CSNbbs
Our attendance this year - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: ASunbbs (/forum-341.html)
+---- Forum: Atlantic Sun Team Talk (/forum-319.html)
+----- Forum: Kennesaw State (/forum-336.html)
+----- Thread: Our attendance this year (/thread-250819.html)

Pages: 1 2

Our attendance this year - Owlzfan84 - 09-14-2007 05:22 PM

I actually think our attendance is going to be pretty good this year in the student section that is. Anyone else agree? I think Striped Crew is doing an excellent job and the shirts are really popular.

I dont know, just being optimistic.

RE: Our attendance this year - kr983 - 09-14-2007 08:37 PM

I think it will be much better than last year... but if we dont win they wont stick around!

RE: Our attendance this year - Owlzfan84 - 09-14-2007 11:14 PM

^^that i agree with. That Western Kentucky game really hurt us last year. We had a great crowd for that game, prob our biggest of the year with the students, and we just got blown out. I admit Western Kentucky is better then us, but they werent that much better then us. We were young and we got frustrated and they were lights out that night from the perimeter. Losing by 40 something hurt us a lot. A lot of those students didnt come back.

RE: Our attendance this year - Nick M - 09-15-2007 08:29 PM

I hope we can pack out the bottom of the convocation center and start utilizing the pull down seats. We have a new marketing director (Lauren Katovsk) who is really on her game. I've been working with her on promotions and handouts as far as Striped Crew goes. SC's been doing great things and it will be exciting to see where this group is in 5 years. The possibilities are endless IMO.

I think we're going to try a few different approaches to promotions. There will be advertising for the games which has not happened in the past. Signage, banners, flyers, incentive programs, posters, if you have any other ideas, let them flow!

RE: Our attendance this year - Owlzfan84 - 09-15-2007 11:10 PM

Now is the marketing mainly directed toward the students? or is some for the general admission as well?

RE: Our attendance this year - Nick M - 09-16-2007 01:28 AM

Striped Crew is for student involvement. Marketing reaches out to the public but its been extremely limited. Schedules and some posters is pretty much all I've seen.

RE: Our attendance this year - KennesawFan53 - 09-16-2007 06:33 PM

Hey, I've never posted before, but I follow a lot of the threads on here. This is my second year at Kennesaw and I'm excited about the possibility of having more fans at our games this year. I attended the games last year as faithfully as I could and I was disappointed at all the empty seats because our team typically played well at home last year with a winning record at the convocation center to prove it. I agree that people did give up way too early on the team after the western kentucky game and I think a lot of people didn't comprehend that we were just in our second year of D-1. We have done much better than North Florida who came up at the same time, and I think people overlook that. We've already accomplished a lot and the sky is the limit for not only what the basketball team can accomplish, but the whole athletic department as well.

RE: Our attendance this year - Owlzfan84 - 09-16-2007 06:56 PM

welcome to the board man. So you were at the games as well? where were you sitting?

And i think if we had some more fans, we could of won a couple more home games as well. I think this year will change, and attendance will start going up. i'm really excited about this years team. havent had a team this talented in a while.

RE: Our attendance this year - Owlzfan84 - 09-16-2007 06:57 PM

oh and be sure to vote on the "roll call" thread in the asun lounge.

RE: Our attendance this year - Nick M - 09-16-2007 07:09 PM

Welcome to the board, enjoy the ride!

I think this year may be different with attendance. I'm not overly excited about the home games we do have but it will be fun.

Here are the games I'm excited about:
@ Auburn - Maybe the best busride option November 13
Minnesota (Tourny in MN, not going)
At ETSU (super bowl sunday, no good, not going)
Home Mercer
Home Belmont

Cheers!

RE: Our attendance this year - KennesawFan53 - 09-16-2007 07:54 PM

Owlzfan84 Wrote:welcome to the board man. So you were at the games as well? where were you sitting?

And i think if we had some more fans, we could of won a couple more home games as well. I think this year will change, and attendance will start going up. i'm really excited about this years team. havent had a team this talented in a while.

I usually sat in the student section, I just didn't have any socks or anything, but I do now. I decided to get on board with striped crew after I saw that they were selling socks and shirts in the bookstore. It's exciting to be a part of something that has as much potential as SC and people are taking notice. I was in Athens for the game this past weekend and my friend that goes to UGA even told me he heard it was getting big. That said a lot to me.

RE: Our attendance this year - Owlzfan84 - 09-16-2007 08:20 PM

Well i'm glad you got some socks. but the most important thing is being there. Were hoping to get a busride to auburn like Nick said, you should come to that.

And if you have any friends, make them come to the game. were trying to get as many ppl as possible. Sucks that nearly all my friends dont like basketball, i had to go some of the games alone, but i still sat with striped crew and got crazy.

RE: Our attendance this year - kr983 - 09-16-2007 09:12 PM

I would go to auburn on a bus! Kennesawfan53 glad you signed up! Make sure you go to roll call and select that u are a kennesaw fan... it is listed under atlantic sun talk

RE: Our attendance this year - Owlzfan84 - 09-16-2007 10:16 PM

that would be cool if the all the ksu fans on this board went to the auburn game. Man i cant wait for bball season. i'm one of the few ppl in the south that prefers basketball over football.

RE: Our attendance this year - KennesawFan53 - 09-16-2007 10:27 PM

I really wanna go to the Auburn game, but I work at the rec. center and our schedules are made for the whole semester and I work every Tuesday night, but I will try to find somebody to cover it. I've got some people to agree to buy socks and go to the games and I will be at all the games I can. I agree with Nick and wanna see those pull down seats used this year.

RE: Our attendance this year - Corn_3024 - 09-17-2007 08:24 AM

Welcome to the board. If you have any fans that follow KSU pretty closely send them here. I'd like to see this message board grow as well... The more we have die hard fans coming here to discuss various things about our teams, the more it shows our fan support is improving.

RE: Our attendance this year - KennesawFan53 - 09-17-2007 08:55 AM

I was thinking of ways to improve attendance and I believe it would help a lot if the frats and sororities gave their members some incentives to go to the games. At first it might be like a captive audience, but I think once they got involved in the traditions and spirit they would want to be there just to support the team. The Greeks play a much bigger role in athletics at other schools, even though it is usually more for football than basketball.

RE: Our attendance this year - Nick M - 09-17-2007 10:25 AM

I'm a theta chi alumni myself. We haven't really demanded it from our members but it's something to think about. It's already been a pretty strong greek percentage at the games. But honestly, there's not that many greeks though. We're gonna go after the entire student population. My goal, and I'm going to talk with Lauren tomorrow about this, is to make it impossible to be on campus the day of a game and not know about the game.

Just measured up the bleachers this morning for some big SC banners. Gonna be fun!

RE: Our attendance this year - KennesawFan53 - 09-17-2007 10:35 AM

That sounds great having everyone know about the games, I got tired of telling people I was going to the game and getting the reply "There's a game tonight?" They usually did seem sincere when they said they would have gone had they known about it earlier so thats promising. I wanna see our athletic and striped crew logos all over campus.

RE: Our attendance this year - Nick M - 09-17-2007 10:37 AM

I'll know more after tomorrow hopefully. I really want to help them out with my graphic design skills.