CSNbbs
Boston College - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: ACCbbs (/forum-381.html)
+---- Forum: ACC Atlantic Team Talk (/forum-345.html)
+----- Forum: Boston College (/forum-363.html)
+----- Thread: Boston College (/thread-18792.html)

- David Krysakowski - 06-07-2004 08:46 PM

I think that you are making a mistake by joining the ACC. This will meen more money to travel from game to game. This will cost the school some money. They will have to increase the cost of going to the school.

- tarheelsben1 - 06-07-2004 11:00 PM

:rolleyes:

- vthokie - 07-31-2004 02:25 AM

David Krysakowski Wrote:I think that you are making a mistake by joining the ACC. This will meen more money to travel from game to game. This will cost the school some money. They will have to increase the cost of going to the school.
I agree. While BC fits into the conference academically, it just is not in a very good location. It's kind of like UCF with the MAC. Travel costs are gonna drain money that could be used in other areas of the program. BC may have been better served staying put. Syracuse would have been a better selection and more beneficial to all involved. SU has solid academics and is closer than BC to ACC country. SU is also better in the sports that matter. If location were key, WVU would fit, but I'm not sure WVU comes close to ACC academic standards.

- techfan4 - 07-31-2004 10:29 AM

WVU wouldn't fit...ATLANTIC COAST conference :D 03-razz 03-wink

- vthokie - 08-02-2004 02:57 AM

I heard a rumor that BC's entry into the ACC may be delayed another year and that they may not enter the ACC at all. Is this true?

If true, who would be brought in as the ACC's 12th team? SU? WVU? Pitt? UCONN? Personally, I'd hope for UCONN but predict SU.

- tarheelsben1 - 08-02-2004 06:43 AM

No one, give back Va Tech and Miami and forget the whole thing ever happened. Take things back to the way they are supposed to be.

I'm sure we'll hear a thousand reasons why ECU should be the team.

- DawgNBama - 08-06-2004 03:28 PM

tarheelsben1 Wrote:No one, give back Va Tech and Miami and forget the whole thing ever happened. Take things back to the way they are supposed to be.

I'm sure we'll hear a thousand reasons why ECU should be the team.
And I'm sure you would have preferred to see us still living under the control of Great Britain. :rolleyes:
The past is past. GET OVER IT, tarheelben!!!!

- tarheelsben1 - 08-06-2004 03:47 PM

Wow, what's your problem?

Let me break this down for you... UNC is not a powerhouse football school, it is however a powerhouse in basketball. Expansion might be great for the big-time football schools, and that's great for them, but it is not good for basketball in the ACC.

All the schools that are joining the ACC in this expansion suck at basketball, and that is not my only problem with what their entrance into the ACC is doing. It is ending the home and home series we had with all of the schools in the ACC. In the past the ACC teams would bring out the best in each other and gain tons of experience during the conference schedule. This would make all of the ACC teams that much stronger going into the NCAA tournament. Now we might play every team once? Just having a home and home with our biggest rivals?

All this being said, I know that nothing is going to change expansion. I guess I should look at the bright side, maybe expansion will bring some better football recruits to our football team.

And for the record I definitely think the Brits should be running things over here... :thumbdown:

- DawgNBama - 08-07-2004 07:57 AM

tarheelsben1 Wrote:Wow, what's your problem?

Let me break this down for you... UNC is not a powerhouse football school, it is however a powerhouse in basketball. Expansion might be great for the big-time football schools, and that's great for them, but it is not good for basketball in the ACC.

All the schools that are joining the ACC in this expansion suck at basketball, and that is not my only problem with what their entrance into the ACC is doing. It is ending the home and home series we had with all of the schools in the ACC. In the past the ACC teams would bring out the best in each other and gain tons of experience during the conference schedule. This would make all of the ACC teams that much stronger going into the NCAA tournament. Now we might play every team once? Just having a home and home with our biggest rivals?

All this being said, I know that nothing is going to change expansion. I guess I should look at the bright side, maybe expansion will bring some better football recruits to our football team.

And for the record I definitely think the Brits should be running things over here... :thumbdown:
I tend to get riled up at just about any UNC poster. You guys have that effect on me, and I could care a less about UNC sports or Duke sports period!!
Let me break this down for you.

You say that UNC is not a powerhouse football school, but is a powerhouse basketball school. Well gollllie, that sure is a revelation. :rolleyes: I will say that at the present time, expansion does indeed hurt the ACC's basketball programs. But, you never know if that might change in the future.
Plus, as for as ending home and home series you had with all the schools in the ACC, I'm not too sure that is entirely a bad thing. Please tell me what you miss most about the home and homes with Clemson and Florida State. I'm sure there are several memorable moments from those games. :rolleyes: However, for those schools that you truly will be missing (like GT perhaps), there is an option to bring back those games although expansion has already occurred. If your one game against Georgia Tech is on the road, play them at home OOC. That way, you have a home and home against Tech, even though it won't officially count in the conference standings. Yes, this burns an OOC game, but if you're truly missing playing GT, run my suggestion by your AD. The same goes for all the teams that UNC would like to play but can't because of expansion. Where there is a will, there is a way. If you don't like this idea though, then get over sore loser attitude. :chair:

- NewEnglandEagleCard - 10-10-2004 05:40 AM

tarheelsben1 Wrote:Wow, what's your problem?

Does BC really suck at hoops? I'm sure you're making a good case for Miami and VT, but BC? Didn't we win 20 games 3 of the last 4 years, and the fact that we have a roster that is capable of winning 20+ games again this year?

Not trying to start any fires here, but I'm just letting you know.

- Zlax45 - 11-01-2004 11:35 AM

I guess the UNC fans are forgetting about BC knocking off UNC in the NCAA tourney in the early 90's....Bc has a very competitive basketball program going to the NCAA's almost every other year....

- ClemsonRiviera - 11-12-2004 01:04 AM

Hey...if it wasn't for expansion, UNC never would have had a chance at the biggest win in football in their program's history...so, there is a silver lining.

- JD Heel - 12-10-2004 02:04 PM

A couple of things:
Quote:Please tell me what you miss most about the home and homes with Clemson and Florida State. I'm sure there are several memorable moments from those games.
I have good (and bad) memories attached to both Clemson and FSU in basketball. Clemson has never beaten us as home, and we have the longest streak of a team never beating another at home. We had an amazing comeback against FSU in 1993 -- after being down by as much as 21 with around 10 minutes left, we came back and won. Also, though, we lost at unranked Clemson in 2001 as the #1 team in the country (when that season began to unravel), and we lost in an amazing comeback at FSU last season. These series may not have quite the history of others in the ACC, but they matter.

Quote:Hey...if it wasn't for expansion, UNC never would have had a chance at the biggest win in football in their program's history...so, there is a silver lining.
Miami was on our schedule for this year before expansion was ever considered. We would have played them regardless. Because of expansion, we lost games with Maryland and Clemson and had to play Virginia Tech instead. Because the Miami game didn't change either way, we had to add an extra OOC opponent -- which ended up being William & Mary, the only opponent we could schedule at such short notice.

I'm not a fan of losing home-and-homes in basketball, or playing everyone in football. That was something that was beautiful about the ACC as we used to know it. I realize that everything must change, and I begrudgingly accept it. I am happy at Virginia Tech's inclusion versus some other opponents like Syracuse or UConn. No matter how much better those teams are in basketball, they don't seem like the ACC to me. Neither does BC, for that matter, but I can adjust to that. BC is good in football and basketball, and they are a great academic institution. If we had to go up north to get a school, I couldn't think of a better one.

-JD

- roxborobluedevil - 12-30-2004 06:26 PM

Duke doesn't play NC State but once, that's ridiculous. Also, we don't play them again in football until 2008. Thats way too long. The big 4 in NC should not be split up.

RE: Boston College - michaelis - 11-18-2009 06:16 AM

I have a few friends that attend BC. They tell me recruiting there sucks. If your lucky you can interview with a few jobs... and also admission process is also very easy.

RE: Boston College - arockstar - 05-28-2011 04:46 PM

I anticipate that you are authoritative a aberration by abutting the ACC. This will men added money to biking from bold to game. This will amount the academy some money. They will accept to access the amount of traveling to the school.