CSNbbs
What music are you listening to right now - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Sports Bar (/forum-531.html)
+---- Thread: What music are you listening to right now (/thread-213239.html)

RE: What music are you listening to right now - HeartOfDixie - 02-07-2015 03:54 PM

(02-06-2015 09:51 AM)Lush Wrote:  
(02-03-2015 10:21 AM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  

hey that's pretty groovy. might have to dig into this band a little more. tnx!

You're welcome!

RE: What music are you listening to right now - bitcruncher - 02-08-2015 10:53 AM

Congrats to my buddy Phil Leadbetter on his successful fight against cancer. This is from a few years ago.

This is from the last CD he recorded before he began his battle with Hodgkin's Lymphoma.

RE: What music are you listening to right now - UCGrad1992 - 02-08-2015 06:34 PM

RE: What music are you listening to right now - PirateTreasureNC - 02-08-2015 07:36 PM

[Image: 20th_Century_Masters_Whitesnake.jpg]
While known for power ballads they actually could rock. Coverdale has a great voice for rock music.

[Image: 41O5C5QjWSL.jpg]

Great disc spanning their career though those dates.

[Image: Best_Of_Warrant.jpg]

Lane had such a great voice and this disc puts all their good stuff on one place.

RE: What music are you listening to right now - PirateTreasureNC - 02-08-2015 11:49 PM

I've got a android based tablet, is there a recommended app for playing .wma files? Preferably free. The google play store had so much junk ware on it I wasn't about to surf through all that mess for something that would play my files.

RE: What music are you listening to right now - Monarch_Pride - 02-09-2015 04:58 AM

(02-08-2015 11:49 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  I've got a android based tablet, is there a recommended app for playing .wma files? Preferably free. The google play store had so much junk ware on it I wasn't about to surf through all that mess for something that would play my files.

Download Apollo.. free and open source. Not on the play store, either.

RE: What music are you listening to right now - UCGrad1992 - 02-09-2015 08:37 PM

RE: What music are you listening to right now - CardFan1 - 02-10-2015 09:10 AM

This was a fantastic local Miami band, The Kollektion, that played with Many famous Acts at Thee Image in Miami along with another Local act that had a Major Hit. The Blues Image with "Ride Captain Ride"

I used to see these bands regularly while living in the Miami area in the '60's. Miami was a Hotbed for the Garage band scene and later the Acid Rock and Psychedelic Blues based groups along with having 2 major Pop Festivals in 1968 in May and December that I attended.

http://www.oldrockphoto.com/miamipop.html

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcThy5s6PN0Pq9jYQXuf9K7...uJFiad4tUC]

The Guy in the lower right with long sleeve Blue Shirt is actually Me at 15.

RE: What music are you listening to right now - UCGrad1992 - 02-10-2015 10:26 PM

(02-10-2015 09:10 AM)CardFan1 Wrote:  I used to see these bands regularly while living in the Miami area in the '60's. Miami was a Hotbed for the Garage band scene and later the Acid Rock and Psychedelic Blues based groups along with having 2 major Pop Festivals in 1968 in May and December that I attended.

You rock (or rocked) CardFan1! 04-cheers

I was one year old in 1968 and went to my first concert at age 16 in 1984 (a then unknown Bon Jovi was the opening act for the Scorpions). Ahhh, the memories of youth.

Big Brother and the Holding Company as a tribute...

RE: What music are you listening to right now - PirateTreasureNC - 02-10-2015 11:08 PM

(02-09-2015 04:58 AM)Monarch_Pride Wrote:  
(02-08-2015 11:49 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  I've got a android based tablet, is there a recommended app for playing .wma files? Preferably free. The google play store had so much junk ware on it I wasn't about to surf through all that mess for something that would play my files.

Download Apollo.. free and open source. Not on the play store, either.

I tried to locate some info on it... can you link me to what it can do? I couldn't tell from what little I could find that it would work with .wma files.

RE: What music are you listening to right now - CardFan1 - 02-12-2015 09:09 PM

(02-10-2015 10:26 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 09:10 AM)CardFan1 Wrote:  I used to see these bands regularly while living in the Miami area in the '60's. Miami was a Hotbed for the Garage band scene and later the Acid Rock and Psychedelic Blues based groups along with having 2 major Pop Festivals in 1968 in May and December that I attended.

You rock (or rocked) CardFan1! 04-cheers

I was one year old in 1968 and went to my first concert at age 16 in 1984 (a then unknown Bon Jovi was the opening act for the Scorpions). Ahhh, the memories of youth.

Big Brother and the Holding Company as a tribute...

Still Rockin' Out these days. Thanks !

RE: What music are you listening to right now - bitcruncher - 02-13-2015 01:55 PM

Here's who I saw at my first concert. Although it wasn't at Mountain Stage (started by a high school classmate in the '70s).

RE: What music are you listening to right now - UCGrad1992 - 02-13-2015 09:00 PM

RE: What music are you listening to right now - PirateTreasureNC - 02-15-2015 11:25 PM

The Best Wu Tang Clan solo album is 20 years old this year:

RE: What music are you listening to right now - PirateTreasureNC - 02-15-2015 11:26 PM

(02-13-2015 09:00 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  

I got a double cd of their hits free with the rewards I had earned via BMG Music Club probably about 10 years ago.... cool music to listen too... and also picking out the rap songs I had that had their samples in them.

RE: What music are you listening to right now - PirateTreasureNC - 02-16-2015 12:24 AM

My 20 year post on on Liquid Swords got me thinking... what else did I get in 1995:

AC/DC had Ballbreaker but I didn't buy it then

Audio Adrenaline had Don't Censor Me but I didn't own it then

Candlebox had Lucy
--Not a bad follow up but their self titled debut better.

Def Leppard released Vault but I didn't get it then

Slash's Snakepit bout out Its Five O'clock Somewhere
--First solo album and I thought it was great.

Living Colour put out Pride
--Pretty good remix/hits/new stuff cd from them.

The Offspring put out The Offspring
--not bad but not great... I liked Smash better.

Red Hot Chili Peppers out out One Hot Minute
--Not a bad disc but with Navarro, it didn't have that RHCP classic feel.

Skid Row put out Subhuman Race as their last album with Bach at lead vocals
--Not a bad disc but their debut and Slave to the Grind were much better.

Friday Soundtrack came out.
--Ohh how listened to that over and over....

Cypress Hill released III: Temples of Boom
--GREAT DISC!

Grits put out Mental Releases but I didn't get it then

LL Cool J put out Mr. Smith
--BIG TIME redemption disc from 14 Shots to the Dome IMO. Lots of LL classics on that one.

Mariah Carey puts out Daydream
--I liked a lot of her stuff. Actually, as I recall, I got this and Liquid swords on the same day at a local cd store downtown.

Foreigner put out Records but I did not own it then.

Michael Jackson put out HIStory but I did not get it then.

Janet Jackson put out Design of a Decade but I did not get it then.

No Doubt put out Tragic Kingdom but I did not get it then.

Can't recall what I might have gotten that year that wasn't released that year though....but I was buying a lot from BMG Music Club and Columbia House Music Club.

RE: What music are you listening to right now - UCGrad1992 - 02-16-2015 06:44 PM

RE: What music are you listening to right now - PirateTreasureNC - 02-16-2015 09:22 PM

Kids on the Hill killed it in 1995....lots of good stuff to be found on this one.

RE: What music are you listening to right now - PirateTreasureNC - 02-17-2015 07:26 PM

COGS04-jawdrop02-13-banana

ALL my flavors are guaranteed to satisfy!

REMIX

RE: What music are you listening to right now - UCGrad1992 - 02-21-2015 08:45 PM