CSNbbs
OT: Jesse Jackson - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: OT: Jesse Jackson (/thread-305850.html)

Pages: 1 2

OT: Jesse Jackson - West Is the Best - 07-16-2008 09:01 PM

Can we finally close the chapter on this bigot?

RE: OT: Jesse Jackson - FW_ - 07-16-2008 10:02 PM

It was closed for me in 1984 when he said hymietown. It's a shame since he really has done a lot of good work for the African-American community and was instrumental in the Civil Rights movement in the late 60s and early 70s. But he's a douchebag.

RE: OT: Jesse Jackson - West Is the Best - 07-16-2008 10:08 PM

FW_ Wrote:It was closed for me in 1984 when he said hymietown. It's a shame since he really has done a lot of good work for the African-American community and was instrumental in the Civil Rights movement in the late 60s and early 70s. But he's a douchebag.

Please tell us one specific item that Jesse is responsible for in regard to civil rights that was not about him. I honestly can't think of one item. Seems most items with him involved racial allegations against others that put Jesse in the media spotlight. He is/was hardly a leader in the black community. Without the media he was nothing. He was a small time player within MLK's organization that tried to be in the limelight.

RE: OT: Jesse Jackson - FW_ - 07-16-2008 10:13 PM

Operation Breadbasket. It was run by SCLC but Jackson was one of the key figures, especially in Chicago. Jackson did a lot of good in Chicago in the 60s. Jackson was always arrogant and MLK never fully trusted him but he did do some good before MLK died. After King died Jackson thought he was King's rightful heir (which was crap) and his true colors began to show. I'm not defending Jackson. I'm not a fan of Jackson. I think he has done as much harm as good for the African-American community if not more, but he did do some good, especially in the beginning.

RE: OT: Jesse Jackson - HiddenDragon - 07-16-2008 11:03 PM

Can this be moved to the political forum?

RE: OT: Jesse Jackson - OUBOBCATJOHN - 07-16-2008 11:58 PM

Obama, Jackson, Sharpton, Farrakahn and Jeremiah Wright are the black leaders of this country. The have accomplished very little and receive way too much attention.

RE: OT: Jesse Jackson - Brick City Pirate - 07-17-2008 07:47 AM

Where's the outrage? The press crucified Don Imus for his remarks a couple of years ago.

RE: OT: Jesse Jackson - West Is the Best - 07-17-2008 08:34 AM

OUBOBCATJOHN Wrote:Obama, Jackson, Sharpton, Farrakahn and Jeremiah Wright are the black leaders of this country. The have accomplished very little and receive way too much attention.

Other than the media, who else claims they are leaders?

RE: OT: Jesse Jackson - West Is the Best - 07-17-2008 08:37 AM

HiddenDragon Wrote:Can this be moved to the political forum?

No - we don't have a political forum. There have been numerous political threads on this board other than CUSA sports. There is no reason to move this thread as long as the debate is civil.

RE: OT: Jesse Jackson - Southern Nights - 07-17-2008 08:55 AM

Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton never saw a television camera that they didn't like.

RE: OT: Jesse Jackson - FW_ - 07-17-2008 09:45 AM

OUBOBCATJOHN Wrote:Obama, Jackson, Sharpton, Farrakahn and Jeremiah Wright are the black leaders of this country. The have accomplished very little and receive way too much attention.

Most African-Americans will tell you that Jackson, Sharpton, and especially Farrakahn don't speak for them, so nice try. Wright? No one had heard of him 6 months ago but since he said some dumba$$ things and is linked to Obama he's now one of the "black leaders" of the country01-wingedeagle Give me a freakin break.

Those guys are "black leaders" like Ralph Nader and Pat Robertson are the leaders of the white community.

There are many segments in the African-American community. Liberals, Conservatives, Christians, Jews, Muslims, etc. This isn't the 1890s when Booker T Washington was the voice of black society. There are many "voices" and "leaders" who represent the various segments. Actually, a lot, if not most, African-Americans don't have a "leader". Maybe they follow the advice of their local religious leaders, maybe not.

Do you really think black Jews (yes they exist) like Farrakahn? Do you think Farrakahn's supporters like Jews of any color? Do you think black conservatives like Sharpton? Do you think black liberals like Alan Keyes? Do you think blacks from Nebraska like JC Watts?

RE: OT: Jesse Jackson - HiddenDragon - 07-17-2008 12:20 PM

West Is the Best Wrote:

No - we don't have a political forum. There have been numerous political threads on this board other than CUSA sports. There is no reason to move this thread as long as the debate is civil.

Yeah we do have one and it is called "The Spin Room".

I will ask the mods to move it there immediately.

RE: OT: Jesse Jackson - West Is the Best - 07-17-2008 01:11 PM

HiddenDragon Wrote:
West Is the Best Wrote:

There is no reason to move this post as long as it remains civil. You do not dictate what posts should and should not be moved. hell, you haven't even provided a reason to move the thread. This post is not about politics but an individual.

BTW, nothing is listed that is titled "The Spin Room".

RE: OT: Jesse Jackson - PirateMarv - 07-17-2008 01:36 PM

FW_ Wrote:

Most African-Americans will tell you that Jackson, Sharpton, and especially Farrakahn don't speak for them, so nice try. Wright? No one had heard of him 6 months ago but since he said some dumba$$ things and is linked to Obama he's now one of the "black leaders" of the country01-wingedeagle Give me a freakin break.

Those guys are "black leaders" like Ralph Nader and Pat Robertson are the leaders of the white community.

There are many segments in the African-American community. Liberals, Conservatives, Christians, Jews, Muslims, etc. This isn't the 1890s when Booker T Washington was the voice of black society. There are many "voices" and "leaders" who represent the various segments. Actually, a lot, if not most, African-Americans don't have a "leader". Maybe they follow the advice of their local religious leaders, maybe not.

Do you really think black Jews (yes they exist) like Farrakahn? Do you think Farrakahn's supporters like Jews of any color? Do you think black conservatives like Sharpton? Do you think black liberals like Alan Keyes? Do you think blacks from Nebraska like JC Watts?

What you have attempted to do is to give a well reasoned response that is a well thought out position, on African Americans that shows them as individuals with various interests, rather than as a single group with the same interests.

Some segments of America actually believe that ALL African Americans follow the Reverends Jackson, Sharpton, Farrakhan, Wright, etc.; while totally rejecting any statment that would imply that ALL Whites follow the Reverends Falwell, Roberstson, Hagee, Rod Parsley, James Dobson, the Pope, etc., etc.

Your attempt was not lost on me and it was very well stated.

RE: OT: Jesse Jackson - HiddenDragon - 07-17-2008 01:42 PM

West Is the Best Wrote:
HiddenDragon Wrote:
West Is the Best Wrote:

There is no reason to move this post as long as it remains civil. You do not dictate what posts should and should not be moved. hell, you haven't even provided a reason to move the thread. This post is not about politics but an individual.

The Spin Room is located under "The Lounge". This thread stop being civil when you referred to Jackson as a bigot. And I'm sure when Obama, Sharpton, Farrakahn and others get mentioned it does become a political thread. I don't like Jackson myself but some language is just uncalled for.

And I definitely don't dictate what can be talked about on this board but I feel offended by it I will let the mods know like I have already done.

RE: OT: Jesse Jackson - Luckyshot - 07-17-2008 01:48 PM

HiddenDragon Wrote:
West Is the Best Wrote:
HiddenDragon Wrote:
West Is the Best Wrote:

The Spin Room is located under "The Lounge". This thread stop being civil when you referred to Jackson as a bigot. And I'm sure when Obama, Sharpton, Farrakahn and others get mentioned it does become a political thread. I don't like Jackson myself but some language is just uncalled for.

And I definitely don't dictate what can be talked about on this board but I feel offended by it I will let the mods know like I have already done.

He has a habit (most recently with Obama) of calling people by racial slurs. If he was white he'd be called a bigot on every news network. Because he's Jesse Jackson they say "the black community is confused how to feel about Obama". As if Jackson has ever spoken for anyone but his own ego :P

RE: OT: Jesse Jackson - West Is the Best - 07-17-2008 03:21 PM

HiddenDragon Wrote:
West Is the Best Wrote:
HiddenDragon Wrote:
West Is the Best Wrote:

He is a bigot. No referrence was made to politics. This thread is about personal integrity (or lack there of).

Please spend more time reviewing your bad grammar/spelling than the nature of other posters threads.

And please change your avatar, as I find it very offensive.

RE: OT: Jesse Jackson - HiddenDragon - 07-17-2008 05:54 PM

West Is the Best Wrote:He is a bigot. No referrence was made to politics. This thread is about personal integrity (or lack there of).

Please spend more time reviewing your bad grammar/spelling than the nature of other posters threads.

And please change your avatar, as I find it very offensive.

Spoken like a little man who just got their thread moved.

Now bigot on dude!

RE: OT: Jesse Jackson - Rebel - 07-17-2008 06:02 PM

How is West a bigot?

How is Hidden's avatar offensive?

I don't get it.

RE: OT: Jesse Jackson - Rebel - 07-17-2008 06:02 PM

As for Jackson, he's a piece of f'n trash who doesn't have the morals to be considered a "reverend".