CSNbbs
Lee Corso - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: Archives (/forum-462.html)
+----- Forum: MACbbs Archives (/forum-480.html)
+----- Thread: Lee Corso (/thread-130412.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

- axeme - 11-10-2003 01:46 PM

There was a moment this weekend when Corso was lambasting both Tressel and Coker for their lax disicipline on their players.
It was good. It was real good.
Then he resumed being an idiot.
Blind squirrel and all.

- HuskieDan - 11-10-2003 02:32 PM

It was Lee's committment to discipline and his personal dedication that caused him to jump to another job after 9 games at NIU. :rolleyes: 03-banghead

Lee is still, and appears to desire to remain, forever an idiot.

- DevilGrad - 11-25-2003 05:27 PM

While it's fun to take a run at Trev Alberts or Craig James every once in a while, it's important to remember that no matter what time of day or night you choose, Lee Corso is STILL an idiot.

- Flying Corn - 12-04-2003 09:24 PM

In case you'd forgotten, Lee "the MAC doesn't deserve more than two bowl bids because life isn't fair" :mad: :mad: Corso is still an idiot.

- exCincy Kid - 12-04-2003 11:03 PM

I have said for a long time that the BCS is a conspiracy of half of the big schools and the MEDIA. And yes, they must hire idiots. Smart people know what they are seeing and question the messwage if it is not truthful. For that reason, BCS/MEDIA must hire IDIOTS in order to promote the MYTH. We know where we stand. Our problem is that we expect fairness and objectivity. Impossible with idiots. 03-banghead

- Okie Chippewa - 12-04-2003 11:28 PM

Corso was complimentary to the MAC for most of the telecast. However...

Paraphrasing one of the typical "Corso-isms" near the end of the game;
"I'll bet Bowling Green would rather play Northwestern instead of Michigan State or Minnesota." (Implying they can't hang with the latter.)

Hey Lee, BG has beaten Purdue and only lost at Ohio State by a touchdown. They WANT TO PLAY the best Big Ten (can't count to eleven) team available.

Then they all discussed the question as to whether Miami could hang with the ten BCS teams ranked above them. Implicity they thought not, "because those squads can really play defense". Hey guys, don't you remember the slew of MAC teams who hung with or beat many of these heavyweights? Even with the compliments, the commentators are still having difficulty continuing to believe just what the MAC has achieved on the field this year.

Meanwhile, it's 10:26 PM CST and Lee Corso is still, um... um...

- knight_01 - 12-04-2003 11:52 PM

Miami Oh is for real this year. They would do well in a BCS bowl this year actually. If Ben comes back next year and they don't have any let downs on the O Line, maybe they'll get a sniff? Although Bugs has a shot at the Big 10 opponent. But I wouldn't be surprised if they lose.

- Karl - 12-04-2003 11:53 PM

Not only all that, but Kirky boy made me just want to 03-puke He was ALL OVER the MAC bandwagon, as if he's been saying the MAC is good all along. The clown has taken every swipe he could at any MAC team that he had to talk about, but the play on the field this year forced him to give it up. But as the last poster said, he still doesn't really believe it.

And here I sit, sick as a dog on my vacation, typing on a message board at 11:52pm. I'm stupid, but Lee Corso is STILL an idiot.

- Guest - 12-05-2003 05:50 AM

Corso cracked me up with, "If Miami scores again, get a sandwich...it's over!" That was FUNNY!

He's still an idiot.

I'll take Kirk on the bandwagon. If by some chance he stays on it, he could be the best thing that ever happened to the conference. If not, hopefully folks remember his comments from the game.

Hope you feel better, Karl.

- Karl - 09-06-2004 01:04 PM

Here it is a new season, fall hasn't even officially arrived, the first games have been played, and Less Corso is still an idiot!

- CMichFan - 09-06-2004 02:01 PM

Karl! 04-bow You win the Timely Thread Resurrection award! 03-lol

- HuskiemobileMan - 09-06-2004 02:06 PM

On gameday Corso called for Maryland to beat NIU by 21. Sorry Lee. Survey says..........IDIOT!!! :tomato:

- Karl - 09-06-2004 03:37 PM

CMichFan Wrote:Karl! 04-bow You win the Timely Thread Resurrection award! 03-lol
I can't take all the credit for that...I'm not the one who referred to him as an idiot earlier today :D But it certainly rang a bell, so I had to go find it. I know I got lots of laughs out of this thread last year.

- owen - 09-06-2004 09:36 PM

Karl Wrote:
CMichFan Wrote:Karl! 04-bow You win the Timely Thread Resurrection award!  03-lol
I can't take all the credit for that...I'm not the one who referred to him as an idiot earlier today :D But it certainly rang a bell, so I had to go find it. I know I got lots of laughs out of this thread last year.
Thought I'd tack on my post from yesterday here.

QUOTE (mossmaidi @ Sep 5 2004, 11:28 PM)
Corso also said that NIU would lose by 3 TDs to Maryland. NIU lost by 3 with their backup QB. Corso also said Oklahoma would score 60+ against BG. He was wrong again...

Corso is an idiot and a MAC hater.

- elpalito - 09-06-2004 09:41 PM

erhm... i actually think Herbstreit is their best analyst. But then..I don't wear my MAC colored glasses very often. 03-wink

they did misjudge NIU and BG...but also TOledo and Miami.

- MUther - 10-30-2004 03:25 AM

BUMP

inspired by chips fans in the WMU/CMU thread.

- Schadenfreude - 10-30-2004 07:34 AM

It's 8:33 EDT on Saturday, Oct. 30, 2004.

Situation static.

- HuronDave - 10-30-2004 11:31 AM

I love when this thread gets resurrected because 1) I started it!! 2) no matter what time or what place, the title remains one of the great truisims of life and 3) look, it can bring people of varied political persuasions into agreement. :D

- MacLord - 10-31-2004 01:58 AM

All I know is, I was at a bar tonight and Lee Corso's yakking head showed up on the TV, and my girlfriend asked in all seriousness, "What is Mel Brooks doing on a show about football?"

- klingon288 - 10-31-2004 07:59 AM

MacLord Wrote:"What is Mel Brooks doing on a show about football?"
"The History of Indiana Football, Part I" starring "Buddy" Reynolds as the Coach.