CSNbbs
Blazertalk Summerfest Saturday June 21st - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: Archives (/forum-383.html)
+------- Forum: BlazerTalk Archives (/forum-791.html)
+------- Thread: Blazertalk Summerfest Saturday June 21st (/thread-298539.html)

Pages: 1 2

Blazertalk Summerfest Saturday June 21st - BlazrDawg - 05-14-2008 02:26 PM

Ok folks, we have tossed around ( partly in jest) the idea of having a gathering out at my place this spring/summer for some fishing, some chow, and some Blazer Talk, etc with our friends. What I need now is some feedback as to the level of interest in having a party.
Proposed dates are Saturday June 14 or 21st. Whatta think folks??
We could do it like we do our football tailgates,, with people bringing some of the provisions , etc... Ive got a couple of tailgate type tents we can use, lakeside seating for about 40 folks, plenty of room for parking, shoreline fishing on my 10 Ac lake.

Let me hear from you.

RE: Anybody for a Blazertalk Summerfest??? - ATTALLABLAZE - 05-14-2008 02:43 PM

Either date is good for me but my B-day is the 24th so if the fam is planning something for a weekend I could tell them the 28 for my B-day. I can bring one tent a wife, and an 8yo to fish. Wife can be forced to cook if needed.

RE: Anybody for a Blazertalk Summerfest??? - GreenGiant67 - 05-14-2008 03:05 PM

There is a big cornhole tournament at John Carroll High School on the 14th. CACC - Central Alabama Cornhole Club
My anniversary is the 18th and my bday is the 28th.

I should be able to attend Blazerfest 08 if it is held on the 21st. I will know for positive about 2 weeks before.

RE: Anybody for a Blazertalk Summerfest??? - FNblazer - 05-14-2008 03:17 PM

I would check it out, but I'm sure a website named "Alabamacornhole.com" will most likely be blocked from my work computer 04-jawdrop

The first time I heard of that game I laughed hysterically.

RE: Anybody for a Blazertalk Summerfest??? - BlazrDawg - 05-14-2008 03:26 PM

Bring those bag-toss gismo's to the party. Oh did I also mention we will have horseshoes and badmitton for the non-fishing types.

RE: Anybody for a Blazertalk Summerfest??? - BlazrDawg - 05-15-2008 09:39 AM

Ill keep this thing on the front page for about a week.. If response is poor, then Ill drop the idea.

RE: Anybody for a Blazertalk Summerfest??? - GreenGiant67 - 05-15-2008 10:22 AM

BlazrDawg Wrote:Ill keep this thing on the front page for about a week.. If response is poor, then Ill drop the idea.

You still got that trolling motor for sale?If so, I am interested.

My father-in-law and I are looking into buying one of those Pelican two-man pontoon boats. The only problem is that we can't find a local store that carries them. We can get them from Walmart, Dick's, or Academy but they all want to tack on another $200 for shipping.

[Image: 0077632450051_500X500.jpg]

RE: Anybody for a Blazertalk Summerfest??? - Blazer Engineer - 05-15-2008 10:32 AM

I'd like to attend with the wife & meet some of yall.

I need to check my work schedule cause I'll be traveling A LOT in june.

RE: Anybody for a Blazertalk Summerfest??? - BlazrDawg - 05-15-2008 10:53 AM

Uab91Eng Wrote:
BlazrDawg Wrote:Ill keep this thing on the front page for about a week.. If response is poor, then Ill drop the idea.

My father-in-law and I are looking into buying one of those Pelican two-man pontoon boats. The only problem is that we can't find a local store that carries them. We can get them from Walmart, Dick's, or Academy but they all want to tack on another $200 for shipping.

Thats the kind of boat I have. Got it at Academy about 3 Christmases ago. Mrs Dawg and I love it for pond fishing. I still have the trolling motor, but it doesnt appear to work.. If you want to have a crack at fixing it ( I have no clue why it doesnt work), its yours.

RE: Anybody for a Blazertalk Summerfest??? - MC Blazer - 05-15-2008 11:04 AM

Dang it Dawg! You know I lived just south of the I-20 bridge on the Lincoln side 89-91 didn't you? Riverbay.

RE: Anybody for a Blazertalk Summerfest??? - BhamHoosier - 05-15-2008 12:28 PM

Uab91Eng Wrote:

Quit Playing with your Dinghy!

RE: Anybody for a Blazertalk Summerfest??? - GreenGiant67 - 05-15-2008 01:27 PM

BlazrDawg Wrote:Thats the kind of boat I have. Got it at Academy about 3 Christmases ago. Mrs Dawg and I love it for pond fishing. I still have the trolling motor, but it doesnt appear to work.. If you want to have a crack at fixing it ( I have no clue why it doesnt work), its yours.

I'll take it and try to fix it. I'll meet you somewhere during the week if you can bring it with you to work. Or I can meet you at your house one Saturday. Just PM and let me know what is good for you.

RE: Anybody for a Blazertalk Summerfest??? - GreenGiant67 - 05-15-2008 01:32 PM

BlazrDawg Wrote:Ok folks, we have tossed around ( partly in jest) the idea of having a gathering out at my place this spring/summer for some fishing, some chow, and some Blazer Talk, etc with our friends. What I need now is some feedback as to the level of interest in having a party.
Proposed dates are Saturday June 14 or 21st. Whatta think folks??
We could do it like we do our football tailgates,, with people bringing some of the provisions , etc... Ive got a couple of tailgate type tents we can use, lakeside seating for about 40 folks, plenty of room for parking, shoreline fishing on my 10 Ac lake.

Let me hear from you.

Just put up a poll to see how many can make it. Make sure you can see who voted for what to weed out the trolls who screw up polls for fun. Count only those who you know here or PM you.

RE: Anybody for a Blazertalk Summerfest??? - BlazrDawg - 05-15-2008 01:53 PM

MC Blazer Wrote:Dang it Dawg! You know I lived just south of the I-20 bridge on the Lincoln side 89-91 didn't you? Riverbay.

My pontoon is parked in the water on the St Clair side just a stone's throw from the I-20 bridge. Dont forget to let me know when your ready to return for some chow at your ( and Gene Bartow's) fav catfish joint out there.

RE: Anybody for a Blazertalk Summerfest??? - Blazer14172 - 05-15-2008 06:26 PM

I would love to do it. Either day until early evening is good for me. Count me in. If you pick a date, between the Greenhouse gang and greenbackers alone I think we would have a good turnout. Best thing just do it and it should grow bigger and bigger each time.

RE: Anybody for a Blazertalk Summerfest??? - UAB Band Dad - 05-15-2008 07:07 PM

I expect the wife and I could make that one... sounds fun!

RE: Anybody for a Blazertalk Summerfest??? - CrimsonDragon - 05-15-2008 11:00 PM

mmmmmm..could be... *shrugs* I work on the 14th so it would be after that.. thank god you live somewhat close by!! LOL

RE: Anybody for a Blazertalk Summerfest??? - FNblazer - 05-16-2008 10:40 AM

Blazer14172 Wrote:I would love to do it. Either day until early evening is good for me. Count me in. Best thing just do it and it should grow bigger and bigger each time.

That's what she said! :rolltide:

RE: Anybody for a Blazertalk Summerfest??? - BlazrDawg - 05-16-2008 08:11 PM

Thanks. Maybe a Moderator can fix us up a spot on the upper levels of the board so we can get this thing organized.

RE: Anybody for a Blazertalk Summerfest??? - USAFBlazerFan - 05-16-2008 11:28 PM

Bump. But, sorry- it's a little far for me.