CSNbbs
Tiger MISSES the cut - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Sports Bar (/forum-531.html)
+----- Forum: Pro Sports (/forum-516.html)
+----- Thread: Tiger MISSES the cut (/thread-214715.html)

- JoltinJacket - 05-14-2005 05:36 AM

First time in 7 years. This was truly a Dimaggio-esque streak...

Quote:Tiger Woods studied the line from both directions, consulted his caddie, then settled in over a 15-foot par putt that was packed with the quiet tension normally found in a playoff at a major championship.

It was only a Friday afternoon at the Byron Nelson Championship, a rare time for Woods to feel so much heat. The putt wasn't for a trophy, but to keep alive the longest cut streak in PGA Tour history.

``Every guy in the locker room was watching,'' Jesper Parnevik said. ``We're not allowed to bet, but guys were offering $1,000 he would make it.''

That's because Woods always seems to do just that.

Not this time.

His putt broke gently toward the right side of the cup, then straightened out and trickled a few inches by, a dramatic end to one of the greatest streaks in sports.

``I just had a tough day,'' Woods said. ``Things I don't normally do, I did today.''

Topping the list was cleaning out his locker on a Friday.

A bogey on the 18th hole at Cottonwood Valley gave Woods a 2-over 72 and put him at 1 over par for the tournament, missing the cut for the first time in seven years and 142 tournaments. The cut was at even par.

``It was always going to come to an end eventually, wasn't it?'' Robert Allenby said. ``Obviously, it was a hell of a feat. That record will never be broken.''

RE: Tiger MISSES the cut - Howl-n-Prowl - 01-22-2012 09:52 PM

Actually, I don't think he ever misses the...oh...nevermind.

I misread that, I thought I saw an "n" in there.

RE: Tiger MISSES the cut - smn1256 - 01-28-2012 11:27 PM

(01-22-2012 09:52 PM)Howl-n-Prowl Wrote:  Actually, I don't think he ever misses the...oh...nevermind.

I misread that, I thought I saw an "n" in there.

Lol..... Took me a second to get that.

RE: Tiger MISSES the cut - crixus - 04-20-2012 12:47 AM

Tiger's fate is coming back to get him. We all reap what we sow, sooner or later. Or as they said on Seinfeld, "that's karma Kramer!"