CSNbbs
Mercer Baseball - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SoConbbs (/forum-266.html)
+---- Forum: SoCon Team Talk (/forum-944.html)
+----- Forum: Mercer (/forum-327.html)
+----- Thread: Mercer Baseball (/thread-286116.html)

Mercer Baseball - MercerFan - 03-09-2008 06:58 PM

Very forgettable season........... I'm shocked that I can't find one quote from our coach after the quick exit from the conference tourney.

RE: Mercer Baseball - MercerFan - 03-31-2008 04:42 PM

It's tough at this point... the team is 8-7 in the conference after winning 4 of 5 series. That sweep by Gulf Coast really hurt.

RE: Mercer Baseball - MercerFan - 04-16-2008 03:27 PM

That's a lot of red.... it's all going to come down to getting in the A-Sun tourney... and then trying to win it. The good news is that most of the top A-Sun baseball teams are not eligible for the tourney.

RE: Mercer Baseball - KSUowl0003 - 05-06-2008 07:59 PM

NCAA academic reports in for UGA, Ga. Tech

Several of state's athletic programs penalized

Every intercollegiate athletics team at Georgia Tech and Georgia exceeds NCAA minimums for academic progress.

Not so for some other in-state universities, the NCAA said Tuesday.

That cost Georgia Southern's football team more than 3 1/2 scholarships and Mercer's men's basketball team one scholarship.

Georgia Southern and Augusta State men's golf and Kennesaw State men's track also were among the 173 Division I teams that lost scholarships for failing to keep enough of their athletes in school and eligible to play.

Other teams, including Georgia State men's basketball, were told they must shape up academically or face penalties next year.

RE: Mercer Baseball - KSUowl0003 - 05-06-2008 08:00 PM

Just a heads up in case you had not seen this MercerFan

RE: Mercer Baseball - MercerFan - 05-27-2008 09:42 PM

Thanks KSUOwl... another sign that Mercer made the right move with a coaching change.