CSNbbs
Impact freshman? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Proving Grounds (/forum-768.html)
+--- Forum: MWCbbs (/forum-261.html)
+---- Forum: Mountain Division (/forum-202.html)
+----- Forum: Boise State (/forum-368.html)
+----- Thread: Impact freshman? (/thread-25775.html)

- BigBroncoB - 04-27-2004 12:52 AM

Who do you guys think could come in and contribute right away? Any potential starters? Who will be this years Schouman?

- Roughrider - 04-27-2004 07:43 AM

Defensive players Schlekeway and Tadman; offensive player David Shields are my leaders.

- BoiseStateRules - 04-27-2004 08:05 AM

I would say that there is very little chance that any of the freshmen this year will do what Schouman did last year. I seriously doubt any of the incoming freshmen will earn a starting spot, like Derek Schouman did last season as a true freshman.

As to Schlekeway, we know that at least two of the new freshmen will have to be grey-shirted, unless some of them do not qualify academically. And since Schlekeway is a local kid he may be one of the two who will be greyshirted. Will just have to wait and see what happens next fall. 04-cheers

Of the 22 newcomers who "should" be here next fall, if I had to pick one of them as a player who will likely contribute right away it would have to be Tim Volk, the defensive end and J.C. transfer. I would not be surprised at all if he and Julius Roberts were the starting DE's next fall. 04-bow

- BigBroncoB - 04-27-2004 04:12 PM

If we're talking JC transfers, we have to also consider Marcosus Leblanc. Carr taking reps with the corners made me wonder if the staff is considering starting Leblanc at rover? If so , it looks like our D is going to be better then we thought. 04-cheers

- IFBronc - 04-28-2004 06:50 PM

Looking at true freshmen, my money is on Tadman. I believe he'll play in situations just as Chris Carr did as a true freshman. He'll be too good to keep off the field, but he won't see starter minutes either.