CSNbbs
How did we get here? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: How did we get here? (/thread-219975.html)

- Guest - 06-05-2004 05:20 AM

How this can not make any American feel ashamed and sick to their stomach regarding the leadership of this great nation is beyond me.

Quote:"Willful killing, torture or inhuman treatment, if committed against detainees protected by international humanitarian law, constitute a grave breach under the Geneva Conventions and therefore of international humanitarian law and is prohibited at any time, irrespective of the status of the person detained," the report said.

"The above-described acts might be designated as war crimes by a competent tribunal."

<a href='http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0605rights05.html' target='_blank'>The entire article</a>

Whether or not you are/were for the war, it is outrageous that this was allowed to happen, and that the people who allowed it are now looking for a way to scapegoat anyone they can to save their @sses.

Anyone left unconvinced needs to take a very serious look at themselves, and then ask the question; how did we go from having almost universal support and respect following 9/11 to being charged with war crimes?

- SDSundevil - 06-05-2004 01:33 PM

Were not formally charged with War Crimes and should not be, we have been accused of war crimes for years and years. The UN has bordered on incompetent for years, lack of leadership, lack of direction and lack of will. I still remember them entertaining Arafat a few years back and allowing him to turn the meeting into a circus.

I think the whole ordeal was blown way out of proportion, and Im dissappointed by the events. Im still able to keep my perspective on the difference between brutal torture and the abuse(not torture) that went on in Abu G prison. Im also aware of the fact that were talking about a handful of people , it was not systematic. As far as the sleep deprivation and some of the other softning up techniques, I don't have a problem with them.

- Hardcore Husky - 06-05-2004 02:26 PM

SDSundevil Wrote:Were not formally charged with War Crimes and should not be, we have been accused of war crimes for years and years. The UN has bordered on incompetent for years, lack of leadership, lack of direction and lack of will. I still remember them entertaining Arafat a few years back and allowing him to turn the meeting into a circus.

I think the whole ordeal was blown way out of proportion, and Im dissappointed by the events. Im still able to keep my perspective on the difference between brutal torture and the abuse(not torture) that went on in Abu G prison. Im also aware of the fact that were talking about a handful of people , it was not systematic. As far as the sleep deprivation and some of the other softning up techniques, I don't have a problem with them.
What he said! 04-bow 04-rock

- Guest - 06-05-2004 06:18 PM

Amazing. :rolleyes:

- DrTorch - 06-05-2004 07:49 PM

Oddball Wrote:Amazing.&nbsp; :rolleyes:
I think it's amazing that you did not register any concern when the charges were levied directly against the commander-in-chief for sexual abuse that were at least a step beyond what happened here.

These charges involved civilian US citizens, not soldiers involved in hostilities.

Furthermore, the ensuing coverup was neither subtle nor unobvious. Yet you expressed no interest to get to the truth involved.

Your "outrage" lacks sincerity.

- Guest - 06-05-2004 08:45 PM

DrTorch Wrote:
Oddball Wrote:Amazing.  :rolleyes:
I think it's amazing that you did not register any concern when the charges were levied directly against the commander-in-chief for sexual abuse that were at least a step beyond what happened here.

These charges involved civilian US citizens, not soldiers involved in hostilities.

Furthermore, the ensuing coverup was neither subtle nor unobvious. Yet you expressed no interest to get to the truth involved.

Your "outrage" lacks sincerity.
You may have completely lost your mind, Torch. At least a step beyond a blowjob? That rivals anything Kev has ever said. Unbelievable.

My outrage is utterly sincere, and the lack of it from some quarters is just about as outrageous.

- MaumeeRocket - 06-05-2004 09:09 PM

Charged with war crimes :rolleyes: And who exactly is going to be the police on this one, oh yeah that would be the Americans, but they couldnt actually arrest themselves. This just goes to show how the U.N. and other international organizations are just a waste of time. If there was truly an international organization, every country in the world would feel the pressure to conform to international, however this situation does not exist so any idea about charges is riddicoulus.

- Guest - 06-06-2004 09:07 AM

Point missed entirely.