CSNbbs
G-Webb is waxing Mercer - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Proving Grounds (/forum-768.html)
+--- Forum: BigSouthbbs (/forum-12.html)
+---- Forum: Big South - South Division (/forum-702.html)
+----- Forum: Gardner-Webb (/forum-326.html)
+----- Thread: G-Webb is waxing Mercer (/thread-17454.html)

G-Webb is waxing Mercer - MercerFan - 02-08-2007 07:34 PM

35-11 right now. We beat you guys by 11 last time. What happened!

- Owlzfan84 - 02-08-2007 07:57 PM

at least you're not losing to UNF

- MercerFan - 02-08-2007 08:01 PM

:dance:

03-weeping

- MercerFan - 02-08-2007 08:23 PM

Bears making a HUGE run. They have chipped away to a 6 point deficit. Would be the biggest comeback of the year (if that's possible (CAMPBELL)).

Mercer trailed by as much as 28 and has brought it back to a 2 point deficit. (5:45 to go).

- MercerFan - 02-08-2007 08:30 PM

The 28 point lead is officially erased. It's a new game with 5 minutes to go.

- MercerFan - 02-08-2007 08:52 PM

G-Webb pulled it off by 1 point. I'd still bet that the GWebb locker room was not a happy scene from the coaching staff.

- Runnin' Bulldog Pride - 02-10-2007 10:22 AM

Typical GWU basketball this season. Either get down early and make a comeback to lose, or get up early and choke to lose. Amazingly, the Dawgs were able to hold on to this one.

I don't think Rick Scruggs and his staff can get to worked up over this being that it is only the Runnin' Bulldogs 6th conference win of the season. They will take them any way they can get them.

I don't know what to make of Mercer half the time. I get the sense that you guys are on the brink of being really good in a year or two.

- mubear - 02-10-2007 11:18 PM

i'm glad somebody else is noticing. at our last home stand we were playing 8 players. 3 of them were current or former walkons. and we are still being competitive. we are capable of beating anybody on a given night right now, but next year we get our leading rebounder and shot blocker back(who was ruled ineligilbe at xmas) and we have the big south freshman of the year from asheville sitting out right now that will be ready next year. all we lose is 2 walkons and alacqua(who is good but replaceable). the next two years have a chance to be special for mercer. i always remembered g-w games being a little testy and a fairly good rivalry. glad to see the last game could be such a thriller, just wish mercer had won.