CSNbbs
Kerry's wife calls Cheney 'Unpatriotic' - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Kerry's wife calls Cheney 'Unpatriotic' (/thread-217906.html)

Pages: 1 2

- 1125 - 05-07-2004 02:42 PM

[Image: capt.dcn10605052224.kerry_dcn106.jpg]
WASHINGTON - President Bush's campaign on Friday criticized the wife of Democratic candidate John Kerry for calling Vice President Dick Cheney "unpatriotic" while defending her husband's service in Vietnam against critics who had avoided the military.

"This political line of attack is offensive and should be stopped," Bush-Cheney campaign chairman Marc Racicot said in a statement.

Although they have questioned Kerry's Senate votes on defense and foreign policy, neither Bush nor Cheney has commented personally on his service in the Navy during the Vietnam War. Bush served stateside in the Texas Air National Guard during the war while Cheney received five deferments from military service.

In an interview with Telemundo, NBC's Spanish-language network, Teresa Heinz Kerry said, "To have a couple of people, who escaped four, five, six times and deferred and deferred and deferred calling him anything regarding his service is in and of itself unpatriotic. Unpatriotic." NBC's "Nightly News" aired part of the interview Thursday.

Said Racicot: "Every time the discussion focuses on John Kerry's Senate record of voting against weapons systems, voting against support for troops in the field or his positions on both sides of critical questions of national security, his campaign falsely claims that his patriotism is being attacked."

- Guest - 05-07-2004 04:13 PM

Cheney is unpatriotic. He's a neo-con.

- sherman&grant - 05-07-2004 04:34 PM

Oddball Wrote:Cheney is unpatriotic. He's a neo-con.

By definition, neo-cons are much more patriotic than neo-libs, oldschool-libs, or any and every thing incorporating "lib" into their worthless commentary.

You are still overmatched, so why not dispense with the phony "intellectual superiority" nonsense?

- MAKO - 05-07-2004 05:04 PM

Here. I'll dispense with phony "intellectual-superiority." The neo-cons are a bunch of cowards. Name one of them that had the guts to fight for his country.

Dubya - Put NO OVERSEAS SERVICE on his form
Cheney - Took all available deferrments until he was too old to serve.
Paul Wolfowitz - Coward. Never served.
Karl Rove - Coward. Never served.
Spencer Abraham - Coward. Never served.
Andy Card - Coward. Never served.
Rush Limbaugh - Avoided service by claiming he had an anal cyst.
Asa Hutchinson - Coward. Never served.
Newt Gingrich - Coward. Never served.
Sean Hannity - Coward. Never served.
Bill O'Reilly - Coward. Never served.
Joe Scarbro - Coward. Never served.
Jerry Falwell - Coward. Never served.
Jeb Bush - Coward. Never served.
Saxby Chambliss - There is a special place in hell for this coward. He attacked the patriotism of Max Cleland who had both legs and an arm blown off in Vietnam. This coward got out of Vietnam by claiming he had bad knees. Amazingly, today, his favorite exercise is running. Guess your knees are better at age 60 than at age 20. 03-puke
Tom DeLay - Said he wanted to join the military but the "blacks had taken all the good positions." Coward and a racist.
Dennis Hastert - Another bad knees coward. Oh. Did I mention he wrestled in college?
Trent Lott - To gutless to serve his country but he did make a good cheerleader.

- Skipuno - 05-07-2004 07:16 PM

And the most of the dems were smoking dope and calling the US military baby killers. As for racisim there are qute a few ex clan members in the Demacratic party. As a libratarian there just opposite side of the coin to me. Mako your the pot calling the kettle black. :rolleyes:

- Guest - 05-07-2004 07:58 PM

May we have a list, with credible documentation, of the said ex-clan members? Also, the records of the chickenhawks wouldn't matter in the least if a) they weren't in the habit of attacking the records of war heroes (John McCain, Max Cleland, Wes Clark, John Kerry) and, b) they weren't asking Americans to send their sons and daughters to die in a foreign country for imaginary and constantly shifting reasons.

- Schadenfreude - 05-07-2004 08:36 PM

UCBearcats1125 Wrote:Although they have questioned Kerry's Senate votes on defense and foreign policy, neither Bush nor Cheney has commented personally on his service in the Navy during the Vietnam War.
On the other hand, Karl Rove is probably personally responsible for about half the threads going right now in this Spin Room.

If Bush had a pair, he'd get out there himself and say John Kerry wasn't wounded in a manly enough way and is therefore unfit to lead this country. He would come out himself and tell us Kerry didn't deserve those medals.

But he doesn't. He's a ******.

For his dirty work, he has Karl Rove.

- Schadenfreude - 05-07-2004 08:42 PM

MAKO Wrote:Saxby Chambliss - There is a special place in hell for this coward.  He attacked the patriotism of Max Cleland who had both legs and an arm blown off in Vietnam.  This coward got out of Vietnam by claiming he had bad knees.  Amazingly, today, his favorite exercise is running.  Guess your knees are better at age 60 than at age 20.  03-puke
I am fascinated with the idea of Max Cleland as a vice presidental choice. I don't know a thing about him in terms of policy... but it would, hopefully, permanently shut the pieholes of an awful lot of people here.

For those who don't know: Cleland, who had three of his limbs blown off in Vietnam, was savaged in television ads by the Republican attack machine as being unpatriotic because he voted against the Iraq War.

I suppose we'll never know if Chambliss and his gang would held their fire had Cleland given all four of his limbs to his country.

- MAKO - 05-07-2004 08:54 PM

Quote:I suppose we'll never know if Chambliss and his gang would held their fire had Cleland given all four of his limbs to his country.
Nope. The cowards would still have attacked him as unpatriotic. You see, patriotism is demonstrated not through your actions but through your hot air.

BTW, for all those on here advocating constant warfare, I'd like to know how many of you are vets. We've got a political discussion board on Herd Nation and every "bleeding heart liberal" on that board is either a veteran or is currently serving in the military. Not a single one of the chickenhawks have ever had the guts to put on the uniform.

- Schadenfreude - 05-07-2004 09:14 PM

MAKO Wrote:
Quote:I suppose we'll never know if Chambliss and his gang would held their fire had Cleland given all four of his limbs to his country.
Nope. The cowards would still have attacked him as unpatriotic. You see, patriotism is demonstrated not through your actions but through your hot air.
But, surely the Republicans wouldn't have attacked Cleland as unpatriotic if he had given five limbs to his country?

- MAKO - 05-07-2004 11:16 PM

Quote:But, surely the Republicans wouldn't have attacked Cleland as unpatriotic if he had given five limbs to his country?
Ummmm, yep they would have. You see, had he lost his "middle limb", they would accuse him of not being a man. Remember, the test of patriotism is not whether you have the guts to wear a uniform. The test of patriotism is how successfully you can legally get out of wearing one.

- sherman&grant - 05-07-2004 11:26 PM

MAKO Wrote:You see, patriotism is demonstrated not through your actions but through your hot air.

Well then, you now serve as the exemplar of ultimate patriot.

Quote:BTW, for all those on here advocating constant warfare, I'd like to know how many of you are vets.  We've got a political discussion board on Herd Nation and every "bleeding heart liberal" on that board is either a veteran or is currently serving in the military.  Not a single one of the chickenhawks have ever had the guts to put on the uniform.

When you grow up, come on back and chat. There's no one here advocating constant warfare. Oh, by the way, refresh my recollection on how and when the great patriot Billy "Run For the White Cliffs of Dover" Clinton put on his uniform, and how folks like you graded his ability to serve as Commander in Chief.

- T-Monay820 - 05-07-2004 11:46 PM

Neither campaign is making any headway with the public with their smear campaigns against each others service records. Bush was in the national guard but has questionable service attendance. Kerry served in Vietnam, but has had his leadership questioned by superior officers. Wes Clarke served as supreme allied commander of NATO, but wasn't even considered for the job at first because he was deemed the wrong man for the job by the man chosen to appoint the position. All this has become is a circular arguement over who has the fewest blemishes on their record. Its now gotten to the point that no one cares cause there are so many. Frankly, none of these men have served with distinction to me.

If I were 30 days older these arguements would have no effect on my vote.

But remember its better to talk tough and stand firm, than talk tough and balk when it counts (note Carter, Clinton).

- T-Monay820 - 05-07-2004 11:48 PM

MAKO Wrote:Here. I'll dispense with phony "intellectual-superiority." The neo-cons are a bunch of cowards. Name one of them that had the guts to fight for his country.
Unfortunately for the Dems, just because you served doesn't automatically make you a suitable candidate for President. I'll bet the list of Democrats would be just as long, if not longer than yours.

Quote:Trent Lott - To gutless to serve his country but he did make a good cheerleader.

Wow, a lib making fun of a guy for being a cheerleader. Now I've seen it all.

- Schadenfreude - 05-08-2004 07:52 AM

MAKO Wrote:
Quote:But, surely the Republicans wouldn't have attacked Cleland as unpatriotic if he had given five limbs to his country?
Ummmm, yep they would have. You see, had he lost his "middle limb", they would accuse him of not being a man.
I imagine Max Cleland is sitting at a bar right now somewhere in Georgia, using his one good arm to lift a can of Pabst to his lips and deeply regretting the fact that he wasn't patriotic enough to have six limbs to give to his country.

- Schadenfreude - 05-08-2004 08:25 AM

sherman&grant Wrote:When you grow up, come on back and chat.
sherman&grant:

You will spend years paying off the Karmic debt you incurred with that remark.

I don't know how old you are and I don't know how old Mako is.

But I do know Mako is old enough to be several years into a commitment with a National Guard unit

(Mako, my apologies if you are actually a reservist and I've screwed this up. I'm just trying to save you some of the awkwardness of talking about yourself).

I haven't seen a lot of reporting or research on this, but I am growing more convinced each day that servicemen and women and their families are evaluating the merits of our American adventures in Iraq more critically than Republicans in the main.

It is one thing to indulge in cartoon talk about "talk(ing) tough and stand firm" while home safe in these United States with a warm, comfortable bed to sleep in each night. It is quite another to do in the heat of a Middle Eastern desert, facing the real threat of having your head blown off by an Iraqi militant while sand is encrusted in your nose.

A reservist I respect believes we face the very real possibility of a draft. I'm not sure I would have ever believed it But it makes sense. Our troops are spread thin right now. We have Guardsmen and women being asked to perform tasks and face risks as never before.

Now, there is no chance in hell a draft will take place until after the November election. George Bush may be a dimwit, but he isn't crazy.

But after the election? I wouldn't put anything past Bush if he wins. If he's thinking about a draft right now, he may not even wait until December -- which, if my math is right, is when T-Monay will turn 18.

Will T-Monay talk tough and stand firm? Or will he balk when it counts?

- Guest - 05-08-2004 08:39 AM

T-Monay820 Wrote:Neither campaign is making any headway with the public with their smear campaigns against each others service records. Bush was in the national guard but has questionable service attendance. Kerry served in Vietnam, but has had his leadership questioned by superior officers. Wes Clarke served as supreme allied commander of NATO, but wasn't even considered for the job at first because he was deemed the wrong man for the job by the man chosen to appoint the position. All this has become is a circular arguement over who has the fewest blemishes on their record. Its now gotten to the point that no one cares cause there are so many. Frankly, none of these men have served with distinction to me.

If I were 30 days older these arguements would have no effect on my vote.

But remember its better to talk tough and stand firm, than talk tough and balk when it counts (note Carter, Clinton).
Yeah, "Bring it on!" and "Mission Accomplished!" really ended it all, didn't they? Bushies are getting more delusional by the day. From Limbaugh calling prisoners of war being sodomized by American troops "a college-type prank", to the desparate attempts to paint Kerry as being as cowardly as they are. Trying to place Bush's "service" record in the same context as Kerry's and Clark's is pathetic. As are sweeping statements like "there are just as many clansmen in the DNC."

No leader questioned Kerry while he was serving in Viet Nam. Those critics only surfaced years later when they were working for the Republicans and Kerry was running on the other party's ticket. In fact, the same leader who is most vocal about Kerry wrote glowing reviews of him when they were both in the military. Was he a liar then, or just now?

Who are you to determine that Kerry and Clark didn't serve with distinction? Their war records, medals, and the testimonials of the men who served with, and whose lives were saved by them say otherwise. If Bush ever releases his military records the distinction between him and the men that you have the audacity to besmirch will become even clearer.

- MAKO - 05-08-2004 03:31 PM

Just for the record, I've been wearing a uniform since May, 1985 and I've been in the West Virginia Army National Guard since June, 1986 (although I did have a nine month break in service around 1988).

Until 2001, I spent my entire time in a battalion that is now in Iraq. I was transferred from that battalion to WVNG HQ in order to be promoted and to complete Command and General Staff Officer's Course. Had 9/11 occurred on 9/11/00 rather than 9/11/01, I'd have been in Iraq. My uneducated guess is that as soon as I complete this tour and finish my schooling, I'll get transferred back to a line unit and I'll get my chance to find out in person just what the hell Iraq looks like.

Quite frankly, I hope not. Anyone who says he wants to go to war is either a liar or a fool.

The people I call cowards are the ones that advocate for war but don't have the guts to sign up themselves. If you believe in something that much, why not prove it through your actions rather than your words. Dubya's actions were to skip an 18 month waiting list to join the National Guard, put NO OVERSEAS SERVICE on his form with the National Guard, go AWOL from the National Guard, and then get out early to go back to school. Cheney's actions were to get FIVE, COUNT THEM, FIVE deferrments until he was too old to be drafted. They're both cowards.

- DukeofDrums - 05-08-2004 11:12 PM

MAKO Wrote:I'd like to know how many of you are vets.
Some may not want to put their service record on a public forum.

- joebordenrebel - 05-08-2004 11:17 PM

:roflol:

Welcome, MAKO. You've made quite an impression on this thread, it seems.

Hopefully, the neo-cons can fish your boots out of their respective arses and send them back to you, spit shined!

Anyway, to the meat of this thread. Pot, kettle? Come off of it, cons. The only word thrown at Kerry more than "unpatriotic" is "waffle."

As one conservative lawgiver/absolutist put it, "If you can't take it, don't dish it out."

Indeed.

Still waiting on that list of leftist cowards. . . :roflol: