CSNbbs
Drew, Davis, & Zeller - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: ACCbbs (/forum-381.html)
+---- Forum: ACC Coastal Team Talk (/forum-346.html)
+----- Forum: North Carolina (/forum-358.html)
+----- Thread: Drew, Davis, & Zeller (/thread-281546.html)

Drew, Davis, & Zeller - Malaysak1982 - 02-19-2008 07:07 PM

all made the mickey d team. That makes 11 Roy has signed in just 4 years of signing players. That's amazing. I'm not counting last year because we had no schollies. I see puke only had one player on the team. I wonder how many the greatest recruiter in the universe, Matt Doherty, signed, as I enjoy huffing dongs.

RE: Drew, Davis, & Zeller - tarheelsben1 - 02-19-2008 10:28 PM

Malaysak1982 Wrote:I wonder how many the greatest recruiter in the universe, Matt Doherty, signed.

I count 4

Felton
McCants
May
Jawad

RE: Drew, Davis, & Zeller - Malaysak1982 - 02-20-2008 03:27 AM

I'm talking about since we fired his sorry butt, and I started swallowing man spew.

RE: Drew, Davis, & Zeller - tarheelsben1 - 02-20-2008 08:02 AM

Malaysak1982 Wrote:I'm talking about since we fired his sorry butt.

You asked how many Mcd's AA Doh signed, I answered.

03-banghead

RE: Drew, Davis, & Zeller - Malaysak1982 - 02-20-2008 05:50 PM

Actually he only signed one: Jawad. And Jawad was overrated. Felton and McCants were locals who were coming to Carolina even if Satan were coach. May was recruited by Phil Ford after Knight was fired at IU. He got our foot in the door through his friendship with Scott May. I think Roys a better recruiter than Dean Smith was. All these mickey d's and 5 star players he's signed lately. Dean couldn't have done that. Nobody could. But I do have a picture of Matt that I wail to.

RE: Drew, Davis, & Zeller - OnThereHeelz - 02-22-2008 01:37 AM

A better recruiter than Dean Smith himself? I think you may be stretching it a bit. But I will give you that he may be one of the best college recruiters in basketball right now.

RE: Drew, Davis, & Zeller - Malaysak1982 - 02-22-2008 08:24 PM

Think about this. Since July, Roy has signed Drew, Zeller, and Davis, all mickey d's. He's also signed Strickland, Henson, Wear twins, Bullock, and Marshall, all 5-star players and tops in their classes. I know Dean could get on a roll, too, recruiting. His 1990 class was considered the greatest of all time before the Fab 5. But NINE players of this caliber in this short a time? Got to be a record of some kind.

RE: Drew, Davis, & Zeller - OnThereHeelz - 02-23-2008 01:16 AM

Yes he has been able to recruit mickey D's like its drinking water, BUT... when are we going to see the effects of this? You can recruit recruit recruit, but until you see actual performance, paper weight weighs less than actual weight. Lets take it to the NBA, the Miami Heat had a great team on paper at the beginning of the season, but they have the worst record in the league right now.

Don't get me wrong, UNC will NEVER be bad, but lets see some championships driven by these mickey d's before we start sayin someone has past up Dean Smith you know?

RE: Drew, Davis, & Zeller - Tarz n charge - 02-23-2008 01:19 AM

I agree with Heelz. It is all about championships and performance. Things can look great on paper and you can win a lot of regular season games, but at the end of the day championships are what matters.

RE: Drew, Davis, & Zeller - Malaysak1982 - 02-23-2008 08:28 AM

True, I want championships too. It's only been 3 years since our last, though. And what if we hadn't lost all those mickey d underclassmen in 05-06 or hadn't blown that game last year in the Final 8 to Georgetown? I think we'll win it all this year. I really do. Roy has done a spectacular job, and I really believe we're on the verge of a new dynasty. One that will have Ratface running for cover.

RE: Drew, Davis, & Zeller - Tarz n charge - 02-26-2008 11:20 AM

This year will be interesting. There is for sure enough talent to the final four but so do a few other teams that I am scared of. I like how we match up with most teams in the country however, especially when Lawson is in the lineup.

RE: Drew, Davis, & Zeller - Malaysak1982 - 02-26-2008 06:11 PM

I think we're in a good situation in that the NCAA is not as strong this year, IMHO. Kansas is good. So is Texas. Watching the Tennessee teams the other day made me think they're not quite up to par with us. dook will be dangerous, but I really think if we get Tywon back and we keep playing well, we should be tourney favorites if we keep winning. It should be fun the next couple of weeks.