CSNbbs
WAC BBS- Roll Call - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: WACbbs (/forum-376.html)
+--- Thread: WAC BBS- Roll Call (/thread-27248.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

WAC BBS- Roll Call - Six Pack - 01-15-2007 11:06 PM

Greetings fellow WAC fans and well-wishers-

I'm curious how many people are currently reading this board, so I'd like to ask everyone who reads this board to respond and maybe give us a little information about yourself. I'll post it as a sticky and leave it up for a while.

Let's start with this-

1) Moniker (feel free to post real name as well if you choose)
2) Favorite team (even if you cheer for a non-WAC team as your favorite)
3) City
4) Any other information- such as how long you've been a fan, if you are an alumni, etc.

In this thread, I'd like to ask everyone to limit the discussion to a roll call and introduction. If someone posts something here that you'd like to follow up on, please do so in a new thread. That way, we will have a pretty good register here of all the posters and we can quickly scan through if we are trying to find someone in particular.

If you are a lurker, now is the time to register and respond to this post. Stop watching from the sidelines and get in the game!

This board is only as good as the people who post here, and I'd really like to get this board flying again and make it the best spot for WAC information and discussion. One post a day...that's all we ask ;-)

EDIT: Also a suggestion- if you like this board and would like to see it continue to grow, post a link on your team's message board and let others know about it. I refuse to spam other people's boards, unlike the admin of another WAC board (ahem...I think we all know of whom I speak) so please help spread the word.

- Six Pack - 01-15-2007 11:07 PM

I'll start...

1) Six Pack
2) Nevada Wolf Pack
3) Reno, Nevada
4) Lifelong Nevada resident and alumni of the University of Nevada.

Go Pack!

- Brillio - 01-16-2007 12:01 AM

1) Brillio
2) Ne-vahh-duhh
3) Reno
4) Favorite Pack sports in order: baseball, basketball, football, volleyball.

- ultramagnus - 01-16-2007 12:33 AM

1. ultramagnus
2. Utah State Aggies
3. Past -- Utah, Nebraska. Currently (and foreseeable future) -- Las Vegas
4. USU Alumni, favorite sport -- college football (no question, but hard to reconcile my favorite team struggling so hard to win year after year). I cheer for a lot of other college teams to make up the difference. Just love the game. College basketball and baseball, too. (Everyone needs to attend the CWS in Omaha at least once in their lives).

- WolfInSeattle - 01-16-2007 01:27 AM

1. WolfInSeattle - StuckinSeattle on WPC, but I wanted to make sure WAC fans knew where I was coming from.

2. Nevada Wolf Pack fan.

3. Raised in Hawthorne, Nv. (2hrs south of Reno) Lived in Reno from '83-'95. Now I'm in Des Moines, WA a suburb 20 minutes south of Seattle. I've been away from home (Northern Nevada) for 11 years. Thank goodness for the internet.

4. Graduate of the University of Nevada, class of '90. Favorite sports college football and college basketball. I don't pay much attention to other college sports.

- johnnylightnin - 01-16-2007 07:08 AM

1. Johnny
2. Louisiana Tech
3. I'm currently in Louisville, but Alexandria, LA is my hometown
4. Been a fan since my brother enrolled in 1994; I graduated in 2004

- wolfin1 - 01-16-2007 08:43 AM

1) Wolfin1 or Mainer Pack Fan (on every board but this one...does anyone know a way to change a handle? It won't let me create a new account)
2) Wolf Pack
3) Formerly of Dayton, NV now currently residing in beautiful Auburn, Maine
4) Nevada (BA '93; M.Ed '99). Other little know or unbelievable facts about Wolfin1: Wolfin1 is taller than Sen. John McCain; Wolfin1 has met Satan and has found him to be generally a nice guy; He likes beer (Gritty McDuff's Scottish Ale is particularly enjoyed by Wolfin1); Power's Irish Whiskey makes Wolfin1 ornery; Wolfin1 thinks Eastern Carolina Barbecue is the atheist equivalent to heaven; Wolfin1 has been to Asia so many times that one of his eyes is starting to slant (could be the Power's); Wolfin1 believes that Chinese food in Maine is horrid and don't get him started on Mexican food; Wolfin1 likes this quote "All people are born alike - except Republicans and Democrats.~Groucho Marx"

- wolfin1 - 01-16-2007 08:45 AM

Congrats on becoming a Moderator, Six Pack.

- jediwarrior - 01-16-2007 10:55 AM

1. jediwarrior
2. University of Hawaii
3. Honolulu, HI.
4. Was born a Warrior fan. Favorite sports: Football, Women's V-ball, basketball, baseball.

Re - ejmpalle - 01-16-2007 12:01 PM

1) ejmpalle
2) Utah State or whichever WAC team is playing a non-WAC team
3) American Fork, Utah
4) Born an Aggie, Father/Mother graduated from USU and ninety-something year old grandfather attended the ol' Ag college. Wife and mother recieved master's degrees from USU. Father-in-law has a bachelor's from USU and mother-in-law also. I have a degree from USU in Mechanical Engineering. I work in SLC as a Product Design Engineer for SKF.

Proud to be an alumnus of Utah State University, alma matter of US Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and former LA Rams great Merlin Olsen. http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/member.jsp?player_id=168 and many other greats.

- erdaaggie - 01-16-2007 12:05 PM

1. erdaaggie
2. USU and any good college game. (I just like sports in general.)
3. Grew up in Erda, UT about 30 miles west of SLC. I currently live in Logan, but I will likely move in the next few months.
4. I just got my Master's Degree from USU in December of 2006. I'm in the process of looking for a career.

- nvspuds - 01-16-2007 12:17 PM

1. nvspuds
2. Nevada sports
3. Reno
4. I graduated from Nevada and have two sons currently enrolled. One graduates this May and the other next May.

- georgia_tech_swagger - 01-16-2007 01:58 PM

wolfin1 Wrote:Congrats on becoming a Moderator, Six Pack.

He earned it. 04-cheers

Nice to see things back to live here.

BTW -- we have a WAC skin in the works. 04-cheers

Re: WAC BBS- Roll Call - lauramac - 01-16-2007 02:44 PM

Six Pack Wrote:I'd really like to get this board flying again and make it the best spot for WAC information and discussion.

That would be cool. (I still miss y'all from back-in-the-day on Woods' old WAC board.)

1) lauramac
2) Rice
3) Atlanta, GA
4) I'm a Rice grad like my sig says. Even after we left, I still wish the WAC well and especially like seeing y'all kick the snot out of some MWC teams.

04-cheers

- clpack - 01-16-2007 03:57 PM

1. clpack (CLPack elsewhere, but I screwed that up when registering here) 03-melodramatic
2. Reno
3. Wolf Pack
4. Lifelong resident of the Reno area; myself, father, and wife are NV grads

roll call - funag - 01-16-2007 06:55 PM

1Funag
2.Las Cruces NM
3.NMSU sports Football, basketball, in no particular depending on the season.
4. Las Cruces started school here in 95 graduated in 99 left for 2 years and came back never to leave again hopefully.

- packblue - 01-16-2007 07:28 PM

1. PackBlue
2. Las Vegas, Nevada-have lived all over Nevada
3.Nevada Basketball is my favorite. Before I moved to Las Vegas, I had missed 10 home games in 11 seasons. Also a fan of the Miami Hurricanes, so this years MPC Bowl was a great one for me.
4. Graduated from Nevada in 1999. Went to my first Football game in 1982 and first basketball game in 1985.

- origroughrider - 01-16-2007 09:06 PM

1. origroughrider
2. Eagle, Idaho
3. Boise State -- all sports
4. 20+ years in Idaho, Cal Poly undergrad, graduate math and CS coursework from Boise State. Married a 3rd gen BSU alum, no way out.

- lauramac - 01-16-2007 11:15 PM

origroughrider Wrote:Cal Poly undergrad, graduate math and CS coursework from Boise State.

Hey, I was a math major too -- cool! 02-13-banana

- ignitedwolf - 01-17-2007 01:19 AM

1) ignitedwolf
2) Nevada
3) Weaverville, CA
4) Lived in Nevada for ten years. Became Pack and WAC fan.