CSNbbs
TEST: How Southern are you? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Sports Bar (/forum-531.html)
+---- Thread: TEST: How Southern are you? (/thread-292799.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: TEST: How Southern are you? - Bourgeois_Rage - 05-01-2008 07:26 AM

Quote:40% (Yankee). Barely into the Yankee category.
Yup, growing up around the great lakes. I'm surprised I'm Dixie at all. I suppose living in southern Ohio the last ten years has rubbed off on me?

RE: TEST: How Southern are you? - chargeradio - 05-11-2008 12:00 PM

83% (Dixie).

RE: TEST: How Southern are you? - gmaniac1 - 05-11-2008 01:06 PM

61% Dixie, sounds about right being from southern Maryland

RE: TEST: How Southern are you? - chargeradio - 05-11-2008 08:09 PM

My dad is into history (it was actually his major as an undergraduate), and tells me that if the Civil War had gone on about another year, Maryland and Delaware would have probably seceded from the Union given the number of people who were trying to make it happen in those two states.

RE: TEST: How Southern are you? - Terpy - 05-11-2008 09:30 PM

chargeradio Wrote:My dad is into history (it was actually his major as an undergraduate), and tells me that if the Civil War had gone on about another year, Maryland and Delaware would have probably seceded from the Union given the number of people who were trying to make it happen in those two states.

This isnt true, Lincoln had suspended habeas corpus in Maryland and the state was under Martial law. In essence the Maryland legislature was strong armed into remaining with the union whether they wanted to or not. Im not certain about Delaware but I dont think they ever considered leaving the union.

RE: TEST: How Southern are you? - subflea - 05-12-2008 09:22 AM

I have taken the test 3 times with the same answers, resetting it everytime. I have had scores of 49%, 50% and 53%.

RE: TEST: How Southern are you? - subflea - 05-12-2008 09:25 AM

RebelKev Wrote:
JoltinJacket Wrote:56%? Kevin, I'm disappointed in you. 03-melodramatic 05-nono 03-lmfao

There's such a thing as a "military accent", where everyone just rubs off of one another. I remember going back home while I was in and thinking, "damn, you guys speak like f'n hicks". 03-lmfao

Dad was not amused.

Many of my answers were different than they were prior to joining the military. I use soda now instead of pop, yard sales instead of garage sales.

RE: TEST: How Southern are you? - blazertke - 05-16-2008 01:57 AM

57% (Dixie). Barely into the Dixie category. Born and raised in alabama, no family outside of the south. Haven't decided whether i'm going to leave the south after i graduate from UAB(UNC and Penn top two choices for grad school)

RE: TEST: How Southern are you? - Lush - 06-05-2008 01:20 AM

58% barely into Dixie. Born in Minot, ND, raised in Cincinnati. Surprised I didn't score more Yankee. After spending much time in Wisconsin, I've almost incorporated their dialect. Who do you pronounce route? I catch myself sometimes saying, route- though rhyming with trout. I always say y'all.

edit: took the test again, changed one answer, one I didn't think about. And: 40% (Yankee). A definitive Yankee. Sounds more appropriate.

RE: TEST: How Southern are you? - TomorrowHerd - 06-05-2008 05:50 AM

88% (Dixie). Did you have any Confederate ancestors?

Not bad for a guy who lives closer to japan that hawaii.

Parents grew up deep in the mountains of Eastern KY though. I was Born and raised in Ohio.

RE: TEST: How Southern are you? - TomorrowHerd - 06-05-2008 05:55 AM

Hey lush, is your avatar from the student radio station at MU- Oxford or MU-Middletown? I grew up in Germantown, and that is reallllllly familiar to me for some reason.

RE: TEST: How Southern are you? - mikeinoki - 07-11-2021 07:05 PM

Somehow I ran across this old thread and took the test.

"81% Dixie. Do you still use Confederate money?"

RE: TEST: How Southern are you? - OscarWildeCat - 07-24-2021 08:39 AM

86% Dixie. Do you still use Confederate money?

RE: TEST: How Southern are you? - BePcr07 - 07-24-2021 11:21 AM

70% Dixie. Your neck must be a just little rosy!

Born on the Texas gulf coast, grew up in Houston, have lived in East Texas, Austin (for about a minute), but currently live in DFW.

RE: TEST: How Southern are you? - madizoned-level2004 - 08-02-2021 10:32 PM

58%. Just barely Dixie.

Grew up in Virginia, so I guess “barely southern” makes sense.

RE: TEST: How Southern are you? - mvcfan76 - 08-07-2021 06:39 PM

scored 59%

Loved the gym shoes answer told me common throughout midwest and Chicago (which is midwest lol). Like yes im a midwesterner who lives in Chicago, this checks out. All my "counts as southern" it always says common throughout the south and midwest. My score is literally off because im a midwesterner and Ive always known that we share some (imo good and wholesome) commonalities with the south, including our deep love of college football. Otherwise a lot of "common in midwest and great lakes"

RE: TEST: How Southern are you? - VA49er - 08-09-2021 10:09 AM

84% Dixie. Do you still use Confederate money?

Grew up in NC but now live in VA.

RE: TEST: How Southern are you? - TigerBlue4Ever - 09-29-2021 07:38 AM

80% Dixie. Your neck must be a just little rosy!

Must be due to traveling the country wherever the army deployed my old man up until I was about 12

RE: TEST: How Southern are you? - Erictelevision - 09-29-2021 05:47 PM

25% Dixie. It correctly pegged me a New Englander.

TEST: How Southern are you? - JMUDunk - 10-22-2021 06:17 AM

78%

Think mudbug, yard sale and y’all kinda got me in the chosen zone.

Born and raised in N Va., hardly a “southern” area by any measure now. Kinda sad, actually.