CSNbbs
CFN Preview - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt West Team Talk (/forum-290.html)
+----- Forum: Arkansas State (/forum-299.html)
+----- Thread: CFN Preview (/thread-14791.html)

- badgerwolf - 07-18-2004 07:01 AM

ASU will surprise the pundits this year and do far better than CFN projects; however, the 'on the road' OOC schedule is a KILLER!!!

CFN 2004 Preview:
114. Arkansas State (projected record: 2-9)
This year's team has to find a way to keep winning close games even though there's little experience on defense and the offense has to find ways to consistently move the ball. As decent as the five-win season of 2003 might seem, two victories came against D-IAA teams and the three D-I wins came by a grand total of eight points. There will be some brutally ugly losses along the way, but there's no reason they can't win five Sun Belt games.
Relative strength: Special teams
Relative Weakness: Running backs
Star of the team: Senior LB Steven Tookes
Key game: Oct. 16 vs. Troy

CFN 2003 Preview:
102. Arkansas State - Don't expect a Sun Belt championship season with an offense that could struggle without several of 2002's top stars. Gone are Garry Johnson, James Hickenbotham, Danny Smith and John Crossley leaving holes too big to fill for the talent that returns. However, what ASU lacks in offensive pop will be more than made up for by what should be a stingy defense. Nine starters return to a defense that was strong over the back half of the 2002 season.
Relative strength: defensive line
Relative Weakness: running backs
Star of the team: Senior DT Jon Bradley
Key game: Oct. 25 at Utah State :eek:

- SwampHound - 07-18-2004 08:54 AM

I always enjoy reading what these people have to say because the rarely know what they are talking about when it comes to our schools :laugh: Key game in 2003 vs Utah State 03-confused

- DONALD P - 07-19-2004 09:08 AM

SwampHound Wrote:I always enjoy reading what these people have to say because the rarely know what they are talking about when it comes to our schools :laugh: Key game in 2003 vs Utah State 03-confused
I agree. I don't consider RB's a weakness.

- badgerwolf - 07-19-2004 09:22 AM

DONALD P Wrote:
SwampHound Wrote:I always enjoy reading what these people have to say because the rarely know what they are talking about when it comes to our schools  :laugh: Key game in 2003 vs Utah State  03-confused
I agree. I don't consider RB's a weakness.

Yeah, you guys are right; the football mid-majors do not get much attention and relatively any worthwhile research is done prior to publishing the reviews!
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: