CSNbbs
There's a new tenant in college football's basement... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Sports Bar (/forum-531.html)
+---- Thread: There's a new tenant in college football's basement... (/thread-226021.html)

- JoltinJacket - 09-04-2002 04:04 PM

With Saturday's win over East Carolina, Duke climbed out of college football's basement, where they had been for 2+ years. The new tenant down there? - Baylor. Kevin Steele's Bears are an embarrassment to the Big 12 and all of Division I-A. Kevin Steele himself is an embarrassment. He is 6-28 over his first 3+ plus seasons and 0-18 in the Big 12. His wins are against North Texas (twice), Ark. St., New Mexico, and two I-AA teams (Southern Illinois and South Florida, who was a I-AA team at the time).

In his first game at Baylor back in '99, the Bears lost 30-29 in overtime when they shanked the potential game-tying extra point. His second game produced one of the most ridiculous coaching moves in history. Baylor led UNLV 24-20 with :10 left, and had the ball inside the UNLV 5yd line. All they had to do was kneel down to win the game, but Steele decided to go for more points. The result - a fumble and a 100 yd return for a game-winning Vegas touchdown.

Then came last Saturday's 70-22 loss. Not to a powerhouse like Washington or Oklahoma, but to California. The same Cal team that went 1-10 last season and hasn't had a winning season since 1993. Now, there is something seriously wrong if a team in the state of Texas can't scrap up enough talent to prevent a 47 point loss. That doesn't seem possible to me. The way it looks to me, this team has given up on the Kevin Steele regime. Whatever the case may be, the Bears are in need of a serious makeover.

Congratulations Baylor, you're now...

[Image: Americas%20Worst.jpg]

- techfan4 - 09-04-2002 04:07 PM

I read that on Overtime...

Good post...

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Baylor led UNLV 24-20 with :10 left, and had the ball inside the UNLV 5yd line. All they had to do was kneel down to win the game, but Steele decided to go for more points. The result - a fumble and a 100 yd return for a game-winning Vegas touchdown.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOL! IDIOTS! why go for more when you've already won?