CSNbbs
Surprise Team [from 2005] - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------- Forum: NTR Sports (/forum-675.html)
+------- Thread: Surprise Team [from 2005] (/thread-163542.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Surprise Team [from 2005] - MattyG - 04-06-2005 05:12 PM

Since evryone is talking about baseball and soccer (???). I will go ahead and let oyu guys in on a secret. The Cincinatti Reds (yes those Reds) will win the World Series this year. Adam Dunn is the greatest power hitter since Barry Bonds without steroids. If he can mature and stop striking out look out for your next triple crown winner. The ptiching is much improved and Junior will stay healthy and return to his form of the best player of the 90s.

Book it and remember you heard it here first.

Oh yeah before you start the Cardinals are weak.

MattyG

- BinghamptonNed - 04-06-2005 05:25 PM

MattyG Wrote:Since evryone is talking about baseball and soccer (???). I will go ahead and let oyu guys in on a secret. The Cincinatti Reds (yes those Reds) will win the World Series this year. Adam Dunn is the greatest power hitter since Barry Bonds without steroids. If he can mature and stop striking out look out for your next triple crown winner. The ptiching is much improved and Junior will stay healthy and return to his form of the best player of the 90s.

Book it and remember you heard it here first.

Oh yeah before you start the Cardinals are weak.

MattyG
:rofl: :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl:

I see you are new to the board....... We always need funny posters ...and you..... are fuuuuuuuunnnny :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

04-cheers

Welcome to the board!!!!

REds Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh! :laugh:

- tigerpikapp - 04-06-2005 05:26 PM

as long as Griffey doesn't break a toe nail or something, who knows?

- TigerTrue - 04-06-2005 05:40 PM

I'm with you, Matty. Don't listen to Ned.

You're right. With Dunn, Griffey, Kearns and Casey, watch out offensively. And the pitching looks promising. Nobody predicted the Reds back in 1990 and they went wire to wire. I'm going to second your prediction and say it will happen again this year.

And, no, it doesn't matter how many posts you have on here to KNOW what you are talking about. Most of these guys that have thousands of posts on here - 90% is senseless bs.

Go Tigers.

True

- BinghamptonNed - 04-06-2005 05:44 PM

TigerTrue Wrote:I'm with you, Matty. Don't listen to Ned.

You're right. With Dunn, Griffey, Kearns and Casey, watch out offensively. And the pitching looks promising. Nobody predicted the Reds back in 1990 and they went wire to wire. I'm going to second your prediction and say it will happen again this year.

And, no, it doesn't matter how many posts you have on here to KNOW what you are talking about. Most of these guys that have thousands of posts on here - 90% is senseless bs.

Go Tigers.

True
Are things that desolate in Fayette county that you all have to turn to the Reds? :laugh:

The cardinal haters come out every so often..... one of these years they will be right (you cannot win EVERY year ) but the REDS?

:sleep:

- TigerTrue - 04-06-2005 05:51 PM

Come on, Ned. You know that us Fayette Countians are as smart as they come. I predicted that you would be a huge success with the Louisville Game Day tailgate party, and I predicted that Darius would miss those free throws. I can't help it!!

So, I predict the Reds to win it all. Binghampton is good, for sure, but Fayette County is heaven.

Either way, you're aces in my book. 04-bow

True

- tigerpikapp - 04-06-2005 05:52 PM

my dear friends you are both mislead, don't you know heaven is that quaint little village called Germantown!

- BinghamptonNed - 04-06-2005 05:55 PM

tigerpikapp Wrote:my dear friends you are both mislead, don't you know heaven is that quaint little village called Germantown!
germantown is a good place to live i guess.... if I could not afford to live in a nice area I would move there myself!!!!!

- TigerTrue - 04-06-2005 05:56 PM

Amen, Ned.

True

- BinghamptonNed - 04-06-2005 06:07 PM

MattyG, I trust that you are a good Tiger fan that has poor taste in Baseball teams.

Don't do like the last Cardinal basher --CALZONE -- he left the board never to return after the cardinals mowed down his baby bears.

<a href='http://www.ncaabbs.com/forums/memphis/invision/index.php?act=ST&f=10&t=14406&hl=' target='_blank'>CLICK HERE FOR CALZONE's last stand!!!!</a>

04-drinky

- tigerpikapp - 04-06-2005 06:14 PM

ah, the crappy cubbies. I would bank that Matty G knows more about Tiger bball than anyone else on this board his age, and maybe some of us older too.

- tigerpikapp - 04-06-2005 06:16 PM

wow, that CalZone guy was arguing with no ammo.

- tigers0830 - 04-06-2005 07:04 PM

The Cardinals are still the class and the team to beat in the National League.

The Central should end up something like this

Cards
Cubs
Astros
Reds
Bucs
Brewers

- uofmwalton - 04-06-2005 07:28 PM

Should the Reds be improved and a possible contender? Yes. Are the Cardinals weak? NO!!!!

- Hernando Hills Tiger - 04-06-2005 07:42 PM

MattyG Wrote:The Cincinatti Reds (yes those Reds) will win the World Series this year.
Just a tip MG.

In the future if you plan to give us a sure thing please do it before the start of the season so us gamblers on the board can get our bets down.

I hate it when the experts give tips after the betting window closes. 04-drinky

- MattyG - 04-06-2005 08:14 PM

Ok. first of all Ned (Ned is your name..that is funny in itself) let me guess you are a Cardinals fan. The Cardinals are about as fake as Mark Mcgwire's records. Just because I dont post alot loses all credibilty. That makes sense smart guy. I have been reading the forum for over a year and would guarantee that I know more have been to more Tiger related stuff than you.

MattYG

- MattyG - 04-06-2005 08:17 PM

up 5-3 in the 6th. Griffey 3-4. Can you say MVP

- BinghamptonNed - 04-06-2005 08:23 PM

MattyG Wrote:Ok. first of all Ned (Ned is your name..that is funny in itself) let me guess you are a Cardinals fan. The Cardinals are about as fake as Mark Mcgwire's records. Just because I dont post alot loses all credibilty. That makes sense smart guy. I have been reading the forum for over a year and would guarantee that I know more have been to more Tiger related stuff than you.

MattYG
If you would read my post carefully I did not dismiss your views because of your lack of posts I welcome levity to the board and yours was right up there with the best of em :laugh:

Reds will kill the Cards ( who suck) bwaaaaaah that is funny stuff!!!

I do not want you to get discouraged because of this one misguided post, If you do not want to be marginalized as only a funny guy, stick to stuff you know like Tiger athletics, I guess we should all sit back and get a fw lessons from the expert since you "guarantee that I know more have been to more Tiger related stuff than you "

I think you are trying to say that you have been to more games than me and that is possible I have only been able to make it to five or six games so far,

I look forward to seeing more of your post on here I just hope that some are serious so that I can learn a lot about Tiger athletics. :wave:

- SigEpMike - 04-06-2005 08:23 PM

MattyG Wrote:. I have been reading the forum for over a year and would guarantee that I know more have been to more Tiger related stuff than you.
Matty (your name is Matty???), that's impossible...from the intelligence you have demonstrated, you appear to be 10...Ned (not his real name) has been going to Tiger events longer than you have been alive.

- tigerpikapp - 04-06-2005 08:28 PM

hey Matt, you got a SPE (don't take that the wrong way Mike) rockin' on ya!