36 PM

Can't totally fault the D-the O has to move the ball. We're getting yards on the ground-go vertical with the pass and pound Collins and Williams. Collins is getting 6 per carry-give him the ball. We can't keep running screens in the second.

RE: Official 2008 Season Opener Rockets @ Wildcats Thread - FtLauderdaleRocket - 09-06-2008 10:37 PM

55 net rushing for Toledo.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/boxscore?gid=200809060057

RE: Official 2008 Season Opener Rockets @ Wildcats Thread - owen - 09-06-2008 10:37 PM

TampaRocket Wrote:
BusDriver Wrote:Not going to lie, my ears a bleeding. Someone take the headset away from Tim Rose. Someone tell Stutz his defense sucks!

I didn't like the guy when he recruited me at Miami. Look at what he did to that program...took them a while to recover from his leadership. Sounds like we have all kinds of Freshman playing on D again. I've heard Ashwood, Riley and another guys name so far. Didn't we play plenty of Freshman last year. WTF????

lot of freshman getting time on D again

RE: Official 2008 Season Opener Rockets @ Wildcats Thread - Toledo Football 1st - 09-06-2008 10:39 PM

rocketmama50 Wrote:Can anyone see the stats? I was wondering what our rushing yards are?
LINK

Scroll down a little for the stats.

RE: Official 2008 Season Opener Rockets @ Wildcats Thread - utpotts - 09-07-2008 08:23 AM

Wow, 1 sack and 41 points given up. Hate to say it. But I told you so.

Its time for a change, Amstutz isn't getting it done anymore, we lack discipline on the field and without a doubt off the field.

When does basketball start????

RE: Official 2008 Season Opener Rockets @ Wildcats Thread - owen - 09-07-2008 08:29 AM

utpotts Wrote:Wow, 1 sack and 41 points given up. Hate to say it. But I told you so.

Its time for a change, Amstutz isn't getting it done anymore, we lack discipline on the field and without a doubt off the field.

I foresee a winning season for the Rockets. The offense won't get held to field goals in the red zone forever.

I think we have a lot of talented players on defense.

Hard to stop a QB with a 3 step drop and quick release when we have to play run defense so hard to respect their great RB. Makes the center of the field open up.

RE: Official 2008 Season Opener Rockets @ Wildcats Thread - BusDriver - 09-07-2008 11:35 AM

They opened up the center of the field so well that I could have driven a a bus through it. This is not good. For the Record, Potts, your prediction was that they would hang 50+ points on us. So you were a little off there. Yes, you were right in the fact that our defense is still very soft. To the rest of you who claimed the defense was going to be much better than last year, and really gave Potts alot of $#@%, you guys were way off. Our defense was sucking wind to a middle of the road Pac 10 team last night. We MIGHT finish with a winning record(at this point I am not counting on it), but Stutz still needs to hit the road. There is a reason a lot of freshman are starting again, and lets not lose sight of who is responsible for that. Toledo Football is better than what they showed us last night, and I hope they can pull it together.

RE: Official 2008 Season Opener Rockets @ Wildcats Thread - MiamiRocket - 09-07-2008 11:46 AM

I'm not ready to abandon ship yet. Yes, we gave up 41 points, but I think that would have been less if we wouldn't have started off so poorly, and being the first game of the season on the road against Arizona's potent offense, which has already had a game to work out some of the kinks. If you add to that, that we should have had 2 TD's instead of 2 FG's (both times we had the ball 1st and goal inside the 2 yard line), then I think this game could have ended up a little different, and we would be talking optimistically.

From what it sounded like, I think our D is improved and will fare much better against the MAC. Not to mention, I don't think anyone in the MAC will be able to stop our offense as well as Arizona did.

I think Arizona will end up having an impressive year and being one of the better teams in the PAC-10. I'm a little disappointed that we didn't have a better showing, but I'm going to wait to pass any judgement until next week. When I can actually see them play...