CSNbbs
2008 Presidential Suvivor: Final Round - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: 2008 Presidential Suvivor: Final Round (/thread-272479.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

2008 Presidential Suvivor: Final Round - georgia_tech_swagger - 01-04-2008 10:25 AM

Week 1 Eliminations:
- Constitution Party
- Libertarian Party
- Other Dem or Rep (dividing the votes among the others, it's < 1 vote per person)
- John McCain
- Mike Gravel

Week 2: Lowest 3 eliminated.
- Hillary Clinton
- John Edwards
- Bill Richardson

Week 3: Lowest 3 eliminated.
- Joe Biden
- Mitt Romney
- Rudy Giuliani

Week 4: Lowest 2 eliminated.
- Fred Thompson
- Mike Huckabee

RE: 2008 Presidential Suvivor: Final Round - Rebel - 01-04-2008 10:27 AM

Huck eliminated? I'm not understanding the poll, apparently.

RE: 2008 Presidential Suvivor: Final Round - georgia_tech_swagger - 01-04-2008 10:28 AM

RebelKev Wrote:Huck eliminated? I'm not understanding the poll, apparently.

Read one of the very last posts. Somebody switched their vote from Huck to Paul.
http://www.ncaabbs.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=271247&pid=2948281#pid2948281

RE: 2008 Presidential Suvivor: Final Round - Rebel - 01-04-2008 11:02 AM

georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:

Read one of the very last posts. Somebody switched their vote from Huck to Paul.

Oooohh, you guys are playing pretend. 02-13-banana

RE: 2008 Presidential Suvivor: Final Round - mlb - 01-04-2008 11:08 AM

Either way, it seems to me that the people here do not represent what is going on in Iowa or the US :)

RE: 2008 Presidential Suvivor: Final Round - Ninerfan1 - 01-04-2008 11:22 AM

RebelKev Wrote:

Oooohh, you guys are playing pretend. 02-13-banana

Aren't most Paul supporters?

RE: 2008 Presidential Suvivor: Final Round - georgia_tech_swagger - 01-04-2008 11:31 AM

It's a poll ... and like all polls it contains little to no truth. I think the real thing to take away from this is that Americans want change. Hillary and Romney represent the sort of politicians we've been getting out of both parties for the last 20 years. Americans are sick of it and they want REAL change. The candidates of change in this election are Paul and Obama. And no, Huckabee is not a candidate of change, he's a product of the Christian Coalition -- and that's really only rewinding about 5-8 yrs on the Republican side. As it stands right now .... Obama would destroy the GOP top three nationally in an election. I mean absolutely DESTROY. Iowa is a red state ... and two thirds of caucus turnout was for the Dems. Obama had astronomical returns in the young and independent voters. That's the majority of your national electorate right there. Hell, I would vote for Obama before I'd vote for Huckabee.

RE: 2008 Presidential Suvivor: Final Round - RobertN - 01-04-2008 11:54 AM

georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:It's a poll ... and like all polls it contains little to no truth. I think the real thing to take away from this is that Americans want change. Hillary and Romney represent the sort of politicians we've been getting out of both parties for the last 20 years. Americans are sick of it and they want REAL change. The candidates of change in this election are Paul and Obama. And no, Huckabee is not a candidate of change, he's a product of the Christian Coalition -- and that's really only rewinding about 5-8 yrs on the Republican side. As it stands right now .... Obama would destroy the GOP top three nationally in an election. I mean absolutely DESTROY. Iowa is a red state ... and two thirds of caucus turnout was for the Dems. Obama had astronomical returns in the young and independent voters. That's the majority of your national electorate right there. Hell, I would vote for Obama before I'd vote for Huckabee.
Huckabee scares the hell out of me. I just don't trust him. I am not sure he can separate the Constitution from the Bible.

RE: 2008 Presidential Suvivor: Final Round - BullsBEAST - 01-04-2008 12:14 PM

RobertN Wrote:
georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:It's a poll ... and like all polls it contains little to no truth. I think the real thing to take away from this is that Americans want change. Hillary and Romney represent the sort of politicians we've been getting out of both parties for the last 20 years. Americans are sick of it and they want REAL change. The candidates of change in this election are Paul and Obama. And no, Huckabee is not a candidate of change, he's a product of the Christian Coalition -- and that's really only rewinding about 5-8 yrs on the Republican side. As it stands right now .... Obama would destroy the GOP top three nationally in an election. I mean absolutely DESTROY. Iowa is a red state ... and two thirds of caucus turnout was for the Dems. Obama had astronomical returns in the young and independent voters. That's the majority of your national electorate right there. Hell, I would vote for Obama before I'd vote for Huckabee.
Huckabee scares the hell out of me. I just don't trust him. I am not sure he can separate the Constitution from the Bible.
Absolutely. We dont need a president in the 21st century that rejects science and will consult the bible before he makes any decisions.

With Joe Biden out of the race, I am debating on who to support between Barack Obama and John Edwards. Im leaning towards Obama right now.

RE: 2008 Presidential Suvivor: Final Round - Bourgeois_Rage - 01-04-2008 12:36 PM

Young voters are traditionally unreliable in getting to the polls. It'll be interesting to see if they can keep on getting the vote out until November.

RE: 2008 Presidential Suvivor: Final Round - RobertN - 01-04-2008 01:59 PM

Bourgeois_Rage Wrote:Young voters are traditionally unreliable in getting to the polls. It'll be interesting to see if they can keep on getting the vote out until November.
I think this year will be different. I think they have someone they can somewhat relate to and don't want to see another "old" President making the same bad mistakes that have been made over and over. They want to see us have a President to move us forward and not keep looking over their shoulder to the past or live in the past. It was bound to happen eventually as the population gets older and older.

RE: 2008 Presidential Suvivor: Final Round - Ninerfan1 - 01-04-2008 02:07 PM

BullsBEAST Wrote:
RobertN Wrote:
Absolutely. We dont need a president in the 21st century that rejects science and will consult the bible before he makes any decisions.

Two text book examples of the ignorant bigotry that liberals harbor towards christians.

Huckabee was governor of Arkansas and you never once read about him consulting the bible.

And last I checked, believing in the theory of evolution wasn't a prerequisite to being president.

RE: 2008 Presidential Suvivor: Final Round - georgia_tech_swagger - 01-04-2008 02:22 PM

My reasons are entirely economic. I see him being the final nail in our nation's economic coffin. He has a history of craptastic finance in Arkansas. As a side issue -- the whole paroling a convicted rapist thing is also a bit bothering.

RE: 2008 Presidential Suvivor: Final Round - Redwingtom - 01-04-2008 02:40 PM

Not to mention that Huckabee was asleep at the switch when the latest NIE came out.

RE: 2008 Presidential Suvivor: Final Round - RobertN - 01-04-2008 02:40 PM

Ninerfan1 Wrote:
BullsBEAST Wrote:
RobertN Wrote:

Two text book examples of the ignorant bigotry that liberals harbor towards christians.

Huckabee was governor of Arkansas and you never once read about him consulting the bible.

And last I checked, believing in the theory of evolution wasn't a prerequisite to being president.
I don't follow Arkansas government(even when Clinton was down there) so I really don't know. But between his comments and commercials I just don't trust him to know the difference(or can separate them). The comments about evolution scare me. It is a gut feeling that he can't separate the 2. I am not saying he is a bad guy. He seems like a nice guy and I don't care if the President is religious but there are just some people I don't trust to be President- a pastor is one(as would other religious equivalents).

RE: 2008 Presidential Suvivor: Final Round - Ninerfan1 - 01-04-2008 02:52 PM

RobertN Wrote:I don't follow Arkansas government(even when Clinton was down there) so I really don't know. But between his comments and commercials I just don't trust him to know the difference(or can separate them).

You didn't trust him the moment you found out he called himself christian.

RE: 2008 Presidential Suvivor: Final Round - RobertN - 01-04-2008 03:42 PM

Ninerfan1 Wrote:
RobertN Wrote:I don't follow Arkansas government(even when Clinton was down there) so I really don't know. But between his comments and commercials I just don't trust him to know the difference(or can separate them).

You didn't trust him the moment you found out he called himself christian.
Not true. I was sceptical when it was mentioned he is a Pastor. Then after listening to him and seeing his commercials, I just wouldn't trust the man to run the country. It is just a gut feeling. He says he is ok with those who don't believe and appreciate that but again, I am sceptical. As I said, he seems like a nice man. I can't argue that.

RE: 2008 Presidential Suvivor: Final Round - THE NC Herd Fan - 01-04-2008 04:43 PM

Here's a news flash, anyone that says they are Christian including virtually every candidate running can not believe in evolution. If you are a Christian you believe in intelligent design PERIOD. If any candidate running says they are a Christian and believe in evolution they are less than honest about what they believe, the two beliefs are mutually exclusive on this point.

The scariest candidates running are the slick talking lawyers (Edwards and Obama) that don’t have any real experience leading. Being lawyers it’s hard to tell how they view the constitution. Most lawyers are Pseudo intellectuals.

All Democrats are scary because the want to call themselves Christians, but they don’t want to stand up for the values that make up the Christian faith. Shows you can't trust them.

RE: 2008 Presidential Suvivor: Final Round - georgia_tech_swagger - 01-04-2008 04:47 PM

THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:Here's a news flash, anyone that says they are Christian including virtually every candidate running can not believe in evolution. If you are a Christian you believe in intelligent design PERIOD. If any candidate running says they are a Christian and believe in evolution they are less than honest about what they believe, the two beliefs are mutually exclusive on this point.

The scariest candidates running are the slick talking lawyers (Edwards and Obama) that don’t have any real experience leading. Being lawyers it’s hard to tell how they view the constitution. Most lawyers are Pseudo intellectuals.

All Democrats are scary because the want to call themselves Christians, but they don’t want to stand up for the values that make up the Christian faith. Shows you can't trust them.

Not every Christian subscribes to a literal translation of the Bible. In fact, can't name but maybe 2 people I knew in my entire high school class (~1,200) who didn't believe to some degree in evolution. I will state that statistic is bias, because here you're segregated by "capacity" very early in high school. People in AP/Honors classes virtually never see those who aren't.

RE: 2008 Presidential Suvivor: Final Round - THE NC Herd Fan - 01-04-2008 05:05 PM

THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:Here's a news flash, anyone that says they are Christian including virtually every candidate running can not believe in evolution. If you are a Christian you believe in intelligent design PERIOD. If any candidate running says they are a Christian and believe in evolution they are less than honest about what they believe, the two beliefs are mutually exclusive on this point.

Not every Christian subscribes to a literal translation of the Bible. In fact, can't name but maybe 2 people I knew in my entire high school class (~1,200) who didn't believe to some degree in evolution. I will state that statistic is bias, because here you're segregated by "capacity" very early in high school. People in AP/Honors classes virtually never see those who aren't.

Are you saying people that believe in intelligent design aren't smart enough to be in AP/Honors classes? 03-lmfao You don't have to believe something to understand the concept.

If Man evolved from ape why are there still apes? If the fictional "missing link" was an improvement in the evolutionary chain over apes why did the "missing link" die out and apes survive? Why isn't there extensive fossil evidence of the "missing link". 03-confused