CSNbbs
Task force says bring it back... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SoConbbs (/forum-266.html)
+---- Forum: SoCon Team Talk (/forum-944.html)
+----- Forum: ETSU (/forum-335.html)
+------ Forum: Buc Football (/forum-340.html)
+------ Thread: Task force says bring it back... (/thread-17242.html)

Task force says bring it back... - ETSUfan1 - 12-20-2006 05:33 PM

Thats the report. They told Stanton it would add community and university value...but they have to get the money and fees approved. A report will be in tomorrows JC Press.

- Buccaneerlover - 12-20-2006 05:56 PM

So when is etsubucs.com going to write the press release? Do you or anyone else know? :bow:

- PittsburghBucs - 12-20-2006 05:57 PM

I know where you are getting that from- it's from Troy.

But doesn't that conflict with what Dr. Bishop has been telling us- that they are delivering a price tag to Stanton?

Only ETSU would need a task force to tell their college president that "football adds to the community and university value."

Gee. Who knew?

- ETSUfan1 - 12-20-2006 06:23 PM

lol, yeah Pitt I hear ya.

Quote:So when is etsubucs.com going to write the press release?

When is the last time they reported on any of the task force news....NEVER. They wont report anything on that site, till they say for sure football is coming back.

- PittsburghBucs - 12-20-2006 07:32 PM

WJHL led with the story.

Now- the task force basically said the students were receptive to the increase in fees and they would like to see it return.

However, student fees CANNOT totally fund the rest of the procedure.

This is pure speculation- but what I am seeing is that the funding for the new facilities simply isn't there. Something needs to be done to jump start it.

Voila! Say you'll bring back football but you just need money!

Now, this is an interesting trick- because you are saying to raise $50- you have to raise $100.

I don't know. I remember reports from that one of the big boosters- Powell- was all for killing football- but you wonder if he gets the construction contract on a new football stadium if he'll keep that stance.

One final note- WCYB had nothing on this. Nothing at all for 90 minutes. They led sports with last night's basketball game.

THAT IS A JOKE!

- BucGrad2006 - 12-20-2006 07:56 PM

PittsburghBucs Wrote:One final note- WCYB had nothing on this. Nothing at all for 90 minutes. They led sports with last night's basketball game.

THAT IS A JOKE!

That would require Paul Johnson actually getting out of the studio and......gasp.........working............ 03-melodramatic

- Buccaneerlover - 12-21-2006 10:34 AM

Got a friend over there, they lost their weekend guy and PJ anchors the 10pm Fox news with the new girl. I would say that's one hell of a trick to be in multiple places at once.

- PittsburghBucs - 12-21-2006 10:44 AM

So why not do what WJHL did and send a news reporter?

- Buccaneerlover - 12-21-2006 10:48 AM

Ask Garick Zikan....

- PittsburghBucs - 12-21-2006 10:55 AM

That's what I'm saying. The onus is on WCYB.

That newscast is really spread thin. When you were leading with a storm in Colorado you have to ask yourself what is going on.

- Buccaneerlover - 12-21-2006 11:01 AM

Ask them, if you don't like something, call and complain, if it doesn't help, mention it to their local advertisers.
I mean if it were me personally I would have sent that Preston guy out to do it, he's easily the best reporter in the area, kind of a Ron Burgundy without the mustache.